Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Sion, The Undead Rage Inducer.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Solutionist

02-08-2010

Ah, good point, Infinity Edge's do NOT stack, my bad, i think rather you should get another phantom dancer, or a Bloodthirster, lemme edit real fast...

Gigg

02-08-2010

Whatever built, I believe you must let the stun level 1 and max shield before stun since it makes you survive and you still can stun. Since you are not ap, you don,t care about the dmg as long as it stuns.

The Solutionist

02-09-2010

This is all about his crit chance, you will most likely have it at about 60+% so it will pretty much be critting all the time, 600+ dmg, which will drop hp bars near instantly in 4 seconds of sustained pounding.

Guyduc

02-09-2010

This is overall the a good guide and the suggestions are good also. Here is my 2 cents and summary of what has been said so far:

Skills:
E
Q
E
W
E
R
(Max Priority: E, R, W, Q)

Items:
Malady
Beserker Boots
Zeal

After this I would see where the game is heading:
If the other team has lots of physical attackers that kill your team, get Frozen Heart
If your team has lots of phycial attackers, get Stark's Fervor
If there is another physical DPS with life leech on their team, get Executioner's Calling

The latter items can be held off until you can properly gauge the field. In the interim the focus should be:
If you have attack speed runes--get Crit %
If you have Crit % runes--get attack speed

This generally works and will get help your team. After about 10-20 games, you will see what items fit your style better.

Here is a question I have: I usually get first blood and a few kills to follow that in the early game, after that the opposing team always focuses on me first no matter what is going on. After I die, my team mops the floor with them and pushes. I always end up with more deaths than kills, and many assists. Is this the story with other people? Or am I playing too aggressively and accommodating my team too much?

ShloobeR

02-09-2010

Well, The way you need to think about it is like this

Maybe you personally are not getting enough kills, but by putting the fear of god into them you are clearly opening up opportunities for your team, personally your stats will suffer but you're actually contiributing a LOT by soaking up that damage, one of the reasons carry sion is so deadly is that even in the midgame he will have so much HP that if you DO focus him (and often they will) it still requires a little time to take him down, time which your allies can spend smashing them up.

So the short answer is to take a banshees or frozen mallet or something to counter that, but that's often very impractical and you'll just end up weaker and untargetted, if what youre saying is happening, and your team is destroying them with you dying, I say just keep it up, it's a little frustrating for you but you're actually winning the game for your team.

Edit: Just to mention that yes this has happened to me many times, and other good sions I have seen, it should not force you to change your playstyle too much, you still need to be just behind your initiator.

The Solutionist

04-02-2010

Same with me, playing sion more and more.
Carry sion = rapeage