Leona as bot support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King0fDawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-27-2011

With leona free this week, I wanted to give her a try as a support as I still havent learnt any support champs yet. I've seen some solo top leonas, but i personally dont think id like that too much as her damage is quite mediocre.
I was wondering if she would work well as a bot support character, and if so which carries would make a good duo?

Epsilon2012

07-27-2011

Any Tanks with a Stun or Taunt can support Bot Lane....

-I play a mean Amumu Bot...and the Stun+Stun Combo is a level 6 kill...

iwannatwirrl

07-27-2011

she does work well in that role. bursty champs are great as they combo w/ your passive and w-e-q combo really well.

however, be somewhat careful as she doesn't have any heals as opposed to soraka/sona/taric.

go for a philo stone and a heart of gold, then build tanky. it works very well. i run her with either ghost or flash and CV and feed the last hits to the carry

King0fDawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-27-2011

thanks, is there a good time mark for when i should get philo and when i should get HoG?

Partsey

07-27-2011

usually your best bet is to build first a philo stone like iwannatwirrl said, then build tanky items. I don't usually buy a heart of gold at all and instead go for a glacial shroud second to increase cd reduction and grab some quick armor and mana. the best way to get kills and assists is to lure an enemy champ towards you then e-q combo while your partner dps hits them with damage. after you get the glacial shroud then you can sometimes even hit them twice with that combo depending on how far from their turret they are. also, it's usually your best bet to use your ult to stun/slow them instead of trying to last hit them or cause any serious damage. it's usually a good idea to grap one level in each skill asap, then focus on q and w until the laning phase stops. this allows you to get some good harassing in by hitting enemy champs by first pressing w then diving in with your e-q combo, getting them with the damage from w as they try to escape. a good ranged dps can usually finish them off while they are running if they are squishy.