[Suggestion] How to fix/solve KS'ing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RogueRouge

03-08-2011

just make that if someone make just one last hit count as ks..

itxmyscript

03-09-2011

Say you have a fed carry dishing out damage to an enemy champ, but the enemy is able to excape the range of the carry. Just then a Kog' maw/ Maokai gets the kill with their long range abilities. The carry did the most damage but do they deserve the kill since there is no way they could have gotten it themselves. This is, I think, the reason Riot puts most of the weight on the last hit, but if you turn the situation around and have the tank, some one like Maokai, initiate but have their carry catch up and get the kill is that a KS? I dont really think so since the tank's job is to feed the carries (who has ever herd of an effective fed tank?) as already said.

Psyt

03-09-2011

Then no one would want to play support or CC characters. We would all run around as Tryndemere and Yi only.

L Flare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2011

I think it should be to whoever gets the highest percentage damage done to that enemy champion

KING GOOGLEY

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastMagician View Post
I was always thinking of this. Brilliant! And I think those who did more damage gets more IP
making supports/tanks being gimped on ip

KING GOOGLEY

03-10-2011

Wow a lot of you guys play the "I get kills so I can get op"

Instead of, "Let one person get kills, so they get stacked the fastest."

This is why a lot of you probably die, you are too focused on killing that you get greedy and not let your carries get the kills.

inbredpsychosis

03-22-2011

This seems like just a way to make yourself seem important. Kill stealing doesn't exist. A kill is a kill. If your team wins, your team wins. Assists are nothing to be ashamed of, regardless of how much damage you did. I don't cry and whine if someone last hits the champion I destroyed. I just move on to the next one. They know what I did. I know what I did. What matters though is whether we win or lose.

Geodude07

03-23-2011

I am no pro, I am not afraid or ashamed to say that. So if I am wrong feel free to correct me, however I am also appreciative of common courtesy.

Anyways here is my issue with ksing. My favorite characters are all melee, I so far have liked garren, jarvan, and poppy the best. As garren I cared little for kills, but generally ended up with a good number whenever I needed them (thanks to his ult and spinning DOT). However with jarvan an amumu can take kill easily with his DoT effect and teemo is the bane of my kill streak as his posion constantly takes kills. I may have ulted, used my flag and spear and a teemo will run up shoot once and net the kill.

as poppy it is even worse, I rarely get done with a build on her, and the same types of damage ruin me. I feel I need some money and am stressed out particularly as a melee since I must risk my health to charge in to enemys. particularly as poppy who is also hard to kill minions and make money with. It is frustrating to have a teemo or amumu or any DoT take a kill I throw myself at turrets for, or use an ult on. especially when I painstakingly have set it up (got my charge to slam someone into a wall) and obviously need no assistance. I understand it at times, but DoT's truly make this practice too easy

Perhaps teemos need more kills that I do? but i do not feel that ksing is a fair deal, nor do I particularly enjoy having someone show up to "gank" meaning do one auto attack and take my kill. It makes me feel less useful with my score being 0/2/7 and Ive even had people say I suck for this reason. Perhaps this gets better with better team players but I feel that for me it is a very negative and frustrating deal.

Stinglock

03-23-2011

I didn't even think KSing existed in team games.

After all, no ONE player in your team can WIN, it's either ALL or NONE that will win.
A KS or KILL as you should be calling it, helps the team.

If the bad guy is one hit away from autoattack death thank your teammate for speeding it up for you, you clearly took too long if they caught up to you and it's time for you to both PUSH!

And in regards to the poster above, did you notice teemo's mushrooms? They KS all the time, even when people are just fleeing to base and think they are safely running, or just leaving the team fight.

It's not all about the kills people, it's about the teamwork.

The Dodecahedron

03-23-2011

A ks only occurs when the champ being stole from has everything under control. If there is a chase, it is not a ks; it is teamwork. If the ally is low on health, it is not a ks; it is teamwork. If something were to be implemented it would have to take into account the whether the the percentage of the damage the stealee did to the victim the percentage of health the stealee had remaining, whether the stealee was still in range of the victim and the time since the steelee's last attack. (to account for stuns, blinds, silences and such)

Such a complex system would inevitably misappropriate kills and just piss people off more than the last hit system.

It would be better just to reward assists more, perhaps based on how much damage was dealt. The last hitter gets the full cash reward and the champ that did the other 90% of the damage could get 90% of the reward. But then one must consider the the stunners, the slowers, the knock-backers and who, if anyone, gets turret damage.

A couple kill steals are to be expected in every game, intentional or not. Quit your whining and get over it. If Yi is running around stealing everybody's kills, use the capslock in game and report him afterwords IF YOU LOSE BECAUSE OF HIM.

This is a team game. Act like a team.