(guide) Twisted Fate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mrdudefool

02-03-2010

Twisted fate is considered top-tier by many people, and with reason. A good twisted fate player can destroy the enemy easily, with his map control, insane damage, and his stun. This guide will tell you how to build a AP Twisted, which, in my opinion, is the best way to build him.

Summoner skills:

Ignite
Heal

Ignite: is great for getting first blood and to snare a kill when he enemy is running away with low health. All in all its a great spell.

Heal: Under rated spell. May be less viable late game, but during early game fights, this is a valuable spell.

Masteries
http://www.leaguecraft.com/masteries...33044030030301

go to this site for the masteries.

Item Build

Dorans Ring + 1 health potion
catalyst
sorceress boots (once you get this wildcards will do insane dmg to your enemies)
Sheen (very good proc)
Zhonya
Lichbane -should be over by the time you get here but if game drags on you have a few choices:

Rod of ages: now some may say it would be too late in the game to get this, but i disagree. Always nice to get some hp and ap.

Nashors: Good allround, attack speed and 55 ap.

Rylai: Slow is cool and the health is also good.

Note: Notice that i did not include mejais. Really, the reason why I did not include it is because most twisted are not going to get that much kills, mostly assists, therefore making it a pretty bad investment. However, feel free to add it somewhere in the build (i always do) if you are a killing machine.

Skilling:

Take pick a card first, then wildcards at lvl 2, gate at lvl 3. Then focus on maxing out wild cards, when maxed focus on pick a card, then gate. Skill destiny whenever possible.

Start game:
Pick a lane. I would not suggest mid because it is hard to get first blood in mid and that twisted is not very good at farming. In the lane, one hit creeps, and harass the enemy with wildcards. When the opportunity arises, stun the enemy with your gold card. (explanation on how to get gold card below) You and your teammate should proceed to hacking the enemy who is stunned in the face, which may result in a kill.

Mid game:

When you should start ganking. Twisted fate has two ways of ganking. The conventional Hide in the Brush and then come out and kill and Goldcard-Destiny-gate-stun-kill. I will be explaining the latter. When you see an enemy away from their tower with under half there health or you are quite confident that you will kill him, pop on pick a card, get gold, destiny, then gate behind the enemy. The whole process will take about 7 seconds. When you come out of the gate, stun him, wildcard, then ignite. That will either make him die or almost dead. If he is almost dead, proceed on auto attacking him and spamming wildcards. Stun him if you can.

Late game:

Just gank, push, get better items. Thats all i have to say about late game.

Tips:

To get gold card, count 1,2 quickly in your head when you see red card. When you reach 2, press pick a card again, you will get gold.

How to run away from the enemy:

Lets say 5 enemies are chasing after you to kill you. If you have destiny and gate refreshed, hit destiny, then gate to any place as long as its safe. The gate will take about a second, more then enough time before your destiny runs out.

I hope you enjoy my guide, have fun with Twisted.

TastySeoul

02-03-2010

If you are not getting sheen first as Twisted Fate, you are playing him wrong.

mrdudefool

02-03-2010

All ym games ahve been atleast 18-4 with twisted fate using my build. Just because cfangnasty gets sheen first doesn't mean everyone should. tell me a good reason why u should get sheen first.

sainthero

02-03-2010

Going sheen first gets you alot of mana in the beginning and with CDR you can gate back when you need to. Early mejais however is really scary when enemy TF is good.

Benoit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

Going Catalyst first is useless, as TF you can blue pill and gate in anytime to regen mana/health. The only reason you don't get a catalyst late game is to make it into a RoA. Sheen should be your first item to ensure a gank, then boots/catalyst.

Also, saying you have a good KDA ratio so your build is good is not relevant. I have a 2:1 Win/Lose ratio with over 100 games played as Twisted Fate, and my KDA ratio is not sooo good.

Lunatique

02-04-2010

I think both claims, one that TF is not good at scoring FB solo mid, and two that TF is not good at farming, are laughable.

Early game, being good at lasthitting is key- it shouldn't be too hard to pick off every creep in the first 2 or 3 waves, until you hit level 3 and things get interesting. With a sapphire crystal first (early Sheen, like everyone says, is absolutely amazing). At this stage, Wild card can be used to both harass and farm: try lining it up so that a minion which is low on hp is in the same line as the enemy hero. At very least, you pick up a minion kill, at best you knock a chunk off their HP too.

Wild cards are great for chewing at the hp of enemy heroes if they're bad at dodging. Lock a gold and goldcard+wildcard them if they get within range, plus you can lock a gold and run up to the minion wave to force them back, as long as you're careful not to take enough minion aggro doing it that you wind up losing a huge chunk of your life. If they get low, then lock a gold, flash forward, stun, attack, wildcard, attack and that should firstblood them.

