People that deal way too much damage...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rotflcopter

02-03-2010

please help me understand how they do it. let me explain what i mean:

i am not a lvl 30 yet (25) but i'm not a noob either, i played 250+ games and i faced every single champion out there 1v1 multiple times, so i know more or less what their damage output is early game.

but occasionally, i find someone that deals WAY TOO MUCH damage with a champion that usually deals much less.

no, they're not fed, they don't have +damage items, + ap items , elixirs or neutral creep buffs. they're not overleveled or something.

they just rape me. one time i got this teemo that took away 50% of my hp with just one blinding dart + auto attack. yesterday i got this tristana that roflstomped me multiple times before even reaching lvl 6... (strange thing is, later when i checked in death recap said she did 600 damage to me, but i had 900+ hp... and yes, i was 100% and nothing else was attacking me)

so i have only 2 possible explanations for this:

-a secretly lame masteries/rune combination
-some kind of cheats

not wanting to call cheats yet, i'm betting on the lame rune/masteries... is that so? and if so, how?

ePiMagnets

02-03-2010

It's your first. A lot of it is based on specific masteries and runes. You'd be surprised how much you can do when spec'd properly and with the right runes backing that champion up.

The Body Thetan

02-03-2010

Maybe runes/masteries? The only thing I know is that death recap is unreliable at best.

Almighty1

02-03-2010

Armour pen runes + some lucky crits = wtfkills early game with exhaust or ignite. The teemo probably prioritised blinding dart and trist is just meant to do damage. Not sure about the death recap thing but it's probably a problem with death recap, not the trist using hacks.

EDIT: If your wondering what kind of runeset would be good to do this, I'd try APen, MPen or Crit dmg.

Rotflcopter

02-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulgarity View Post
It's your first. A lot of it is based on specific masteries and runes. You'd be surprised how much you can do when spec'd properly and with the right runes backing that champion up.
surprised? you can bet i am, it's jaw-dropping.

but then i want to know how. i usually play dps characters, any suggestion?

ePiMagnets

02-03-2010

Cookie cutter 21/X/X or 9/X/X builds and one of the following:

armor pen runes
+crit damage runes
magic pen runes

Add in a summoner spell combo such as exhaust/ignite and the damage gets pretty insane.

Also take into account the starting items they get. In the instance of a shaco, the fortitude potion can lead to enormous crits (I've seen shaco 2-hit people with a crit damage book and one of those pots).