AD Ryze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaunkaTruck

03-06-2011

Saw an AD Ryze today, and found it kind of disturbing. Is this even viable? He hit like a wet paper bag most of the match, but at level 18 had nearly 300 AD. He had a manamune, frozen heart, and trinity force. He finished 10-10-5. Apparently spoke no English (like most LoL players these days sadly), so I couldn't ask him about his build. No AP runes.

Mewtwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2011

judging from his score hell no

Eugenides

03-06-2011

I was reading something that sparked interest... Hybrid Ryze may be viable. Or not. I still think that tanky mana ryze is best option though.

KaXaSA

03-06-2011

if he's rushing manamune he's doing it wrong.

the new ryze is a lot better with mana. so you want tear asap and then build mana/tankish items mid late you can build manamune or archangel... imo it's not even necessary you can basically keep tear and buy everything else, but if I had to choose I would go with archangel, because mid-late game if you go 9/0/21 | Frozen heart | cdr flat glyophs = 40% cdr you don't really have time to auto-attack.

Rakaydos

03-06-2011

Manamune's advantage is in cracking base towers and inhibitors. If they're just going to hide behind their turret, smack the turret.

TaunkaTruck

03-06-2011

I get the whole stacking mana thing, but stacking mana shouldn't lead you to 300 ad. He use to be a ranged AP nuke, and his E still scales (though poorly) with AP. Mana plus AP should not = godly AD on a ranged squishy.

JunSupport

03-06-2011

It's might be a funny Manamune Monday idea, but otherwise, it's not any good.

You're deeply weakening your potential mana pools doing this, which affects your overall damage, and the extra AD isn't particularly enough to make up for it.
Although, the effects of Trinity Force would make some fights a little more interesting.

Shemsu Hor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2011

theres a very viable hybrid build, ryze isnt and hasnt been a pure AP champion sense his change in beta, he is a max mana reliant champion because it is what he scales best off of. so throwing in an item like manamune and trinity force will do wonders

Expert Bot

03-06-2011

cool. trying now!

MrCheaterPants

03-06-2011

Get Archangels staff it increases your mana like manamune but give another % of your mana as ability power and ability power with mp5 on that.

All in all its pretty op item for ryze.

NO, no tri-force on ryze. he is soooo easy to build

Archangel's staff
Your choice of boots(merc, Ionian, Sorcerer's)
Banshee's vail
Frozen heart
Rabadon's death-cap
Void staff or Abyssal scepter or rylai's crystal scepter