If they dodge wild cards like a mofo and won't let you gold them, then hang back and keep on lasthitting and farming with wild card. If you miss more than 4 or 5 creep kills playing defensive and picking up minions while solo against ANYONE, especially if you aren't even pushed back into your tower, consider suicide.

Protip: To avoid losing gold by minions eating at your tower, keep track of how much damage the enemy solo is doing to your minions, and deal a similar amount back so that the minion wave stays near but not at your tower. i.e. if you have 3 caster minions and 1 low health minion, your opponent has 3 caster minions and 2 high health minions, go ahead and start autoattacking for a while so you don't lose the 3 casters to your tower.

At level 6, you should have farmed up 860 (if you haven't, you did something wrong). Bluepill back, buy Sheen, find a lane where the enemy champs are pushing forward, far from tower, announce to your team that you're gating there to gank. Lock a gold, do so, win.

I play a DPS build TF, myself: Sheen, zerkers, Phage, Triforce, Nashor's Tooth, Inf edge, but an AP build with lichbane would work too. Bit more burst, bit less sustained damage, and no on-hit slow.

TF's biggest strengths are his insane gank ability, 800 damage gold cards every 5-6 seconds, and his ability to participate in teamfights while simultaneously farming another lane or farming neuts. If that fails, you can't get a few kills early on and snowball it into an early triforce for ggwin, THEN you can switch to the role which you're advocating in your guide: a support, stun-from-the-back kind of gameplay.

I'm 86-43 with TF, 1400 kills, 800 deaths, 1900 assists, so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.

SaiBot

02-04-2010

Sheen first and flash is the right way to go

mrdudefool

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCelestial View Post
I think both claims, one that TF is not good at scoring FB solo mid, and two that TF is not good at farming, are laughable.

Early game, being good at lasthitting is key- it shouldn't be too hard to pick off every creep in the first 2 or 3 waves, until you hit level 3 and things get interesting. With a sapphire crystal first (early Sheen, like everyone says, is absolutely amazing). At this stage, Wild card can be used to both harass and farm: try lining it up so that a minion which is low on hp is in the same line as the enemy hero. At very least, you pick up a minion kill, at best you knock a chunk off their HP too.

Wild cards are great for chewing at the hp of enemy heroes if they're bad at dodging. Lock a gold and goldcard+wildcard them if they get within range, plus you can lock a gold and run up to the minion wave to force them back, as long as you're careful not to take enough minion aggro doing it that you wind up losing a huge chunk of your life. If they get low, then lock a gold, flash forward, stun, attack, wildcard, attack and that should firstblood them.

If they dodge wild cards like a mofo and won't let you gold them, then hang back and keep on lasthitting and farming with wild card. If you miss more than 4 or 5 creep kills playing defensive and picking up minions while solo against ANYONE, especially if you aren't even pushed back into your tower, consider suicide.

Protip: To avoid losing gold by minions eating at your tower, keep track of how much damage the enemy solo is doing to your minions, and deal a similar amount back so that the minion wave stays near but not at your tower. i.e. if you have 3 caster minions and 1 low health minion, your opponent has 3 caster minions and 2 high health minions, go ahead and start autoattacking for a while so you don't lose the 3 casters to your tower.

At level 6, you should have farmed up 860 (if you haven't, you did something wrong). Bluepill back, buy Sheen, find a lane where the enemy champs are pushing forward, far from tower, announce to your team that you're gating there to gank. Lock a gold, do so, win.

I play a DPS build TF, myself: Sheen, zerkers, Phage, Triforce, Nashor's Tooth, Inf edge, but an AP build with lichbane would work too. Bit more burst, bit less sustained damage, and no on-hit slow.

TF's biggest strengths are his insane gank ability, 800 damage gold cards every 5-6 seconds, and his ability to participate in teamfights while simultaneously farming another lane or farming neuts. If that fails, you can't get a few kills early on and snowball it into an early triforce for ggwin, THEN you can switch to the role which you're advocating in your guide: a support, stun-from-the-back kind of gameplay.

I'm 86-43 with TF, 1400 kills, 800 deaths, 1900 assists, so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.
I am 103-56 with TF, i think I KNOW what im talking about. I am not saying that tf SUCKS at farming, just proper farming requires the use of PaC, which takes a significant amount of mana early game which is where farming is most important anyways.

In terms of wild card, it can be used as a great farming technique. When a minion line is coming single file, you can be able to dish out great dmg with wildcards on all minions, but it will NOT kill them, thus making it a waste of mana. Farming greatest importance lies in the early game, and that is when wild card is the weakest.

Lunatique

02-04-2010

I was just referring to farming via lasthitting minions, and using Wild cards to get lasthit on minions out of range while also harassing heroes. It works for me.

I posted my own guide to TF a few mins ago, mind giving it some comments?

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=55658