Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can we get a real AI map...?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xenova

02-03-2010

Honestly if some random guy can make a full working AI map for a custom WC3 map (dota) with ai for 80~ heroes, items EVERYTHING.

Why does LoL's AI fail so god ****ed epicly? This is a real game is it not? Proper gaming company right?

So why can't you make proper AI.

We have like 5 ****py champs to pick from as allies/enemies on practice and they are the most stupid AI i have ever seen.

They will literally stand there and not even auto attack while you slowly attack them to death, they will walk up to a tower and start walking back and forwards next to it till they get gunned down, seriously what the hell is this half assed low budget ****?

Could we get commands added to practice/ai games? Such as -test for example, -lvlup, -gold. Also full AI scripting for all the champs, there isn't even many champs in this game theres no excuse guys. If BMP can do it with a map editor, Riot should be able to do it with their own game.

I'd like to actually be able to PRACTICE, because let's face it, walking up and 1v3ing the most badly programmed bots in history isn't good practice for anything..

I'm probably asking too much though, we can't even get a new game mode or new online map which is really.. really pitiful..

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

02-03-2010

Believe it or not, AI is not a priority in a game where they want you to face other people. They are busy working on the modes and maps that you and many other people want. They don't have a pre-existing engine to work with. And the DOTA AI certainly didn't pass the turing test.

Xenova

02-03-2010

There's no excuse for a fully fledged game company with a full released game not to be able to do things like this.

Stop being a fanboy. DotA's BMP AI is fine, the heroes all work, they gank, they push, they do most things quite well and most importantly you have -test and you can actually practice things.

Riot COULD do this quite easily but Riot WONT.

IF they didn't want us fighting AI they wouldnt have put any in at all and just say "HARDEN UP GO PRACTICE FRESHLY ONLINE VS PLAYERS NOOB".

Think before you post please.

Avloren

02-03-2010

Quote:
EncasedShadow:
Believe it or not, AI is not a priority in a game where they want you to face other people. They are busy working on the modes and maps that you and many other people want. They don't have a pre-existing engine to work with. And the DOTA AI certainly didn't pass the turing test.

Few thoughts:
1.) You do realize that the Turing test has to do with communication, nothing to do with game playing ability. If you mean it in a much broader sense, if you're trying to say that the DotA AI could not be mistaken for a human, then I have to disagree - have you played the latest AI? It plays better than many humans I've seen in DotA, it even coordinates with a team pretty well, joining in for the team fights and such, something a lot of humans fail at. I'm not saying it's amazing but it plays at the level of a semi-competent human, and could certainly be mistaken for a human, communication ability aside.
2.) However good or bad the DotA AI currently is, you gotta admit it's far better than the **** we have in LoL. I for one would really appreciate a half-decent LoL AI, at least to give new players something to practice against, or a way to test a different champion or item build against consistent (not terrible but not awesome) enemies.
2.) That being said, LoL is still early in development - not fair to compare it to DotA, which has been out what, 6 or 7 years? - and there are more important things for them to work on than AI.

Xenova

02-03-2010

Oh look downranked for trying to get depth added to an extremely shallow game, silly me.

I hope they never implement a new game mode/map just so these fanboys can cry themselves to sleep and i can say i told ya so.

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

02-03-2010

Quote:
Xenova:
There's no excuse for a fully fledged game company with a full released game not to be able to do things like this.

Riot is fledgling. They have 1 game that many feel is incomplete. I am a fan of Riot, sure, but I don't blindly accept what I'm given. I think about it, and what it takes to implement what I want. When they have 60 people working for them and not all of them work with things like AI, it means very few have the capacity to work on the AI, and I doubt those that do have much free time. The DOTA AI didn't always exist, it took a while to develop.

Riot made a rudimentary AI for people to work with, but you and I both have no idea what it would take to make it better using their tools or how difficult it might be.

Xenova

02-03-2010

Quote:
Avloren:
Few thoughts:
1.) You do realize that the Turing test has to do with communication, nothing to do with game playing ability. If you mean it in a much broader sense, if you're trying to say that the DotA AI could not be mistaken for a human, then I have to disagree - have you played the latest AI? It plays better than many humans I've seen in DotA, it even coordinates with a team pretty well, joining in for the team fights and such, something a lot of humans fail at. I'm not saying it's amazing but it plays at the level of a semi-competent human, and could certainly be mistaken for a human, communication ability aside.
2.) However good or bad the DotA AI currently is, you gotta admit it's far better than the **** we have in LoL. I for one would really appreciate a half-decent LoL AI, at least to give new players something to practice against, or a way to test a different champion or item build against consistent (not terrible but not awesome) enemies.
2.) That being said, LoL is still early in development - not fair to compare it to DotA, which has been out what, 6 or 7 years? - and there are more important things for them to work on than AI.

Thank you something productive.

Everytime i see a post from someone complaining about noobs and new players i'm going to quote this thread.

@ point 3, i dont think that has much to do with it considering its a seperate person who came along and made the AI for the dota maps. Riot is a full company =/.

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

02-03-2010

Quote:
Avloren:
Few thoughts:
1.) You do realize that the Turing test has to do with communication, nothing to do with game playing ability.

1. The Turing test is about determining intelligence, it just uses language as that measuring stick.
2-3 I agree with. I too would like tougher AI, but I disagree that Xenova's stance that somehow Riot is leaving the AI where it is out of ill will and not other priorities.

잘 못

02-03-2010

Would you rather have new heroes, new skins, or balanced heroes
or a bot that plays about as good as any other player wanting to practice

Beegly Boogs

02-03-2010

Blizzard had the majority of it done for them.