Zilean tips? Anyone?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Degato

07-27-2011

So I bought Zilean last weekend (right before the free week, LOL) and I've played about 3-4 games with him. Wow, he is a lot different then other AP casters. I'm building him part support and AP damage (stole a lot of the build off solomid.net) and it seems to be working. It blows my mind the amount of options you have, how quick you need to be, how important it is to watch a team fight unfold and where to toss your spells. I think he is by far the toughest champion I have played. The decisions you have to make on the fly are many and challenging, he is a real hoot to play.

So, anyone got any advice on Zil? Just timing aspects of what you do in a team fight and when. My team was ticked in one game last night because I was using my ULT on myself. If I didn't I was insta-nuked or chased down and wasn't able to contribute to the TF at all. If I did ULT myself and stay alive I was able to drop bombs, snare with speed debuff and buff my team for chasing. There were plenty of fights when I was able to ULT the carry or our tank (Jarvan during this particular game) and heck yes it tipped the balance.

Anyway, I'm diggin Zil, by far the most challenging champ out of the 20 I own.

Thanks in advance for the tips, criticism or advice.

Destabilizator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2011

Fun on Zil is that if you go AP early-mid, your bombs rock, then you just switch to tanky/support (Frozen Heart is lovely) when your bombs start to weaken and you are getting beaten... By then your ult has ridiculously low CD due CDR and Rewind, making you royal pain in the ass... god forbid there's also Tryn on your team

HowDoIMacro

07-27-2011

I play zil quite often. and he is tons of fun to play, but very hard to play properly.

a few tips-
always bomb the carries/squishies first ( UNLESS THIS WILL BRING YOU IN RANGE OF DAMAGE) you need to stay back all the time. if the enemy team is smart, they will focus u first, even if u dont have any damage.

Speed up tanks

Put bombs on ur tanks when they are in the middle of all the other enemies.

Dont ult ur tank/carry too soon

imo, a pure ap build isnt very useful, but thats just my opinion

Degato

07-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDoIMacro View Post
I play zil quite often. and he is tons of fun to play, but very hard to play properly.

a few tips-
always bomb the carries/squishies first ( UNLESS THIS WILL BRING YOU IN RANGE OF DAMAGE) you need to stay back all the time. if the enemy team is smart, they will focus u first, even if u dont have any damage.

Speed up tanks

Put bombs on ur tanks when they are in the middle of all the other enemies.

Dont ult ur tank/carry too soon

imo, a pure ap build isnt very useful, but thats just my opinion
I totally agree and I am building for support first. Froze Heart is uber on him, still a ton of stuff to test. Mana is a HUGE issue for him early on, Phil Stone helped a bit, I might keep going that route.

Degato

07-27-2011

Only 4 replies? This dood is sick, I can't believe there isn't more discussion on him. I think he is too hard for some and not carry enough for others. He is for sure unique support.

Eckso

07-27-2011

He can be built as support or AP carry. His bombs do well late game with their high base damage and scaling.

I prefer Support though, as there are better AP carries.

Support, build gold per five, Philo and Pick, and even Heart of Gold for a third, it never hurts. Then get Rod Of Ages for more health, mana, and AP.

If the game lasts any longer, score Frozen Heart, Void Staff and Death Cap. to beef up your damage to kill squishies, and CDR for slow and ult.

Degato

07-27-2011

Pick? I know Philo, Avarice, and Heart of Gold but what's a Pick?

Obversity

07-27-2011

Kage's Pick, I think it is. 25 AP plus the gold per 10 effect. You use it to make Deathfire Grasp (again, I *think* that's what it's called).

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2011

Try this Zilean guide: http://www.squidoo.com/league-of-legends-zilean-guide

VanityFish

07-27-2011

putting bombs on your own minions messes with their farm and lets you harass from further away,

if your low health you can put bombs on allied melee champs to still deal damage while keeping distance