[Guide] Sion, The Undead Rage Inducer.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Solutionist

02-05-2010

Sion has so much capability, his enrage offers extra damage, hies stun offers 2 seconds to get an early gank, his shield offers protection while tanking turrets for kills, and his cannibalize is epic beyond belief in fights where you tank...
I'm going to offer you a build you will NOT forget. I use this build every time i play Sion, it is simply amazing.

First, i will list off his abilities,

Cryptic Gaze
Stuns for a small amount of damage, stun duration is two seconds.

Deaths Caress

Blocks damage directly to you, and if not destroyed within 10 seconds detonates.

Enrage
Adds a good, high amount of damage, also adds life to yourself when you kill anything.

Cannibalize
Adds 50% Lifesteal and 50% attack speed.

Now, those are his abilities, lets cut to the chase about his items.

Dorans Shield, Mana Potion (Starting out)
Now, your second item, Berserkers Greaves.
Third item, Malady.
Fourth item, Infinity Edge, OR Phantom Dancer.
Fifth item, Executioners calling.
Sixth item, Bloodthirster
Sell your Dorans shield, and buy either another Phantom Dancer, for more crits, or a Bloodthirster to add to damage and lifesteal.

Naturally, Sion has a high capability for living due to any lifesteal you may add, then his ultimate, but to furthermore increase his capability, grab the Golem Buff whenever you can, it will literally turn some fights around, due to the CD reduction, and the Mana Regen.
Cryptic Gaze will become a fear among enemy teams while that buff is on, you can repeatedly stun and hit them over and over till their dead.

Now, his runes.

My runes are mostly attack speed and evasion, but not all people prefer to have that. Your build is your own, so I'll provide nothing about your runes.

Summoner Spells:

Exhaust -- I always go with exhaust, for fighting people like Twitch, to Shaco, Eve, Master Yi, anyone who can't live without hitting you.
Get the offensive boost for this.

Cleanse -- You cant live without hurting people as well, so if they exhaust you, this is useful for turning it around.

Extra Summoner Spells:

Flash, teleport, ignite, and smite. (Smite not recommended, useful for a Jungling Sion.)

Flash is useful for a blink stun approach, and for killing near towers then fleeing immediatley.

Masteries:

Sion is a hurt locker, a HURT locker. People tend to avoid him on a one versus one, due to his stun and damage. So make it so you can end them faster than they can get away, i have the Critical Chance increase, Exhaust boost, Archmages Savvy (For no other reason than the slightest boost), Alacrity, Cooldown Reduction, Minion Damage increase, Regular damage increase, Sunder, and the final boost.

Now, the abilities.

1. Stun
2. Enrage
3. Stun
4. Enrage
5. Enrage
6. Ultimate
7. Enrage
8. Stun
9. Enrage
10. Stun
11. Shield
12. Stun
13. Ultimate again
14. Shield
15. Shield
16. Ultimate
17. Shield
18. Shield

A most effective build is also to get Enrage First, as stated below, for more bonus damage, but you would alsop need some kind of regen or lifesteal to counteract the effects of it. Vampiric Scepter or Regrowth Pendant.

Trinity Force isn't useless, its good for partial slow, extra mana, some AP and some HP, but i wouldnt advise getting it you know? Most people don't play AP sion because you need some pretty epic feed if your gonna be a carry.
Any more advice and such would be helpful.

The Solutionist

02-07-2010

Comments? Questions?

mOeeOm

02-07-2010

This guide fails because you didn't get trinity force.

Also...

A second infinity edge is bad, it doesn't stack. Level 3 should be another point in enrage, you want that talent maxed as fast as possible.

ShloobeR

02-07-2010

I play Sion in a pretty similar way to you but I think you can optimize your build in some ways.

In my opinion grabbing a vampiric sceptre at the beginning serves just as good a purpose as Doran's shield, I typically grab enrage first because it's extremely rare that an enemy will not have either cleanse/flash/escape ability at the beginning, and enrage from the get go just seems to work better for me.

