Turrets still worthless maybe worse now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrRex

03-03-2011

Turrets

* Turrets deal about 10% less base damage to champions
* Turrets now have 20% armor penetration

That is what they said they did... and from what I have seen anyone can now tank a turret just fine now and before. And with Rammus, it does not even tickle. I don't like games that end with a fast push up the middle. I can see 5 guys taking out 1 turret like nothing but when they push for the other 2 next to the nexus without any minions and get it before anyone comes back it ruins good games.

I might be the only 1 that likes a longer game but I don't think I am. What is the point in getting all your items if you never get to use them? For me I love killing and even getting killed trying to kill that carry that has been owning my team mates. The game gets to its fun point about 40 mins in... if both teams are balanced. I enjoy the early game lane wars but love the team fights.

I really think the Nexus turrets need a boost that could go down when all 3 lanes are taken. Better if not... I mean you would have all those minions and supers. None of the turrets can even kill minions in 1 hit, and that is weak and pointless. They should be able to clear the minion wave with out taking to much damage unless a champ shows up. When turrets attack champs that ganked at the turret, they should help their team better. Going for the first that does damage makes it to easy. Turrets should always attack the lowest life champ. Also feel that if 1 champion attacks another champion at their turret with friends, it should keep attacking the champions till they all back away.

Now, maybe I am alone here... but I enjoy longer harder games that allow me to do what I love doing. So maybe when you go to join... you pick if you want a shorter game or longer. Shorter games can have easy turrets that do nothing and longer games can do their job and hold some ground.

Vuliev

03-09-2011

From levels 1-20, I thought you had to take out every inhibitor to attack the Nexus/Nexus turrets. Then I played a game where we aced the other team quickly and blew through the mid base turret, the inhib, the Nexus Turrets, and then the Nexus before the other team respawned. Since then, I feel like every other game ends this way, and it feels really cheap. It's convenient for getting wins out of close games, but sometimes I feel like I've stolen a win that I didn't deserve.

tl;dr Your suggestion about a "shorter vs longer" game thing would be a nice option, shorter having no nexus protection, and longer forcing you to take all three inhibs before attacking the nexus.

2Annies1Chalice

03-10-2011

I feel the same about the current turrets. Although I am happy with the armor pen, the overall use of them when getting tower dived by 3-5 champions seems almost pointless when they can sit there and take you from 100% to 0% and not cost the other team a death or two. Although im not 100% sure if this could balance things out, I always thought a debuff that is only applied to opposing heroes could make the situation a little more balanced. I.E. say you have 3 champions tower diving you while your at approximatively 75% health and they know they can kill you and make it out without any allied hero deaths from the turret/hero damage. With the current system a tank hero (or any player that has the real upper hand in damage/health/escape) can take the tower hits and make it out if they are cautious. Maybe if the debuff would increase the damage (by a flat percentage) the hero that has been previously hit by the turret is applied, this could maybe help with the situation. This could discourage early game tower diving and tanks from rolling in to Backdoor towers without any minions around. As a suggestion for the debuff, maybe it could apply a 25% damage boost to tower damage to an opposing champion that has already taken 2-3 tower hits and maybe a 50% damage boost to a champion taken over 5 hits.

SanickK

03-12-2011

I think the damage should increase when hitting a hero consecutively. And increased armor pen per hit so a tank cant take more then 5-9 hits in a row.

Al Stump

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2011

Honestly with its attack speed, most champs can tower dive squishy champions by level 6 or so before the tower actually starts dealing damage. Honestly how long does it take a tower to actually kill someone at around 10 who is fairly tough like a bruiser? gotta be 20 seconds at least.

Draernor

03-15-2011

Turrets need to be buffed.

Its rediculous that just about any champ can dive early game, you get garen and poppy together, they can easily come in at level 3-4 and get kills on both squishies and get away before they're dead.

Nexus turrets should be able to do two targets each.

All turrets should scale like everything else, the longer the game goes on, the stronger they get. Doesnt need to be a huge up-curve, but some additional amount of damage would be nice - Instead of watching Ram with half health take out an entire lane (2-3 turrets) alone while the whole team is dead after a team fight (because he's the only one ever left alive)

(not sure why this is in the HUD section)

Archiplex

03-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrRex View Post
Turrets

* Turrets deal about 10% less base damage to champions
* Turrets now have 20% armor penetration

That is what they said they did... and from what I have seen anyone can now tank a turret just fine now and before. And with Rammus, it does not even tickle. I don't like games that end with a fast push up the middle. I can see 5 guys taking out 1 turret like nothing but when they push for the other 2 next to the nexus without any minions and get it before anyone comes back it ruins good games.

I might be the only 1 that likes a longer game but I don't think I am. What is the point in getting all your items if you never get to use them? For me I love killing and even getting killed trying to kill that carry that has been owning my team mates. The game gets to its fun point about 40 mins in... if both teams are balanced. I enjoy the early game lane wars but love the team fights.

I really think the Nexus turrets need a boost that could go down when all 3 lanes are taken. Better if not... I mean you would have all those minions and supers. None of the turrets can even kill minions in 1 hit, and that is weak and pointless. They should be able to clear the minion wave with out taking to much damage unless a champ shows up. When turrets attack champs that ganked at the turret, they should help their team better. Going for the first that does damage makes it to easy. Turrets should always attack the lowest life champ. Also feel that if 1 champion attacks another champion at their turret with friends, it should keep attacking the champions till they all back away.

Now, maybe I am alone here... but I enjoy longer harder games that allow me to do what I love doing. So maybe when you go to join... you pick if you want a shorter game or longer. Shorter games can have easy turrets that do nothing and longer games can do their job and hold some ground.
fyi this is HUD discussion.

Silvron Arcannas

03-16-2011

I think turrets should just do % based dmg. Say.. 20% of max health in damage (true damage) to champs and cannon minions. 40% to regular minions. If not % based, at least ramp up the damage as time goes on. (+40 dmg and +6% armor pen every 5 mins) Starting out with 100 dmg and 20% armor pen, after 40 mins you would have 420 dmg and 68% armor pen on the towers.

Right now turrets late game are a joke. With % hits or increased dmg over time, 5-10 hits and you're dead. (minus lifesteal and other heals/buffs/shields)

Late game you have more speed, and better skills (heals and such) to make it easier than early game to be under the towers.

Jeevees

03-16-2011

I just got raped by a bruiser/tank team. Their Swain could ulti 3-4 creeps defending our tower and this gave him enough lifesteal to tank it for a trist and a poppy.
RIDIC

doomsphree01

03-16-2011

..i disagree with u abt the kill nexus and win thing i mean wat happens if its a 4v5 and u just happened to win a team fight and thats ur only chance if u hav to drag it then wont u lose ur chance? but i do agree with the tower bit...like its so **** wen ppl bd....bd feels cheapm if u know wat i mean