Riot Games is Hiring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AckNun

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji sempai View Post
I noticed that there were no programming/software development internships. would it be appropriate to apply for a standard position even though I would only be able to work for about 10 weeks?
Hopefully could get a red response for this, and if internships are paid for those of us that would have to move out that way.

Ashaira

Adjudicator

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enryuu View Post
Yea I'd have to look around. My programming know-how isn't that great though. Granted that was my major but the backbone learning for it wasn't solid since the teacher well wasn't that great lol. So kind of self-teaching myself and learning as I go now. QA I doubt would offer relocation seeing as its contract only and I have no experience with it, aside from public/closed beta testing for games. But ya I got options here where I am to just waiting for a QA door to open up for me so in the meantime going through some Android tutorials and learning Java in that regard to maybe program something of a game haha.
unity is a nice place to start ur java learning. granted its mostly scripting and not programing its a nice start

AckNun

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaira View Post
unity is a nice place to start ur java learning. granted its mostly scripting and not programing its a nice start
Ya I used unity for my college project with my friends senior year. Its pretty nice. Used mostly C# though instead of java, don't know which one to use atm might go through the fps or 2d platform tutorial first see how things are set up and what not. Since only part of coding I got totally under is snippets and editing code to work the way you want it to. Framework is **** due to bad teacher. Just using Android for now since I got a puzzle game idea floating around in my head lol.

Belkarama

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2011

Was curious to know whether or not you had any openings that did not require you to actually be in the LA area. I'm finishing up my Computer Science degree shortly, but without a passport and all that good ol' jazz moving to the United States from Montreal, Canada is just a real pain in the arse.

Phrozen

02-28-2011

If you've applied within the last few weeks, but haven't heard back, will there be a call or email letting you know your status? Thanks

Dracorya

02-28-2011

Nuuuu, what happened to your Creative Designer Intern postion?! QQ

timaxman

02-28-2011

If you wish to apply for a few positions, do you just send multiple resumes? (even if they are the same +/- titles)

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malzahar View Post
Are you hiring champions?
Nope, they are just stealing your accounts. ><

Kamuie

02-28-2011

I still have yet to hear anything from Riot. I've applied multiple times already.

Arafel

Friend of Urf

02-28-2011

Will apply in December with 0 game experience (used to do champ design for ToB if that counts for half of an anything) and a mostly useless creative writing degree!

Fiction, none of that ***** poetry stuff.