Riot Games is Hiring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AckNun

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaira View Post
yeah um tell that to a uni graduate who although might be very good hasnt work yet and thus does not know how much his talents and skills are worth because noone ever gives numbers. plus i said a threshold. as in NOT the exact number.
Ya I know what you mean. Graduated from college last year in May and still haven't found anything yet. Thinking of doing some Indie development for phones now. Something you should look into if your in the same boat. Indie development is kind of on the rise now to. Just a suggestion anyways. But ya your best way to get in honestly is to start in at QA and then work your way up. Don't know who did that in Riot but saw a video where Riot visited a Uni for a lecture and they worked their way up to where they are now in Riot as a director or producer or something I believe. I need to look up the video and their name again on youtube lol. Thinking I'm like the other person in the video though, went for programming but as of now I'm not quite enjoying it but its still a nice challenge for a hobby.

Josh de Tonreau

02-28-2011

i so effin wish... Ive got tons of design and production ideas

Ashaira

Adjudicator

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enryuu View Post
Ya I know what you mean. Graduated from college last year in May and still haven't found anything yet. Thinking of doing some Indie development for phones now. Something you should look into if your in the same boat. Indie development is kind of on the rise now to. Just a suggestion anyways. But ya your best way to get in honestly is to start in at QA and then work your way up. Don't know who did that in Riot but saw a video where Riot visited a Uni for a lecture and they worked their way up to where they are now in Riot as a director or producer or something I believe. I need to look up the video and their name again on youtube lol. Thinking I'm like the other person in the video though, went for programming but as of now I'm not quite enjoying it but its still a nice challenge for a hobby.
yeah im a bit dif as there are quite a few jobs available for me back home or here in the UK i would be interested to work for riot as i like LOL but its not my only option.

also ude be surprised but outside of america u can find jobs with relative ease if ur willing to move to other countries. while i worked for EA as a QA tester i saw quite a few job openings even for fresh graduates that offered relocation as part of the contract

SprinkKnoT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2011

Gah Why do i have to be a college freshman... 3 more years and I can have my BS in Computer Science and apply >.<

Ashaira

Adjudicator

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprinkKnoT View Post
Gah Why do i have to be a college freshman... 3 more years and I can have my BS in Computer Science and apply >.<
) know how u feel dude. ive been there. take some QA jobs during the summer. it'll help ur CV

Poki3 tem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niike View Post
How Do I apply to test magma chamber?
Pretty much anything from the QA section.

Teious

02-28-2011

Open an office in Brazil and I'll gladly apply =D

fuji sempai

02-28-2011

I noticed that there were no programming/software development internships. would it be appropriate to apply for a standard position even though I would only be able to work for about 10 weeks?

Someguy150

02-28-2011

Glad to hear it. I'm applying next week. Preparing my portfolio now.

I hear the design test is pretty challenging.

AckNun

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaira View Post
yeah im a bit dif as there are quite a few jobs available for me back home or here in the UK i would be interested to work for riot as i like LOL but its not my only option.

also ude be surprised but outside of america u can find jobs with relative ease if ur willing to move to other countries. while i worked for EA as a QA tester i saw quite a few job openings even for fresh graduates that offered relocation as part of the contract
Yea I'd have to look around. My programming know-how isn't that great though. Granted that was my major but the backbone learning for it wasn't solid since the teacher well wasn't that great lol. So kind of self-teaching myself and learning as I go now. QA I doubt would offer relocation seeing as its contract only and I have no experience with it, aside from public/closed beta testing for games. But ya I got options here where I am to just waiting for a QA door to open up for me so in the meantime going through some Android tutorials and learning Java in that regard to maybe program something of a game haha.