Client keeps crashing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leon27607

02-03-2010

Don't know what's been happening recently, but after the new patch, a lot of people(not just me, this includes ppl i'm on vent with) have gotten client crashes, either the game just auto terminates giving you an error message, or the game will stop responding and you have to exit it. Anyone got some details on this?

Ethernia

02-03-2010

No extra details, but i would just like to say that a group of say.. 15-20 people i play with are also having this problem.

It usually happens during the queue screen, the client will freeze and then say it needs to terminate, this has only been happening since the last patch.

Zekkin

02-03-2010

yup same problem with me and my friends

Giggelz

02-04-2010

Hello,

I'm having a similar problem. My game will load but once it gets past champion selection and the avatar loading screen, my game freezes/jitters for a while and the screen will go black. I can hear in game sounds and move around, but my screen is black and my monitor will lose video signal, too. Ah?!

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-04-2010

If you could post the following.

1. When exactly does the crash happen?
2. Does it happen at the same time, everytime?
3. What is the exact error message you get, if any?
4. Your DxDiag
5. Your Logs, Game logs if in game, Maestro/PvP logs if in the lobby.

Giggelz

02-04-2010

When the avatar loading screen is finished for everyone (0 seconds remaining, and starts spawning), my game freezes. The game does not crash, it jitters and stalls for a few seconds. Then, I can still hear in game sounds and move around, but the screen goes blank and my monitor loses video signal. This has happened each time for the last few games. I have to restart to get my monitor to show anything, so I've stopped joining games.

When I get home, I'll post my logs. But since the game doesn't actually crash, I don't get any error messages.

Leon27607

02-04-2010

giggelz, your problem is completely different from the one me and ethernia are experiencing, make a new thread, as to respond to Aregionius,

1. mostly happens when either starting a premade game, or just starting to be in queue
2. yes it happens at these specific times i mentioned above, no it does not happen everytime
3. I forgot the error message, but I do get one that says something like this (I don't know the exact words )"The game has terminated due to an unexplained error, please send your logs in to Riot"
4. Will post later when I get this error again(if i get it again)
5. Same as 4

I didn't have this crashing error before the v.1.0.0.72 release.

The gay thing is, a lot of times it'll still put me into a game so that when I relog it'll say that a game is in progress and I have to reconnect, ending up with a random character, default summoner spells, and default masteries.(in which case my masteries/summoner spells don't even match with the random character I got).

Ethernia

02-04-2010

1. It happens when starting a premade OR, after a premade game, we start another and it involves inviting a different person, everyone gets invited, you queue and as soon as you enter the queue, the client crashes, causing everyone's game to also crash.

2. It does not happen everytime, it appears to be random, but it can happen game after game after game.

3. I'll write the error msg down next time i see it, but after the initial crash, and relogging, most people then also get "Your session has closed, this application will now close" and will have to restart the application a second time.

4/5 - I'll get those for you when it happens next.

This never happened prior to the latest patch.

EvilTelly

02-05-2010

Idk if this is similar, but im trying to play a practice game and after champion select the box minimizes like its going to go to load screen but then says, "Game Crashed" "Your game has crashed. Please try to reconnect to the game."

1. Right after champion select but before loading screen.

2. Yes, happens at the same time every time.

3. Game has crashed. Please try to reconnect to game.

4. OS- Win. 7 Ult 32-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.60GHz
2048MB RAM
DirectX V. DirectX 11

5. I think the attached file is what your looking for, im not sure though.

The Conveyer

02-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Clarity View Post
Idk if this is similar, but im trying to play a practice game and after champion select the box minimizes like its going to go to load screen but then says, "Game Crashed" "Your game has crashed. Please try to reconnect to the game."

1. Right after champion select but before loading screen.

2. Yes, happens at the same time every time.

3. Game has crashed. Please try to reconnect to game.

4. OS- Win. 7 Ult 32-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.60GHz
2048MB RAM
DirectX V. DirectX 11

5. I think the attached file is what your looking for, im not sure though.
This is the exact same thing that's happening to my friend