Queuing Like WoW Dungeons

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magoula

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2011

It might be a nice idea to allow people to select what champion type they want to queue as. The options would be something like:

Tank
Support
DPS
Jungle

Then the system would attempt to put a 5-man together based on what someone queues for. Once in champion select the champions they can select are limited to the type they queued as. If you decide to do a pre-made, you and your friends will have to select what type of champion they want to play before the group can queue.

This would:

1) cause the wait time for people queuing as DPS to be much longer, facilitating more people playing as Support, Jungle, or Tank (which there is a *SEVERE* lack of in non-ranked play).

2) assemble a group of people who are much more likely to enjoy the team they play on since everyone is going to be happy with the role they have on the team.

3) put together team comps in a way that is conducive to learning how to play like those in higher ELO (thus allowing people to get better at the game in general).

4) make the games more competitive for both teams, which would make it a lot more fun than the crapshoot and constantly 20 minute surrendering that's going on now.

Not saying this should replace the current blind pick system, but supplement it.

Crashez

03-05-2011

I've been screwed over countless times going into a Normal or Ranked game and my team mates *****ing at me to pick a tank. I don't have any defensive rune pages at all.

I like the idea of queuing up as whatever class you'd like to play. Maybe pick 2 classes to queue up

1TBSSD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2011

This would be great, but the queue system is currently very complicated. This addition would likely add a significant wait time to the queue.

Magoula

03-05-2011

Yea. I know it would be a major overhaul to add in a feature like this, but it's the only solution I can come up with as an alternative to the horrible experience everyone is having with blind pick normal games.

I'd rather wait a few extra minutes to queue up for a game to be able to play the type of champion i want, and also know that the game is going to have a much better chance at being a quality game than a waste of time. Especially since queue dodging takes 6 minutes plus the time in champion select to find out no one cares about team comp, and the 20 minute minimum one has to wait to end the game without getting a LEAVE.

I'd gladly hang for a couple minutes compared to that.

Marck Hanna

11-07-2012

well I'm just getting the look of workshop shaco not not come in and where I can buy because conseguilo plz?

Virtual Logic

11-07-2012

omg i love ur idea MAGOULA

Oceanian

11-08-2012

The problem is, Riot wants the META to evolve, hence having a system like this would deprive there desire, there is no way they would add it.

However, that's not to say I don't like the idea. In fact it would be an awesome idea, however unpopular roles like support would mean that there is less that want to play that hence a longer queue would develop.

KevisyumPwns

11-08-2012

nice idea =D

Ferr3t

11-09-2012

The main issue I can see with this is that if they tried to specifically define Champions into certain roles, it would leave no room for experimentation or unorthodox choices. For instance, Blitz was never intended to be a support. He just happens to work well on 0 CS. I've played with someone doing Lulu Jungle, and surprisingly enough it worked... well, decently at least. Not the kind of thing I would want to try in competitive but it was an interesting experiment and the guy was clearly having fun. And even if you want to say that we would only apply this to ranked, what if I stumbled on something really fantastic like, I don't know, Janna top, and it worked perfectly. Now I can't use it in a ranked environment.

Point is, it would stifle creativity and force people to play Champions in the roles that Riot dictates.