Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Would you want to be able to save multiple mastery builds?

Yes 471 96.12%
No 9 1.84%
Other (explain) 10 2.04%
Voters 490 .

Multiple Mastery pages please.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skryner

04-01-2011

To answer the Red's question, I think the easiest solution would be to buy a Mastery option for an individual champion, and then be given the option of using either the current mastery page or the masteries saved for that champion.

Diamondragan

04-02-2011

Quote:
boourns:
Take heart, there are many people here at all levels of the company that would like to see this happen. We all see how much sense it makes. Don't know when it will happen, but I know it is a regular annoyance for me.

Let me ask you folks, how do you decide what masteries you take for a champion?

Do you have a common set of masteries that you find yourself re-using between champions or do you tweak your masteries for each champion?

The issue here starts and ends with champion diversity. I'll just make a list...
  • Utility-oriented mastery choices for a non-mana champion
  • Utility-oriented masteries for a mana champion
  • Offensively-oriented masteries for a physical damage champion
  • Offensively-oriented masteries for a magical damage champion
  • Defensively-oriented masteries for a non-mana champion
  • Defensively-oriented masteries for a mana champion
  • Non-"X/X/21" mastery build styles

And then there is the case of the clutter of non-synergistic mastery options. Utility MP5 is just plain useless on Shen, but this kind of thing falls into the above list. What I'm trying to say is that the Offense tree offers more for physical champions, while both the Defense and Utility trees favor magician roles.
  • Defense: HP5 Based on mana? Mage or fail.
  • Defense: Bonus ability power? Mage or fail.
  • Offense: Armor penetration? Physical or fail.
  • Offense: Critical strike damage? Physical or fail.
  • Offense: Attack damage? Physical or fail.
  • Utility: Bonus mana based on max mana? Mage or fail.

Well, I have to admit that the Utility tree does a better job of maintaining use for both damage roles than do either of the others.

A few notes on existing mastery choices:
  • Utility: Perseverance? More like, "Nice waste of points!"
  • Utility: Greed? How long do you plan on playing? An hour long game will still not buy you Doran's Blade.
  • Defense: Evasion/Nimbleness...this was made for Jax and dodge rune spammers (which usually co-occur). Come on!
  • Utility: Meditation: Was the nerf truly necessary...mana is hard enough when you don't buy mana/MP5 items and the runes are useless now. Counter-harass? "oom"
  • Offense: Offensive Mastery needs a more appropriate name.
  • Defense: Reinforce needs an anti-minion buff. I understand you don't want a fortified turret to ace the enemy team, but when no one can reach a turret being attacked by 30 or more minions, even 50% splash damage is laughable. Alternative: FIX THE AWFUL DELAY BETWEEN TURRETS SHOOTING DIFFERENT TARGETS!!!
  • Utility: Spatial Accuracy? Teleport has a three hundred second cooldown, and all of the sudden 5 seconds is supposed to matter? Flash gets 15 seconds off, has a shorter base cooldown, and gets/prevents more kills/deaths. Teleport is truly a utility skill but the bonus for it is just terrible. "Well it's in the first row." So? Put it in the second-last row and give it a bonus that teleport users can actually appreciate!

+1 If you agree with anything I said, even if you might disagree with something else. I would like to gauge how well I did with representing a general opinion on things, and if every reader at least finds one thing they agree with, then it makes it that much easier to focus more about that one thing after reading responses quoting this and mentioning what in particular.

-1 If you do not agree with anything posted here. Please downvote this if that is the case.

Dr rAndOm

04-02-2011

I am the guy who almost played 2000 games with... the same masteries.. 9/0/21 :/

I am used to this masteries now. I may use other masteries but still this one will be my main.

0.5 sec cooldown really makes the difference and may change the result of a battle ^ ^

Voted yes... I dont know it the change of masteries page is necessary or not anyway

iCeCreamzl

04-05-2011

Much appreciated if it was implemented.

WhiteKalashnikov

04-05-2011

I can't believe anyone hasn't written this: "USE AUTO-LOL"

http://autolol.codeplex.com/releases/view/59481

shadowlegion

04-06-2011

Just remove masteries and runes from game.

jk2damax

04-07-2011

Perhaps three different mastery pages.

Tank
Melee
Range

Where you will be able to set it up in your summoner setting and in game, you are able to tweak it according to the champion you are playing without changing the summoner setting.

Mísanthropic

04-07-2011

@ boourns:

I say use the rune page as a template for the mastery pages. Just make the drop-down box to use pre-set mastery page values, and also continue to allow for in-the-moment tweaks by clicking the numbers/icons. It'd also be awesome if we could change runes on the go as well, but that'd probably be a lot to ask for. Just my 2 cents.

migty1joe

04-08-2011

Masteries setup for each champion would be great improvement.

boourns

UI Designer

04-09-2011

Editing of rune pages during champion select is unlikely to happen, it takes way too long and it is not as champion specific.

If masteries pages were to happen we would still allow the point addition/subtraction functionality that is in right now so you could edit what was loaded.