IF Riot added a system today- What system would you want added?

I wouldn't nothing is wrong, I always win (Lifeless A$$hole) 8 12.50%
MVP System, Winners votes on Loser's Best player 18 28.13%
Calculated System (Decides MVP automatically) 20 31.25%
Remove the Dodge Q Punishment 18 28.13%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Idea: Fix Elo Hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eppa

03-07-2011

The biggest problem heroes in this are: Sivir (extreme cs and damage) Sion (listed as tank can be dps or most preferably AP) Twisted fate(low damage, high utility(without heals))

The problem with the MVP system is that there are no fair rating systems. This system is very very easy to abuse. More so than many others.

Kitemare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thing42 View Post
I see a problem, even more people playing carries and not working as a team competing for the mvp and getting steam rolled by teams with support who work together.
People shouldn't enter a game to go for the Losing team MVP spot. If thats how you want to play then go ahead.

Like I said in my other posts to advoid the "carry outbreak" a small bonus awarded to the tank / support champions

Kitemare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppa View Post
The biggest problem heroes in this are: Sivir (extreme cs and damage) Sion (listed as tank can be dps or most preferably AP) Twisted fate(low damage, high utility(without heals))

The problem with the MVP system is that there are no fair rating systems. This system is very very easy to abuse. More so than many others.
This is awarding the mvp not the mvp system. Its the calculated system. Hard to abuse if the classes recieve a different calculating system. Tanks, Carries, Support etc

Internet Goblin

10-25-2011

This wouldn't work because a support could never be the mvp so no one would play support anymore.

I am from Space

10-25-2011

First off, you cannot automate MVP selection, it totally defeats the point. If you are going to automate MVP selection off of end game stats, you might as well base elo off of end game stats, and we've all been over and over why Riot isn't going to do that (and why any accurate matchmaking system doesn't).

The other problem with a player voting system is that you are rewarding behaviors that make people MVP--which are not identical to behaviors that make people win. Do we want to reward people who are skilled at being selected for MVP, or do we want people who are skilled at winning games?

Selcopa

10-25-2011

Basically what it comes down to is, players cant win, but humans dont like to blame themselves, so they blame the system.

Learn to win, take responsibility, increase your ELO

OG Naizer

10-25-2011

LOL's ELO system is broken. If there were incentives, I think people would be trying harder instead of trying to intentionally troll the other team. Maybe a "vote" for MVP isnt the best idea, because if people will troll your game, what stops the winning team from trolling the vote? No matter what it'll be abused. I do agree that Riot should split the servers up so that you don't get stuck with Brazilians or Asians that can't do anything for your team though.
Fix the ELO Riot. I've played many games where I've done incredible and have played out of my mind, but I'm still on the losing team. Offer a reward system so people will want to play better and actually want to win and actually try to learn how to play, instead of trying to do what they want. You'll see a lot more better summoners and less people trying to troll.
Ideas: Special skins for hitting a certain rank or ELO, new summoner icons, maybe even a champion? You know people would work hard for a champion... Who knows, I'm just a guy that's frustrated at the ranking system and tired of playing with people who I question their intelligence level.