"Olaf"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deusmorte

03-01-2011

So, this Olaf guy. What is he like? What is his role? Is he super amounts of fun? Is he hard to play with? IS HE WORTH THE BUY?

He looks kinda cool but I don't know if I should get him.I have like 5k IP and i'm lvl 12, dunno if I should drop the IP on him. Or is there a more rewarding buy that is fun?

Thanks

Joekz

03-01-2011

I like jungle olaf personally. He is a great ganker and as long as your teammates know how to not push a lane in the laning phase, you will likely have 1 or 2 kills before level 6. I picked him up just recently and I have a lot of fun playing him (granted I am not by any means great with him yet).

Deusmorte

03-01-2011

So I also saw Udyr, they seem sorta similar in they are both phys DPS, which should i get??

EPIC Baws

03-01-2011

Olaf is insanely fun to play. tons of dmg, really good health, good ganker and jungler, and a ult that screw the other team CC like hell. If pure dmg isnt ur style then maybe ur mom dropped ya a few times when u where a baby.

StardustxDragon

03-01-2011

olaf is a tanky dps jungler

he is best jungler so you shuold def buy

Unparallelogram

03-01-2011

Olaf

Early game: jungle ganker
Late game: anti-carry melee-tanky-dps

He's very fun when he does well, but he's hard to do well with consistently. Your main role is to run to and destroy the enemy carry within the frame of your ultimate, without being first destroyed yourself. This takes some degree of timing, positioning, and other knowledge that I don't know how to describe.

Lots of people play him wrong and take dumb risks. They view him as a right click to win champ because of his passive. Sometimes they get lucky and get fed, sometimes they don't and they become feeders. It's true Olaf can 1v1 most situations and win, but LoL isn't a 1v1 game, and that mentality has brought caused a lot of ragequits in games I've seen.

Olaf needs runes.

Udyr

Early game: jungle ganker
Late game: secondary tank and disruptor

Udyr is fun. He also has a certain degree of running headfirst into fights and messing with the enemy carry. He doesn't have innate anti-CC, but he has a lot of CC with bear stance. One way to play him is to just keep stunning the enemies round-robin, one second each adds up pretty quickly. His damage output is pretty nice, just base without damage items.

Udyr needs runes more than Olaf. He also has insane mana issues when he doesn't have blue buff.

If you have to choose, get Udyr. He's a lot easier to learn, and not nearly as suicidal as Olaf when not played correctly.

Shavebeard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2011

in my opinion, olaf is one of the real anti-tanks, because: truedamage spam, what was the cooldown? 3 seconds on lvl 5? usually build him tanky himself, he gets free attack speed and has build in lifesteal? clearly anti-tank !

Redenbacher

03-02-2011

You should never be focusing the tank. That same true damage will hurt a squishy a hell of a lot more than wasting it on a tank (who should have a healthy supply of HP, a hard counter to True Damage).