Is it possible to add LoL to Steam?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bionic0n3

03-01-2011

I want to add the game so that I have overlay while playing but I do not know which file I need to make Steam work with.

I look at the process manager and I notice League of Legends has at least 2 maybe even 3 processes running at any given time and It's all confusing.

Side note: WTF is up with all the processes?

Purutzil

03-01-2011

I would say don't bother, because steam is.... lets be frank... a 'steam'ing pile of ****.

Iceyou

03-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purutzil View Post
I would say don't bother, because steam is.... lets be frank... a 'steam'ing pile of ****.
1.8million people online right now beg to differ
But yea, I have 2processes going on, adobe air debug launcher some**** and then leauge of legends client.
Both running 150k

RedCarmine

03-01-2011

You can, but it bugs out and stops you from doing anything on occasion.

TetrzzzZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2011

you can simply go to steam then your library then add a game select league of legends now when the game starts and on the loading screen u can use the steam overlay

bionic0n3

03-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TetrzzzZ View Post
you can simply go to steam then your library then add a game select league of legends now when the game starts and on the loading screen u can use the steam overlay
Not very helpful. I do not know which file it is in the league of legends directory that I need to add. The ones that I add either do nothing or only work for when I have the first .exe open(IE shop/chat/start game option)

TetrzzzZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2011

you add the short cut and after you do that u can go throught steam every time or right click on it in steam to make a shortcut

huhwhat

03-01-2011

hmm...I honestly haven't tried it, but I assume you tried C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe and it didn't work?

Just rooting around, thinking maybe C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\air\LolClient.exe might work too...

Forum Poster

03-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceyou View Post
1.8million people online right now beg to differ

DO they, though?

DO they?

bionic0n3

03-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Poster View Post
DO they, though?

DO they?
Steam made close to a billion dollars last year.

On Topic: The thing is in order to get the overlay you have to open the game using the steam shortcut and I cannot open the .exe that is used for the game files. Which is just stupid way to engineer the game and was hoping someone has found a way to make it work.