Stuck in Elo Hell? Try these things out

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nkhatri3

03-02-2011

Soo many ppl qq about elo hell but it's honestly not that hard to get out of (my main went from 980 to 1400+ and I got my smurf from 1000 to 1400+). Try these things out that you may or may have not heard of doing before.

1. Jungle - Easiest way to get out of ELO hell. Learn to be an amazing jungler. If you need tips, go to youtube and search stonewall008. He is an amazing jungler and you might learn a thing or too (whether you jungle or not)
2. Learn to last hit - Seriously, don't be an autoattacking ******.
3. Pick Strong Early Game Laning Champs - one of the most common things I here is "O, I'm in elo hell cuz of baddies". That simply means you suck, sorry to be so blunt but its true. But if you really want to test out that theory of yours, pick a champ that excels in lane and see if you can continually get fed in a 1v1 situation. My champ recommendations are kassadin, urgot, sion, leblanc, cho, corki, anivia, mf, nidalee, irelia, morde, akali and others. The way I look at it is that if your team has baddies, their team has baddies too and using these strong early game champs can propel you to late game. If they can't, then it's you that has the problem, not the "baddies".
4. Pick champs w/ a built in blink - Simply put, this allows for easier escape and movement. Notice, how some of the champs above have built in blinks (kass, leblanc, corki, nidalee, akali, maybe irelia). Being able to get to and away from your opponent is huge in an uncoordinated setting.

Try these things out. They aren't a guarantee since it ultimately depends on you (YES YOU NOT THE BADDIES) on whether or not you escape elo hell.

Krinja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2011

Morde doesn't have cc and can't not push a lane. (ie: an awful pick), akali can only poke untill level 6 (a strong character though), kass is useless pre 6 if he's laning against anyone with a brain(but snowballs extreemly well and also a strong character).

If someone's a stronger jungler than you then why not let them jungle.
If your team is missing a tank, and you play a mean amumu why disregard what the team needs and play ezreal simply because he has a flash, doesn't matter that your team already has a mf to carry.

Sorry, but all these points don't make much.

1. Buy Wards
2. Pick a champion with CC
3. Pick around what your team needs.
4. Ban Rammus -_-
5. Practice jungling in customs just so you know generic jungle routs and can counterjungle.
6. don't push a lane past half way if they have a jungler- ESPECIALLY IF YOU DIDN'T WARD
7. Counter pick if you're a strong player with the counter; if not ask any team mates if they're good with the counter.
8. Communicate.
9. Dragon is an amazing advantage, get him when possible; stop the enemy from getting him.
10. there's a difference to constructive critisism and blatent abuse; some summoners take critisism worse than others; and others deliver it alot more cold and blunt, learn the medium and talk to your team, learn from yours and their mistakes.
11.Buy more wards; don't forget pink wards and oracles.

Also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhatri3 View Post
"O, I'm in elo hell cuz of baddies". That simply means you suck

it ultimately depends on you (YES YOU NOT THE BADDIES) on whether or not you escape elo hell.
False, earlier today i had a GP call "mid or i feed" he then proceded to get 4 arvice blades and lose tower.
In that same game the enemy first picked a kat (very bad move as she is easly countered); as soon as i saw this i picked a sion just to negate her ulti (counterpicking)

Sorry but you really didn't give any solid advice to anyone looking to break from elo hell. To be honest you shoud just hope you have serious players and try to direct them, if you have intentional feeders and trolls, just ignore them and report on your way out.

Izzu

03-03-2011

Sorry nkhatri3 but you are wrong.

Entellex

03-03-2011

Honestly if you want some useful information check here
http://cameraleague.blogspot.com/201...-elo-hell.html
Although I completely agree with nkhatri3 first one, apart from that not so much.

Stormwake

03-03-2011

Your points would be better suited for: "How to play this game and not be bad"

As for moving up in elo hell you both have to be good at this game and be really lucky not to get leavers, afkers, feeders, trolls, or really bad players who happened to get carried somehow.

Also, 1400 is well within elo hell range, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. My only advice for moving up in elo hell is persistence and a great partner, and perhaps trying to frustrate the enemy team whenever possible. I'm done playing ranked after tonight, i'm waiting for next season, or maybe looking for another game.

I've made a post about this before and i see countless posts by people about the MM/elo system and it's problems but i've never seen a riot employee reply, do they even look at this section of the forums? That's what i want to know. Would be nice to atleast know that riot will fix this eventually, so i can know if i need to go ahead and find a new game to play competitively for my Action-RTS fix.

bizZmoff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2011

best way is to play DUO with someone good and arround your ELO.

