Looking for some good Malphite Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bundarian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2010

I've been playing for only a week now and fell in love with Malphite last week when he was free. I've since bought him and I'm looking for some different builds that people have tried or some suggestions on the best way to build him and with an items list.

Worgenclaw

12-18-2010

Jungle is the way to go IMO
Armor Reds/Armor Yellows/MP regen blue Flat life quints

Asylumseeker

12-18-2010

Ive not tried him in the jungle but he is supposed to do okay in it.

I always start
dorans ring + health pot
Sunfire
Banshees Veil/Frozen Heart/Force of Nature/Thornmail
Then whichever you fancy next of the ones above

BV if they have lots of CC. Frozen heart is awesome as it increases your E damage, helps you tank turrets, slows down DPS and gives CDR for your ult. Force of Nature gives you some extra speed and MR while letting you heal more. Thornmail is really if you are against some heavy hitting DPS players.

Mao Dib

12-18-2010

IMO Malphite has such a strong lane presence that it wouldn't be beneficial to jungle with him. I take Mana Regen runes and grab a Saphire Crystal and 2 Health Pots. Try to take a solo lane if possible.

Saphire Crystal + 2 Health Pot
Builds Into Catalyst
Boots-> (Situational, Speed, Tabi, and Treads all work)
Finish Banshee's

Then it's situational from there, Catalyst helps you stay in lane longer for more farm and such.
R>Q>E>W, harass them to low hp, then ult, E, and Q, usually ends up in a kill, you can always pick up ignite for good measure.

Oh yeah I take ghost and ignite for summoner's spells.

Broda

12-18-2010

This is where i first learn about malphite:

http://www.colbycheeze.com/malphite-...gue-of-legends

May not be updated but its pretty solid!

Asylumseeker

12-18-2010

I know im chiming in again, but i have to agree and disagree with the post before this one.

He has a really good laning presence 2v1, 1v1 or 2v2.
Couple of examples
Me and panth laning vs urgot. We got to level 6 while he was still on level 4 due to denying.
went 1v1 against panth this morning and got to level 8 by the time he got to level 6. He also had barely any cash.

Basically aslong as you have a lane partner that will last hit only you can completely deny the enemy experience.

As for build i just dont beleive banshees is the best starter item.
I think dorans ring is better to start with as it gives you more health, also improving your passive, gives you mana regen which is all you will really need till later on and gives a bit of AP to add some extra punch early levels to Q.
After that i think it is far more important to get sunfire instead of BV unless its a real CC team. Reason being is it will only stop one spell and with Sunfire it gives a load of armour which gives more damage to E and also the passive. Therefore you can really farm waves quickly meaning you can get more equipment quicker.

Blistful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2010

I've been trying out items and so far I usually go,

Doran's Ring+pot
get shoe1 and RoA
then a FoN or a abyssal depending on how hard the mages are hitting
then a thornmail or a ronduins.

and then I go buy random stuff after that :<

Kroghar

12-18-2010

Pretty much the same as everyone else has said:

Doran's Ring + Health Pot
Merc Treads or NInja
Abyssal or Randuins
Sunfire (or Randuins if you didn't get it last time)
Guardian Angel

Bundarian

12-18-2010

Awesome...thanks for all the input. I've got some good things to start it out and to try. I haven't jungled much, but at least I know that he is capable of doing so.

BeyondGodlike

12-18-2010

Bveil + merc treads and stack armor. Grab a FoN if there's too many casters.