Skins With Boosted Stats?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yvaitius

Member

1 Day Ago

So there is a rumor floating around that certain skins give certain boosted stats, for example; I heard that the Piltover Customs Blitzcrank increases his pull width by a little bit. Is this true? Or just rumor?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dankeykang36

Junior Member

1 Day Ago

its true, another cool skin that hass bonus stats is night hunter rengar, it increases his stealth duration by 11 seconds, an ode to the odyssey where a nighthunter names "rengaros" fought odysseus but was defeated when he hired 11 mercenaries to dispose of him


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AJStarhiker

Senior Member

1 Day Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvaitius View Post
So there is a rumor floating around that certain skins give certain boosted stats, for example; I heard that the Piltover Customs Blitzcrank increases his pull width by a little bit. Is this true? Or just rumor?
If there is a skin like that, it's a bug. Skins are essentially collectables and are not supposed to alter the character's play mechanics.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yvaitius

Member

1 Day Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJStarhiker View Post
If there is a skin like that, it's a bug. Skins are essentially collectables and are not supposed to alter the character's play mechanics.
You see, thats what I thought. But apparently some people believe that certain skins give off bonus stats.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cat Eyed Liar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

1 Day Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvaitius View Post
You see, thats what I thought. But apparently some people believe that certain skins give off bonus stats.
The Commando line (J4, Lux, Garen, Galio, and Xin Zhao) all take 1 less damage from Leona (anything from Leona or just her sunlight based attacks, I'm not sure). Other than funny stuff like that, there's definitely nothing game-breaking. I have heard that certain newer skins have more responsive autoattacks (ex. Aether Wing Kayle vs. normal Kayle), but some chalk that up to being able to hear a sharper autoattack sound helps with autoattack timing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

Senior Member

1 Day Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Eyed Liar View Post
The Commando line (J4, Lux, Garen, Galio, and Xin Zhao) all take 1 less damage from Leona (anything from Leona or just her sunlight based attacks, I'm not sure).
It's just Leona's Sunlight passive, and it's reduced by 1 for any skin with sunglasses.

Other than that, there should be no gameplay differences caused by skins. Some abilities look different and therefore might be a bit easier or harder to notice and dodge, but the hitbox is unchanged.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

koalaknight

Senior Member

1 Day Ago

There are actually quite a few hidden passives, but only from champion interactions, where you have things such as gaining 1 additional movement speed, or even losing 1 health for having more ninjas on the team.The stat boost / advantage is usually extremely small to not really make a difference in game play.

Full list of these interactions can be found here:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...Hidden_Passive