This way u know at least 1 person besides you is decent in the game. Also you can communicate better with a program like teamspeak. (Specially good if your duo lane)

Also when duo you both can focus on a role. Like jungle, ranged carry, tank ect. Playing support and tank is not recommended unless your very good at it (because it depends to much on your team). Then again if you duo lane u can do this easily.

FrozenChinchilla

03-04-2011

They'll lose a lot of players to HoN because of this.

Jürgen IV

03-04-2011

I don't understand why people call ~1000-1200 rating elo hell. When I was a noob and had a poor free wifi connection I did only ranked matches because my friend wanted and got eventually to 600-700 rating where I'm to this day from the start of Season 1. I consider my skill level quite high already, but I simply stopped caring a long time already and now I am also just flaming everyone for entertainment and often do intentional feeding for the lols as well.

My life in elo hell. I had ~10 kda over 100 matches with anivia. Almost every game was 15-2 (very often scores like 10-0's). I didn't rise in elo at all because when I ganked lanes and controlled mid every time, we still lost most of our games because of leavers/intentional feeders and most often simply noobs who go 1-8-2 in 15 minutes. Even when almost my every game was perfect game, we lost because our team score was 20-40 and almost all the kills were mine and was highest on assists.

Then I decided to joke around about 50 games where I randomed everything and intentionally feeded for fun all the time. I actually rised about 100 ratings even when most of my games were 0-15's (well, most of the time I just ran to turrets and enemy laser from the start of the game to the end).

Then I figured vlad was an excellent carry who can even 4v1 when fed really well. My teams were still pretty much the same as with anivia, scored 20-5-10's average, but still pretty hard to kill enemies in 1v3 when the team score is still 25-50.

Then I stopped caring and eventually figured out that bd'ing hard brings the wins. I usually do 200-300 minion kills with every champ, even with tanks, have almost all the turret kills (4-6), but still lose half of the games because while I for example when I have 200 minion kills my teammates sit at 20 minion kills. Most of the time my barely english speaking teammates just go afk or start intentionally feeding, because they are telling me how noob I am, when I am trying to bd us the win. I get called a noob because I don't join their stupid teamfights against feeded enemies and choose to down enemy turrets quickly on 2 lanes instead (teleport).

I figured out that the best champ to carry yourself wins alone is Nasus, when Q damage upped big time I could simply take on big against the odds fights, especially when they have lots of squishies, but again the dumbass players stop me. I am telling my teams from the champion select that I am going to join their teamfights only when I have already ~200 minion kills (all done with Q), but the entire game they decide to lose their turrets and feed, blaming it all on me because I don't tank for them and surrender when I finally get my Q hit for ~1500's with sheen. Really, they surrender almost every game I do this. I even one time got a quadra kill when going in 1v5 after getting my ~200 minion kills done and at the same moment they just decided to surrender. It's ridiculous.

In elo hell it doesn't matter anyhow at all if you are a feeder or a great player, only thing that matters is if enemy team happens to have few non******ed players or your team. Almost every game played perfectly, I even lost elo, almost every game feeded and flamed for the lulz, I actually rose in elo. I have around 500 wins already, I afk a lot of games or just feed when someone in our team is a ****** and I've actually managed to finally get to ~950 rating from 700 without doing anything at all.

Only way to get out of this low elo is to simply hope for luck or roll a new account, because on ~700 rating half of the players are feeders, flamers and complete noobs who you often even see at level 1-10 games, then the 25% are medicore players and 25% are leavers and afkers.

My noob view of the elo hell.

Krinja

03-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jürgen IV View Post
now I am also just flaming everyone for entertainment and often do intentional feeding for the lols as well.
You're one of the reasons elo hell exists. Please stop playing ranked.

Jürgen IV

03-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurntableJunkie View Post
You're one of the reasons elo hell exists. Please stop playing ranked.
Stay at the same rating with ~100 rating overall difference for ~500 games with seeing 0-6 feeders at 5-10 minutes and people with 30 minion kills at 50 minutes and try to stay as positive as in your first games. Sorry I better choose to make the game entertaining for myself rather than nerdrage as the rest. At least then I am having fun in elo hell even when the games are miserable. In elo hell you can easily win 3v5 or with an intentional feeding as well, as long as the few people with a brain end up in your team not in the enemy team. Flame or intentionally feed or not, loss or win comes nevertheless in elo hell based on basically RNG.