Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Suggestion] How to fix/solve KS'ing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

djnr8

03-24-2011

Quote:
The Dodecahedron:
A ks only occurs when the champ being stole from has everything under control. If there is a chase, it is not a ks; it is teamwork. If the ally is low on health, it is not a ks; it is teamwork. If something were to be implemented it would have to take into account the whether the the percentage of the damage the stealee did to the victim the percentage of health the stealee had remaining, whether the stealee was still in range of the victim and the time since the steelee's last attack. (to account for stuns, blinds, silences and such)

Such a complex system would inevitably misappropriate kills and just piss people off more than the last hit system.

It would be better just to reward assists more, perhaps based on how much damage was dealt. The last hitter gets the full cash reward and the champ that did the other 90% of the damage could get 90% of the reward. But then one must consider the the stunners, the slowers, the knock-backers and who, if anyone, gets turret damage.

A couple kill steals are to be expected in every game, intentional or not. Quit your whining and get over it. If Yi is running around stealing everybody's kills, use the capslock in game and report him afterwords IF YOU LOSE BECAUSE OF HIM.

This is a team game. Act like a team.

Moreover, if your Yi is running around stealing everybody's kills, he should be pretty fed and wrecking their base.

Arrataz

03-25-2011

Quote:

This is a team game. Act like a team.

Quoted for truth.

The real solution to this is to have the gold awarded from minons and players dying to work like the experience: Spread among those in range. (Or if you're really picky, those who helped.) Snowball items should give the same amount for KB or Assist (and put it somewhere around the average of the two now for the items).

This would solve all of the KS problems.

It would also fix one of the issues for people with latency: Have you ever tried to "last hit" minions with a 300+ ping with a champ that doesn't do much damage? You have to time it precisely and even then, luck matters a lot.

(I didn't post this suggestion in my design manifesto, because it would be a game balance suggestion, which I avoided.)

JKPolk

03-25-2011

Regarding the damage meters: they are already in place in the postgame screen. What would it change to have one updating live besides taking away valuable screen real estate?

magik8ball

03-26-2011

Hold on, doesn't gold earned from a kill already scale with damage done? I know for a fact I've gotten less gold for killing people where all I do is a last hit than when I do a large amount of damage but don't get the kill. I know gold also scales from killstreaks too, but I'm fairly certain that's not the difference I've been seeing.

ChrIsAStud

03-27-2011

KS really shouldnt matter unless you get have a stacking item. I dont care if someone ks unless i have a stacking item or they are calling me a noob for low kill amounts. The point is if someone holds back so they dont ks and the champ gets away im gonna be a whole lot more pissed than if the guy ksed me even if i have a stacking item.

Best Sam NA

Recruiter

03-27-2011

I give most of my kills to carries.

oh ****, I'm playing correctly!

ChexGuy331

03-28-2011

If you care about killsteals you're not playing the game right.

Bloofyre

03-28-2011

posting in an epic thread. most of these people speak the truth.

- KSing should only matter if you have snowballs
- KSing isnt KSing if the champion is wrecking your teammate, or running away.

m00tley

04-25-2011

Late post (Necro mode on?)
Man, its pretty simple, make that "who deals more damage gets the kill". It may have issues? Yeah, probably, but it can be fixed easily

Example:
Champ 1 VS Champ 2
Champ 1 takes Champ 2 health down from 100% to 10%
Champ 3 appears and get finish Champion 2
Champion 1 gets the kill, and because he did 90% of the damage, he gets 90% of the gold
Champ 2 gets 10% of gold

Oh, but than u say: "If the champion 2 run away, champ 1 can't reach him, and champ 3 get champ 2 a little foward, champ 1 gets the kill? This is not fair". Okay, than do a system that after 5 seconds without doin damage, the damage meter to champ 2 resets, and now what counts as kill is his current health bar, in this situation, share the money equally, this way both get rewarded for doin their JOBS.

Example:
Champ 1 VS Champ 2
Champ 1 takes Champ 2 health down from 100% to 10%
Champ 2 stuns Champ 1, uses ghost and run away
Champ 1 can't catch up to champ 2 in 5 seconds (make a limit of another 5 seconds here, so, if nobody kills the champ 2 after the first 5 seconds, than champs 3 automatically gets the kill.)
Champ 3 jumps from a bush a little further and kill champ 2
Champ 1 and 2 get 50% of the money, because the cooperate.
Champ 2 get the killing blow.

This way u may let your AP carry get the kill and get his 2 stacks, but u r gonna need to play smarter, and set up something for him to get it.

not that hard.

Shiromaki

04-25-2011

THEEEEN, champions like alistar, soraka, malphite, Sona... Will just suck? If you have a Xin zhaon or a nuking master yi, The whole team is just screwed. All the party will have 20 assist , when master yi will have 50 kills and 0 assist. TOtally not fair. Anyway i never saw ksing as something bad, The goal of the game is help the team, and that means everybody must survive and build themselves. Ksing for alistar is just the best way to rapidly build a tank. yeah, there are some ***holes, but these people ARE THE CHAMPIONS WHO SINCE THE BEGINNING CAN KILL ALONE THE TARGET (Example, a Gangplank, a master yi, Urgot) They are master Killers and so master KS.

If the problem is the fact TANKS k's the team... BETTER!!! is better to have an early tank than an squishy early assasin.

Your strategy is good against dps ks'ers, but tanks and support are screwed. And they really need some kills.