Please Implement Colors

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oddiz

08-19-2009

I know that this is rudimentary and only was on DotA because it ran on WC3, but it helped SO much. I could look at the minimap and know exactly what heroes were where, enemy and ally. It also helped in chat, hero kills, and talking. Typing out each heroes names or player names is just more difficult than colors. This would also help solve the new health bar problem. Go back to the old health bars, but have a colored border.

Edit for clarity: I am talking about each player having an individual color assignation that is seen as a slight aura/border around the character, their health bar, minimap and pings, and their name always shows up as that color in chat, scoreboard, and death announcements.

Also for chat, you could really use the feature that has the champion name in parentheses. It just makes things easier.

Example would be "Oddiz(Teemo): Hey guys I've got a whole bunch of shrooms, you want some?"

Colors pl0x.

On a sidenote, I run 1440x990 resolution and after this patch, my scoreboard is TINY, like unreadably so. It takes up like 1/10 of the screen. How can I fix?

Oddiz

08-20-2009

Sorry for the bump, but does everyone feel satisfied with the current chat colors?

mermin

08-20-2009

no too hard to differentiate with the background... the general UI is kind of lacking, eg; you cant directly tell who left, or whos who on the minimap..