Disconnects due to modem/router.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Hungry Grue

03-07-2011

Hello forums. I have come seeking help on an issue that has constantly made this game extremely trying to play. I have an extremely annoying habit to disconnect on death, causing me to occasionally have to restart the client multiple times, etc. While this is a nice incentive not to die, this is not my intention.

My router/modem, according to portfoward.com, cannot forward enough ports to work for LoL, however, while I have access to the DMZ settings pretty easily, I have no idea what to configure it as.

I have searched for this, your solution was this 'hotspotshield' which just causes nothing to work at all. Please, if there is any solution to my problem short of getting a new modem/router, I would like to hear it. Last time I posted this thread I simply got asked to run several tests, which I did and posted the results...and got no reply whatsoever. Please don't repeat that.

-Fawful

Arkard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchman

03-07-2011

Quote:
while I have access to the DMZ settings pretty easily, I have no idea what to configure it as.
I'm not sure what you mean, DMZ has two settings: enable and disable. It will probably also ask you for the internal IP of the computer you want to put on the DMZ.

What's your router's model/brand? I'd like to do a little bit of research into its capabilities.

A Hungry Grue

03-07-2011

Belkin F5D5630au4

There you go. I am unable to use bridged mode, due to not being the account owner. Something I'd rather not get into right now.

http://portforward.com/english/route...30au4index.htm

Direct link to portfoward.

Thanks for the swift response. Just tried another game, and I couldn't even get in. :|

Arkard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchman

03-07-2011

You shouldn't need to use bridged mode(and in fact, I think it'll end up causing more problems).

http://screenshots.portforward.com/B...5730au/DMZ.htm

Is this what your DMZ screen looks like? If so, enabling DMZ is all you would need to do to get the ports forwarded correctly.

The internal IP for the modem/router is often different from the one assigned to your actual PC. If you use 10.0.0.1 on your browser to get to the modem/router options, your PCs' IP is more than likely 10.0.0.2(which is what you need to put on the DMZ options, not 10.0.0.1).

To be absolutely sure, though, you can go through the command prompt(press windows key + 'R' and type 'cmd'), and enter 'ipconfig /all' without the quotes. Under IPv4 address, you should see the internal address for the PC.

Have you tried this already? From what you posted, it seemed you couldn't get DMZ to work, so I want to make sure we cover all our bases. It seems like this is the only way to get this particular modem/router to work with games that require multiple ports to be forwarded.

A Hungry Grue

03-07-2011

I did try it before, with little success, however I will try again now and get back to you. Thanks again.

A Hungry Grue

03-07-2011

Well, now I can't really tell if it works or not. It still black screens and becomes unresponsive after champion select as it did before. Hopefully this will fix my DC on death issue though.

A Hungry Grue

03-08-2011

Rebump. Unable to entirely rejoin games after activating DMZ. No idea if it would fix the ingame DC, as I can't join games period with it.

Bybloss

03-08-2011

Is your modem/ router all in one? Belkin is the modem brand Verizon uses . Its also sold at Walmart lol . I could almost tell you that you need a new router . But since your either pirating the connection , or not the owner , GL with that. IF you can influence the person who owns the connection , get them to call your ISP , and replace your modem . If your just a dark person , disable your router and tell them its broke lol , and they will buy another . Thats about all I can tell you

A Hungry Grue

03-08-2011

My parents actually own the connection, but I'm an IT student myself. I knew it was a terrible modem to begin with, but really, I don't have much of a choice in the matter. I have been considering investing in a new one, but am rather unsure of how to set it up to connect with the ISP. Amusingly, the only one with IT experience is left in the dark :S. Thanks anyway.

Arkard

Wrenchman

03-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawfúl View Post
My parents actually own the connection, but I'm an IT student myself. I knew it was a terrible modem to begin with, but really, I don't have much of a choice in the matter. I have been considering investing in a new one, but am rather unsure of how to set it up to connect with the ISP. Amusingly, the only one with IT experience is left in the dark :S. Thanks anyway.
I know calling your ISP usually feels like a waste of time, but it can't hurt to give it a try. Sometimes you'll luck out and get someone really helpful. If you're unsure of how a new modem/router will operate with your service, they'd be the guys to ask.

If you can't get the DMZ to work properly, then it sounds like the only solution is to replace the modem/router. Call your ISP and ask if they will provide you with a simple modem that you can then hook up to a router you purchase yourself, and then take it from there. You can get good routers at pretty decent prices these days, so even with the economic burdens that come with attending college, it shouldn't be entirely out of your reach.