Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Hero Whiners

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlyGoat

02-03-2010

honestly

my first game with gragas i did a lot worse than i do my first time playing almost any other hero

my second, third and fourth times followed a similar pattern

i then dismissed gragas as underpowered as ****, since I did better with on-release Udyr.

Edit:

Oh, and of all the people I've seen play him on my and the enemy team since release, I have not seen ANYONE perform well with him.

Except Omnibus, but Omnibus doesn't count because he's like #1 LoL player ever.

GoD FoRSaKeN

02-03-2010

Quote:
Dracorya:
Being taken out of this cruel cruel world?

but can feelings be present post mortim?

02-03-2010

Quote:
Lightstriker:
it can't smell itself.

@ZG:...I hate you.

Nah, I was just kidding. Usually first impressions are everything, there is no real hidden 'strategy' that will make them good all of a sudden.

You guys are stating this as if that with a very specific build and very specific tactic that they will all of a sudden become very good champions. It doesn't work the way, look at Nidalee, very few people stated that she was OP and she is fine to this day.

People are usually right when they say something is OP or UP, at least whenever SlyGoat says it.

SlyGoat

02-03-2010

Well, I still think Poppy did not need any nerfing and in fact needed some buffs/adjustments to make her less of a LOLIPOPMYULTURDEAD/OOPSULTNOTAVAILABLEIMDEAD hero.

wellwish3r

02-03-2010

I only played against gargas so far (with pantheon) and so far im not impressed. The barrel is Anivias Q just less useful, the charge doesnt seem to ft the hero very well, and his ulti is just a Gloryfied AOE fear.

Dunno what his last spell is, but so far i have not seen anything by gargas here i would say, wow this looks like it could become pretty useful.

02-03-2010

Quote:
SlyGoat:
Well, I still think Poppy did not need any nerfing and in fact needed some buffs/adjustments to make her less of a LOLIPOPMYULTURDEAD/OOPSULTNOTAVAILABLEIMDEAD hero.

Wrong. Poppy is so godly amazing she beats out Twisted Fate!!@!@!

SuperStomper

02-03-2010

I actually find Pantheon to be rather worthless (haven't played him yet, but all of the ones I've seen are terribad).

Gragas seems difficult to use correctly but fairly powerful in good hands.

The Feelingless

02-03-2010

gragas is fine imo, the 26% damage taken reductions is somewhat win

Mordai

Recruiter

02-03-2010

Gragas is balance imo. seen him in a few games and he has performed Okay. He is not Op but not UP either, just like chars should be :P
The only thing I noticed about him is that he is somewhat hard to play.. but hey, what is wrong with that? :S'

Great patch, nice and fun heroes

Arkatakor

02-03-2010

Quote:
SlyGoat:
honestly

my first game with gragas i did a lot worse than i do my first time playing almost any other hero

my second, third and fourth times followed a similar pattern

i then dismissed gragas as underpowered as ****, since I did better with on-release Udyr.
This. I also tried to persevere with him to no avail. I am now gonna avoid him 100% and will jump out of any queue upon seeing him being selected by anyone on my team.