What does OP REALLY mean...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyLilPwnies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

I'm really starting to get tired of all the QQ going on about how various heroes are overpowered... Most the time i see ppl cry OP when they set themselves up to be in said gankin situation.

There usually is a simple resolution to why someone just raped u in a game. If the ppl that complain the most would simply pay attention and logically think about the course of events and why what happened happened, then they will realize that the heroes arent really OP, its just one person took advantage of a situation...

Karrot

02-04-2010

Original Poster. i.e. for this thread, you're the OP.

MyLilPwnies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
Original Poster. i.e. for this thread, you're the OP.

No comment other than the fact that i am making a comment about not having a comment.

Beegly Boogs

02-04-2010

"Mylilpwnies", what are you, five?

King 0f Swords

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLilPwnies View Post
I'm really starting to get tired of all the QQ going on about how various heroes are overpowered... Most the time i see ppl cry OP when they set themselves up to be in said gankin situation.

There usually is a simple resolution to why someone just raped u in a game. If the ppl that complain the most would simply pay attention and logically think about the course of events and why what happened happened, then they will realize that the heroes arent really OP, its just one person took advantage of a situation...
I agree mostly, but what makes a hero OP in my mind is his ability to fill multiple roles in the team with one item build. It sounds dumb when I put it like that but it's pretty true. If one hero can carry, push, and tank with one set of items then he's probably OP.

It makes sense just think abuuute it. Thats why Udyr used to be OP, he could push, tank, and gank all with just a few simple items. Now he doesn't fill any roles very well so he's considered UP.

SKeeTerTheDog

02-04-2010

See "Twisted Fate"

MyLilPwnies

02-04-2010

@Bagga. Actually, im 5 1/4... get it right hommie.

Auroros Osprey

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersh1 View Post
I agree mostly, but what makes a hero OP in my mind is his ability to fill multiple roles in the team with one item build. It sounds dumb when I put it like that but it's pretty true. If one hero can carry, push, and tank with one set of items then he's probably OP.

It makes sense just think abuuute it. Thats why Udyr used to be OP, he could push, tank, and gank all with just a few simple items. Now he doesn't fill any roles very well so he's considered UP.
i agree with this as well as how some champs seemingly have the ability to insta-gib anyone with seemingly no effort. Off the top of my head i say teemo and twitch, but thats sorta like complaining about the stealth mechanics.

ninja

02-04-2010

I think OP is a term that is thrown around effortlessly by people who get roflstomped by twitch because they don't buy wards or oracles, and don't take him out as soon as he pops up.

Meta

02-04-2010

here's my equation for OP claims. Be easy on me, my C++ is a little rusty:

if (postlength < 1000chars || englishmistakes > 3 || op == railspider || op == solution nine || op == quicktim3)
then
{opclaim = false}
else
{opclaim = true}