What is the new standard? Official word please.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Velqor

02-03-2010

So we got twitch, pantheon, shaco, gangplank, twisted fate easily some of the most powerful characters uncontested. You cant argue that any of these guys are weak. So are these the new standard and everyone else needs buffed up to them or are they op and we need to see some debuffs ? One issue inpaticular is gangplanks parlay now applying his passive as if it wasnt already fantastic it just became that much more. Please let us know what to expect in the future for some of our weaker favorite heroes.

Sedon

02-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velqor View Post
some of our weaker favorite heroes.
Name some. I'm lost as to who you are referring to.

DrFromGallifrey

02-03-2010

Twitch and Pantheon are overpowered and should be fixed.

Twisted Fate is a joke to me - I've never seen anyone play him well, ever. Even when people claim to be "pros" with him, they usually fall flat on their faces.

Gangplank isn't overpowered in the least, you just have to know what to do. A common mistake I see is Veigar's trying to use their stun on me and hoping it'll buy them enough time for another team mate to run over. It's like no one knows what my abilities do because gangplank is so rarely played.

Philosoraptor

02-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedon View Post
Name some. I'm lost as to who you are referring to.
Ryze, Amumu, Jax, Gragas, Corki, Janna etc;

Tricolor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2010

shako got hit hard by the exhaust,lizard,crit damage nerf so he isnt that deadly early game and without a good early game he gonna be pretty much useless mid/late if your team is half decent

never saw someone playing twitch after the update so i gonna guess thats cause he isnt op anymore

tf is broken...needs to be reworked.. spammable cheap stun, global revel+slow+tele with gold card....

gp parley is broken... needs either a higher cd or mana cost or remove the healing ****(although a higher cd would be better)

pantheon....the only think that really bugs me is the ugly black circle when he cast his ultimate....cmon plz do some decent graphics for that ult...it looks like it was made on paint and by people that doesnt know how to use paint...

also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosoraptor View Post
Ryze, Amumu, Jax, Gragas, Corki, Janna etc;
if corki is weak than the other champs are beyond terrible.

Mpalm

02-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herborist View Post

Twisted Fate is a joke to me - I've never seen anyone play him well, ever. Even when people claim to be "pros" with him, they usually fall flat on their faces.
Fate is by far the best champion in this game... by leaps and bounds.

Velqor

02-03-2010

Tryndamere, Soraka, kat. Now you can argue about those if you like but plenty of threads bicker back and forth already. I want to know what the standard is not an arguement over oh if u play this way or that.

Merovinge

02-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herborist View Post
Twitch and Pantheon are overpowered and should be fixed.

Gangplank isn't overpowered in the least, you just have to know what to do. A common mistake I see is Veigar's trying to use their stun on me and hoping it'll buy them enough time for another team mate to run over. It's like no one knows what my abilities do because gangplank is so rarely played.
Is that a joke? Have you heard stories of the devastation cFang caused upon all of LoL before the first round of TF nerfs? I don't even understand what possesses someone to try and sound super pro by claiming the best champion is weak, when in reality it just screams I play at low elo.

TeeNaku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velqor View Post
So we got twitch, pantheon, shaco, gangplank, twisted fate easily some of the most powerful characters uncontested. You cant argue that any of these guys are weak. So are these the new standard and everyone else needs buffed up to them or are they op and we need to see some debuffs ? One issue inpaticular is gangplanks parlay now applying his passive as if it wasnt already fantastic it just became that much more. Please let us know what to expect in the future for some of our weaker favorite heroes.
i ignored your thread from that point. pantheon is absolutly terrible.

Sedon

02-03-2010

ryze - definitely needs something done
amumu - i think he may be in a good place, he depends a lot on teamwork
jax - may need slight buff
gragas - how do you know he's weak at this point? i think it may be a little early.
corki - i lol'ed
janna - in a good spot.

So yea, I do agree that ryze, jax, warwick, and mundo all need some type or rework. I would say though that of your proposed OP chars, the only champ that the greater community believes still needs some type of nerf/rework would be twisted fate. Twitch just got nerfed two patches in a row. Do we really know where he's at yet? Pantheon is a new champ, and people are going to have to learn to counter him. Gangplank and shaco are not by any means OP. The gangplank buff does tick me off, but I still don't think he is OP.