General team strategies?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zhiver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2010

Some friends and I have been queueing as a premade (3-5 people), we aren't high levels or anything but at least we know our characters and try to balance DPS/carries/tanks/disables/etc, the thing is due to us being a premade, we get matched against full lv25-30 teams, or other premades, and we know our "advantage" is being able to be a lot more coordinated than the other team, but we don't really know how to work as a team and we stick too much to the solo queuer mentality, while also trying too hard sometimes to help map control/teammates, and we end up all over the map, not accomplishing anything, and we get steamrolled every time.

Is there a guide, or general pointers,that anyone could provide us to improve our team game?

A Bad Idea

02-03-2010

In the early game phase, try to pair up your lane-runners with good combinations. Ideally you want 1 ranged and 1 melee in each sidelane, but other combinations work well as long as there's some synergy involved (i.e. If you pair up a champ with a stun with a carry, you can shoot for first blood. Sion + Shaco could pull it off). It really pays off when two lane partners can work SUPER well together; my brother and I queue together in a LAN, and the things we do with Blitzcrank and Heimerdinger provide an evening of endless lols (although anything regarding Blitzcrank always equals more lols).

donnyFYASKO

02-03-2010

I believe a great team strategy is for everyone to really know their hero inside and out. Know the drawbacks and strengths of your abilities (AP ratio, opportune uses, damage scaling, spammability) and the potential synergy of your abilities with other hero's abilities.

With that in mind, laning partners should start to reveal themselves. For example, rammus + any carry are excellent in their lane.

Feed your carries and not your tanks; carries win the late game.

CC abilities win games like the BIG S THREE (Stuns, slows, snares), and fears, taunts, etc.

Don't be afraid to lane switch, just not frequently, during early-mid game.

A good mixture of harassment of laning opponent and farming is key in early game.

Neutral buffs are amazing early game such as Lizard and Golem. Get it if you can.

Tell your feeders to hug towers and play defensively.

and etc etc

Just a rambling of pointers... hope that helps.

Sadness Assassin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2010

Something I suggest is using practice mode. Although it might be a little slow for people to join, seeing that wall of 5 players, you will generally find yourself against weaker opponents and will have more opportunity to streamline your tactics.

In my opinion, you shouldn't be scattered in the map. Don't devote more resources to a problem than you need to. If you see 3 rushing the top, send your middle man to go help while your other two continue to push. Usually 3 people can hold a turret, even if all 5 opponents go up there to try and break the defense. The 2 people left over can continue putting pressure and then retreat once the opponents break the offensive to defend the turret you just pushed to. On the other hand, if you get together, stay that way! Since you've gotten into your 5 man team, make a push! Generally you can steamroll the enemy if you can manage to gank a few players in the process of forming your team.

All that being said, you shouldn't really be moving around until level 6, short of a turret being attacked because the defenders retreated/were killed or if you happen to kill a turret early and thus have time to go help push another lane. Anyway, those are just my thoughts on the matter.

~Sadness Assassin

sainthero

02-03-2010

Get at least three good CC's. One good dps carry and make sure solomid has the best ult for ganking. Ergo, ashe, tf or twitch.