twisted fate build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jorse cannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2011

hey guys. i just started playing twisted fait and i need a good dps build

JunSupport

03-01-2011

Twisted Fate is very VERY weak early game if you build DPS.

Try AP or Hybrid.
It's more fun.

FuriousLeftNut

03-01-2011

I say build him either AD/AS or AP.

AD/AS build: 2-3 doran's blades, SotD, zerker greeves, IE/BT/BC or whatever you want, then survivability

AP build: Sheen, Sorc boots, Deathcap, Sheen --> Lich Bane. Afterwards it's situational. Nashors, Void Staff, Hourglass, Banshees, Abyssal Scepter, Randuins, Rylai's are all not bad choices.

coc­

03-01-2011

Play AP

level wild cards - pick a card then your ult

start with a magic pendant and 2 health pots

then upgrade your magic pendant to a chailice of harmony and get some boots at lvl 6 then your ready to either go ganking with destiny of push your lane more.

remember to assult your enemies with wild cards as much as you can

i build lich bane to take out toweres like there nothing-into a arch angels for the mana to spam wild cards

then build death cap

right now you should be hitting alot and pretty unstoppable with the right team comp

Mer Young

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2011

I prefer to go AP over AD dps, but I'll play AD fate if i really really have to. lol.

Take Pick a Card at level 1, followed by Stacked Deck at 2, and Wild Cards at 3. Max Wild Cards by level 9. Don't waste mana throwing Wild Cards until you have a second point in the skill. I personally max Pick a Card second, but you can max stacked deck second if you want to. Last hit with blue card if it is off cooldown and you aren't at full mana. Throw wild cards to harass, but don't use more mana than you're regaining from your blue cards. Be careful not to push the lane with wild cards unless you want it pushed.

Take 9/21/0 masteries. 15% spell pen is great. CDR and mana regen in the utility tree would be wasted: you have innate 15% cdr, which with blue buff and 9 offensive masteries is 40%, and you have blue card for more mana regen than you ever need.

I personally start with Doran's ring since it gives a bit of HP, as well as mana regen and enough AP that blue card gives back more mana than it costs.

typical item build:

boots
Deathcap
finish boots (usually sorcs or mercs, as long as you don't get CDR boots on TF i won't complain... much)
Sheen
Zhonya's Hourglass
Lich Bane
Banshee's Veil (or archangel's staff if you want it that badly)

Don't forget, you can use the hourglass active ability while channeling Gate for a free teleport to safety.

while laning:
constantly throw blue card to last hit, and throw it at a champ if they let you. Use gold card to go in for a kill if you want to, and to save yourself if the enemy goes for a kill. Harass with wild cards while keeping mana up with blue card. If you're getting zoned, you can last hit with wild cards as a last resort. If the minions are on your tower, red card + wild cards to clear them.

later on: wild cards will kill caster minions in 1 hit; red card + wild cards will kill the whole wave except for the cannon. AP fate is a great pusher, especially considering once he gets to the tower Pick a Card hits it, so he deals decent tower damage even before sheen/lich bane. Learn to predict when you're about to be ganked, and use destiny to port to safety. Once you get your hourglass, this becomes easier. Learn to pick a card, throw it at the tower, wait 2 seconds, then wild cards to proc sheen/lich bane again as soon as it's ready, then wait 2 seconds before you pick another card so you proc lich bane on every cast while protecting the minion wave you brought to the tower from the enemy minions.

in team fights: throw wild cards every time they're up. throw gold card every chance you get. You should generally be pushing a side lane and making the enemy team pay for forcing a fight, and only be present in the team fight if your team badly needs you there.

jorse cannon

03-01-2011

what about a life steal twisted fate

FuriousLeftNut

03-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorse cannon View Post
what about a life steal twisted fate
For AD build, get either BT or Stark's (could help if you have other AD DPS).

jorse cannon

03-01-2011

thanks

Waul

Senior Recruiter

03-01-2011

5 Taimats and Boots of mobility seemed to work wonders for the TF in my ranked game last night.

Xemeron

03-02-2011

AP is the way to go, you use Wildcards as your main spell in teamfights, only go close range to throw a gold card, then back up again to wildcard range.
AP Fate is also great for pushing, cause minion waves will just melt like butter in the sun when you use AP powered Wildcards and Towers fall really fast to PaC Blue card and Lich Bane procs.
Theres nothing an AD Fate can do that you will miss while playing AP! Belive me.

You start with Boots and pots, mobility will help you alot in early to land as many stuns as possible.
After that its sheen, and your core build is done.

Some people like some survival now, Rylai's or RoA are common choises, others go glass cannon with high dmg output, they mostly choose Deathcap.

No matter what you buy, as soon as you finished one AP Item, you should upgrade Sheen to Lich Bane.

Now when you start with Survival, its time for Desthcap, otherwise go for Rylai's for some HP or hourglass, your choise. (Hourglass is nice since its active work with your Teleport)

Skill Order is R>Q>W>E

Dont waste money on Mana reg, your Blue card is enough to keep your Mana up.

Runes should be Magic pen, HP/Level, CDR/Lvl, CDR/lvl. (red,yellow,blue,quint)

With blue and Quint CDR/lvl, Masteries and stacked Deck you get 40% CDR without a single item.