Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Beta keys

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shainey

07-17-2009

I got my beta key in my email... i sign up, i download the game, i log into the game... and it asks me for another beta key saying that my old one is not activated.

Cilk

07-17-2009

Quote:
Shainey:
I got my beta key in my email... i sign up, i download the game, i log into the game... and it asks me for another beta key saying that my old one is not activated.

Same here.. :S
Think it will work if you retry when the servers are online

micha

Adjudicator

07-17-2009

Hi,
theres nothing wrong with your PC or with your Client.
It's just because the Servers are down, they are only up at weekend for the specify Beta uptimes check this Threads:

http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=37
http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=453

And here a Server Status Checker, so you can see easy when servers are up:
http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/server_status.php

And theres also a big chance that the server will be up at Sunday, just join IRC or use the Status Page to be up2date

HighFive

07-17-2009

Hey guys,

Sorry about the beta keys not working out. We've had some issues with beta keys in the past, so we'll look into it. Just out of curiosity, what date and time did you guys try and create your accounts?

SCV

07-17-2009

HighFive is it not just because the keys are disabled for now? The message is very misleading!

micha

Adjudicator

07-17-2009

Quote:
SCV:
HighFive is it not just because the keys are disabled for now? The message is very misleading!

Also think so, thats why i posted my copy&paste text :P

Cilk

07-17-2009

Today.. like 2 hours ago.
I followed a link i got through E-mail, and i got redirected to the downlaod page which told me that im activated
But when i log into LoL it says im not activated

micha

Adjudicator

07-17-2009

Quote:
Cilk:
Today.. like 2 hours ago.
I followed a link i got through E-mail, and i got redirected to the downlaod page which told me that im activated
But when i log into LoL it says im not activated

Yeah, thats exactly what i describe at #3 :P
So thats just because our all keys are actually inactive, they will be active during official test times and maybe also today for more read my #3 post :P

Cilk

07-17-2009

Ohh, sorry..
Thanks for the support

WarDota

07-17-2009

Not sure if this is the same problem as the OP is having. But when I installed the game then logged in it gives me this message.

Beta key activation error.

Either an invalid beta key has been entered or the beta key has already been activated. Please try again with a different beta key.

Edit: I just saw my beta invite in my email last night and registered around 2 a.m. If this helps any.