So my build will start with Vampiric Sceptre and then build malady FIRST before any boots. this gives you the ability to stay in a lane almost indefinitely. while your farm up for your Zeal + Zerks.

Another thing we do differently is that I focus more on Critical % then attack speed. The duration of Cannibalism is so long you do NOT need attack speed runes AND phant AND malady AND greaves.

My red runes are purely Critical Damage chance, and I rely heavily on Green elixirs to d oa lot of my damage early (those green elixirs will change every battle with sion), it ups your critical strike % and your attack speed noticeably.

With Malady / Elixir / Zerks / Cannibalism (lvl 1) you are unstoppable already.

Yes the Blue buff is important for repeating your stuns but actually the red buff is more practical because the idea is you stun them once so you can catch up to them and then they cannot get away when you have the red buff.

I just feel that DPS Sion is an incredibly rune-dependant character, and I've tried both crit % and attack speed and I will completely vouch for crit chance.

Also to above, trinity force? What? why would you get that?

If I'm having a very good early game with last hitting creeps I may even go for sword of the occult! (but rarely because it's not that good even when charged : ( )

mOeeOm

02-07-2010

Trinity Force

+20 Damage, +30 Ability Power, +25% Attack Speed, +12% Crit Chance, +12% Move Speed, +300 Health, +300 Mana, UNIQUE Passive: 25% chance on hit to slow the target by 50% for 2.5 seconds; on cast, increases your base Attack Damage by 150% for one attack.

The stats are also everything Sion needs.

When you activate your shield you will do more damage on your next swing, when you stun you will do more damage, and if you proc the slow and they have no way to get away from you in time you will stun them again and get more attacks.

ShloobeR

02-07-2010

uh...

ok, for the same price you could get something A LOT MORE USEFUL
if you get the red buff (which you can easily do around level 5) you will not need that slow. YES you are basing a lot on getting that buff, that is the point, you dont need trinity that money is better spent on higher Crit Chance/Attack Speed

150% is nothing because my build is designed to maximise crit %.

Trinity force is an item which is designed to make you a kind of 'jack of all trades' with a harder punch, sion's abilities do not refresh often enough to make that useful.

mOeeOm

02-07-2010

Ya you're right I have the buff on me all the time, my bad.

Ya there are more useful items, but let's not list any

Yawn

ShloobeR

02-07-2010

Look, the point is you are spending a lot of money on an item which revolves around the enemy not having any escape mechanisms, relies on luck for the slow and upgrades stats that you do not neccessarily NEED (but do HELP)
The red buff on the other hand is a free buff which you SHOULD get if available (there is competition for it, but your need for it is often greater then others), it is 100% and there is no reason NOT to get it, if it's available, it can be substituted for offensive items like Malady, Last whisper + Elixir
Or you can build a phantom dancer which is just all around more suited to what you want to do. you only need a single kill with an elixir to make it pay itself off so you just need to be aggressive with those.
If the situation merits then you'll need to consider, BV or even Ribbon just to allow you to get close enough

I don't want to go into a fight saying 'ok I only have 3 strong hits and I need to get lucky to slow him down' But whatever man, if you want to build with Trinity you go right ahead, I personally think Sion cannot make it proc enough but you go to town with it

Hurr durr obviously you dont have the buff all the time but if it's there you need to take it.

Even mallet is more attractive to me, just because it's a reliable slow and once you have them in that slow then the extra movement speed trinity brings becomes irrelevant. But I would never take it before Phant.

Zizzefex

02-07-2010

Trinity is terrible for Sion... much like lots of AP builds. OK Trin is better than the AP Sion garbage most people like but it's still not as good as crit Sion.

I did Starks first for a while... it was decent. But phantom dancer is much better.

iDeck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizzefex View Post
Trinity is terrible for Sion... much like lots of AP builds. OK Trin is better than the AP Sion garbage most people like but it's still not as good as crit Sion.

I did Starks first for a while... it was decent. But phantom dancer is much better.
Really? Critting for half of someones HP at L10 is what AD Sion is about....Movement speed (he's slow) attack speed, slow, and 500 dmg+ crits is bad? You make no sense.