Too high to win?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stillhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2011

Yeah also don't forget that the new meta has broken a lot of old strategies. I, too, was on a wicked bender of a losing streak all week. Although I finally won a couple games, I still don't feel like I have a handle on it and I think it was more my teammates carrying me than anything else.

Aeoneth

03-06-2011

Meta? as in like balance changes?

TriggerLily

03-06-2011

The Ryze overhaul, changes to turret and minion damage. It's throwing a lot of people off. My losing streak finally died yesterday after watching someone run into turrets in mid to try and kill me at level 1

Aeoneth

03-06-2011

Yeah the minion changes were totally messed. Like i said before a couple of times i was about to win (and we were in kills) but they'd destroy one turret and while we were trying to push mid the minions would swarm the side turrets and we got dominated by massive minion balls

Ikrit122

03-06-2011

From what I've heard, like in Ranked, there is a "Normal ELO." This means that you will be playing against players of similar summoner level (within about 3-4 levels) as well as those with a similar normal ELO, perhaps. The normal ELO is hidden, and I don't think there is a way to access it through legitimate means

At any rate, this could contribute to your losing streak. I've had similar streaks (usually not a week long though, maybe a few days) of wins and losses. Perhaps after a winning streak, you are grouped higher according to your ELO, and you will face tougher people. You will lose some (if not all) of these games, then you back down to a lower ELO, where you dominate the competition with your awesome skills!

It could also be attributed to patches that greatly change certain champs/elements of gameplay, and you must adapt to the changes. Also, the weekly champs change things around. I know that when certain champs like Katarina, Teemo, and Twitch are free, I will go crazy because I hate them or I will dominate, since many people don't know how to use these champs effectively.