Karma support or full ap?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArchusAngelus

03-03-2011

Heey guys!!

I found that many people don't like to have a karma in their team, because she doesn't have significant contribution to the team in sense of CC effects like stun, taunt or fear. However, I think she is quite fun to play and can be very useful in a team. I like to have an ally like Shen, Sion or Katrina for when they jump into the enemies I can use mantra and then shield on them and spam with Q ability.

I am building Karma just as the following item build :

http://leaguedb.com/builds/9-karma-apsupport

Do you guys also build her like that or totally different? Furthermore, do you think that full AP build would be better then support build????

Mitch Bade

03-03-2011

I build her different.

Rylai's is not good for her since most of her damage is AoE and will only apply the 15% slow, so it is not cost effective.

Will of the Ancients is a good item, but only after you have a core build, and more than 1 other AP champion on your team.

Archangel's Staff isn't bad with Frozen Heart for all the extra bonus AP, but it isn't the route I take.

This is my core build:
-Boots of Lucidity
-Morello's Evil Tome
-Rod of Ages

My core is so cheap and cost effective. Combined with masteries, it gives me 40% CDR with the first 2 very cheap items. That also gives RoA plenty of time to fully charge. This core lets you cast a shield every 6 seconds and get stacks of Mantra every 15 seconds very early in the game, and it gives you all the mana and mana regen she needs. Also, plenty of AP for early-mid game.

Then I get these 4 items, but the order I buy them depends on the situation of the game...
-Abyssal Scepter
-Zhonya's Hourglass
-Rabadon's Deathcap
-Banshee's Veil

I start with a Meki Pendant then build that into Morello's, and I've found that to be plenty of mana regen combined with mana regen seals and glyphs. Abyssal and Zhonya's provides all the resistances she needs while providing tons of AP. I go straight into a Rabadon's Deathcap if we are demolishing the enemy team or if I'm not dying.

This is a guide I wrote for Karma:
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-dummies-60415

Karma is a lot of fun to play, and I'd say you are on the right track. HP/AP/CDR is what she needs. Having high AP, while also having some survivability. Since she doesn't have a "real" ultimate, I find that maxing CDR early in the game makes her very useful.

OST

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2011

Umm... Imo I think that ap karma is better than support... like u said she doesn't have any cc's... But I think she can stay in lane very long from her mantra q...

Btw both yr build and Mitch looks ok... But if you are planning to go for support.
Get Shurelya's Reverie.. the health,mana regen and cooldown reduction is decent.. and the active is useful sometimes for ganks and running away... or getting to a tower more quickly..

I would probably play as support karma when there are no other supports...

ArchusAngelus

03-04-2011

thank you for your suggestions =)

I have never thought about shurelya's Reverie, but I will try to build Karma more AP =)

Cenerae

03-04-2011

I don't think that Karma contributes much without AP. Her spells aren't really that powerful by themselves, though their scaling isn't bad (and have pretty short cooldowns). Treat her more like a supportish nuker, like Morgana or Lux, with more emphasis on team support than blowing up the enemy team. Karma can do pretty good constant aoe damage if allowed to, and I think she does that much better than she does as an aura bot. Aura bot Karma doesn't really do much of significance. :/

ArchusAngelus

03-04-2011

I see that ''aegis of the legion'' is in the list of recommended items. What do you think of that item???

Cenerae

03-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchusAngelus View Post
I see that ''aegis of the legion'' is in the list of recommended items. What do you think of that item???
If nobody else on your team will buy it, then it's certainly worth consideration. It helps buffer Karma's frailty somewhat, while providing an excellent team aura.

But of course, building that delays tanky CDR or AP items you could otherwise be building.

I would say it depends very much on your playstyle. But as I said before, I don't feel Karma offers much as an aura carrier compared to other supports.