Finally a real solution for Executioner's Calling

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Curio

Junior Member

02-03-2010

sounds good to me! bump! i like the healing buff on spirit visage too.
but both would be fine.
soraka needs love. my favorite hero got powned two patches ago and its ruff.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drakantus

Senior Member

02-03-2010

There is no solution needed, the item is fine and needed. Without counters, a 3 tank 2 healer team is just stupid.

Healers are still played. Mundo is still played. Alistar is still played and dominates the 5vs5 phase of the game, EC or not. Soraka sucks, not because of EC though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karma Police

Senior Member

02-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakantus View Post
There is no solution needed, the item is fine and needed. Without counters, a 3 tank 2 healer team is just stupid.

Healers are still played. Mundo is still played. Alistar is still played and dominates the 5vs5 phase of the game, EC or not. Soraka sucks, not because of EC though.
You sir, are wrong. 12 second duration on EC is ridiculous. Everything in this game should have a counter. How do I counter a 12 second long buff that ruins a champions ability to heal?

Executioner's Calling should be in the game. It makes sense to have a counter for healing or else Soraka, Taric, Mundo, Alistar would be pretty hard to deal with, especially when combining them on the same team.

However, a 12 second duration on the buff is absolutely ridiculous and with the buff to pirate's passive it's gotten pretty silly too.

My logic relies on one simple fact: Healing Reduction is CC.
CC should have a counter. All other forms of CC have a counter. Healing Reduction should be counterable as well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Furialoca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

02-03-2010

Agreed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drakantus

Senior Member

02-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police View Post
Y Everything in this game should have a counter..
That leads to a paradox. If you can counter my counter, it becomes ineffective and your original ability I tried to counter has no counter.

Healing should have a counter, everything doesn't need a counter. Only strategies that are nearly impossible to defeat without a specific counter need counters.


Quote:
My logic relies on one simple fact: Healing Reduction is CC.
Sadly that isn't a fact. Healing reduction is a debuff, not a crowd control.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karma Police

Senior Member

02-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakantus View Post
That leads to a paradox. If you can counter my counter, it becomes ineffective and your original ability I tried to counter has no counter.

Healing should have a counter, everything doesn't need a counter. Only strategies that are nearly impossible to defeat without a specific counter need counters.

Sadly that isn't a fact. Healing reduction is a debuff, not a crowd control.
So you think that Healing Reduction should have no counters? Lots of other counters have counters.

Armor = counter to physical damage.
Armor pen = counter to armor.
They negate.

Magic resist = counter to magic damage.
Magic pen = counter to magic resist.
They negate.

CC = counter to hard carries.
CC reduction = counter to CC.

Healing Reduction = counter to healers.
... ....... = wtf?


ALSO!
Healing Reduction is in every way a form of Crowd Control. You say that debuffs aren't CC? Silence is a debuff. Stuns are debuffs. Fear is a debuff. What do you think cleanse is for?

When a healer isn't able to properly do their job because of a debuff, you might as well have silenced or stunned them. That is my point. IN that way, Healing Reduction is in every way an uncounterable form of CC and is extremely overpowered right now. TY have a nice day.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drakantus

Senior Member

02-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police View Post
So you think that Healing Reduction should have no counters? Lots of other counters have counters.

Armor = counter to physical damage.
Armor pen = counter to armor.
They negate.
Healing = counter to damage.
Healing reduction debuff = counter to healing.
They negate.

Just as we don't have "armor penetration resistance", we don't need a healing reduction resistance stat. At some point you are just countering counters of counters of counters, and the whole thing starts to get silly. It's fine as is.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police View Post
ALSO!
Healing Reduction is in every way a form of Crowd Control. You say that debuffs aren't CC? Silence is a debuff. Stuns are debuffs. Fear is a debuff. What do you think cleanse is for?
You have your terminology mixed up. All crowd control are debuffs, but not all debuffs are crowd control effects. Crowd control is defined as abilities that cause you to LOSE CONTROL of your character. Fear, sleep, stuns, etc are forms of crowd control. Silence is NOT crowd control, and a healing debuff isn't even remotely similar to crowd control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police View Post
When a healer isn't able to properly do their job because of a debuff, you might as well have silenced or stunned them. That is my point. IN that way, Healing Reduction is in every way an uncounterable form of CC and is extremely overpowered right now. TY have a nice day.
The great thing about League of Legends is it has ZERO healers. Every single champion that has a healing ability also has other non-healing abilities. No matter how much your healing is reduced, you can always use your non-healing abilities. Now, if you refuse to use those other abilities, then I suppose a healing debuff would really suck for you, but whos fault is it if you aren't going to use a champion to it's full potential? The same happens for other champions. Should annie cry that her fire shield spell is easily countered because she doesn't have a taunt to force people to attack into it? No, if annie doesn't think the fireshield is useful she puts her points into disintigrate or incinerate instead. In the same way, an alistar who thinks his heal is useless can put points in his AOE stun or Headbut instead. Executioner's calling doesn't shut ANY champion down completely.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karma Police

Senior Member

02-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakantus View Post
Healing = counter to damage.
Healing reduction debuff = counter to healing.
They negate.

Just as we don't have "armor penetration resistance", we don't need a healing reduction resistance stat. At some point you are just countering counters of counters of counters, and the whole thing starts to get silly. It's fine as is.
This ruined any chance of you presenting a logical argument.
LOL counter to damage!?!
Hahahahaha!

I don't even understand how you got that...
Nothing "counters" damage. You either take it or you don't.

Not being hit = counter to damage.

This brings me back to my original point.
Everything in this game has a counter but healing reduction.

You said there's not a counter for Armor penetration?
It's called STACKING MORE ARMOR!

If they put an item in the game that said "Puts a debuff on a target that reduces their armor by 50% for 12 seconds" in the game, how many people do you think would buy it? The same goes with MR. Armor and MR pen can be effectively recountered by stacking more armor / MR.

This is NOT the same with healing reduction. It is 100% uncounterable. Every game I've seen Soraka in since the patch that buffed EC, her team lost. EVERY SINGLE GAME. Without exception.

Sorry my friend, but you're wrong. Clearly most of the community agrees with me as well.

EDIT: I'm going to sleep though. I don't have all night to argue with someone who is clearly wrong. I'm sure you play Pirate, Twitch or Trist and you just don't want to see your precious OPness ruined by balance. You can argue with all the other people who agree with me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Monad

Senior Member

02-03-2010

Since they keep boosting heal reduction, i highly doubt theres something being done about it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-03-2010

stuff like this hardcore healing reduction **** is why i cant play my support heroes anymore. i used to play ap taric and soraka ALL THE TIME.

but now that gangplank can use parrlay to permanently keep grog soaked on someone, and now everyone and their mom gets excecutioners, and it lasts so god **** long. i cant even play support characters anymore. because of the absurd level of healing reduction, and with no way to counter it. it only enforces the mindset of pugs "if you dont have more kills than me, YOU SUCK"

im so sick of playing soraka, and running in, keeping an ENTIRE TEAM up during a teamfight. and at the end i dont have any kills and only like 1 or 2 assists. and everyone says i was useless.


you either need to just outright remove it, pending a review. or for gods sake, REDUCE THE EFFECT. ffs. Taric heal, level 1. 90+ap, which isnt that much at level 1. gangplank parrlay level 1. its not that hard to spam that for at least 5 minutes till he runs out of mana. so unless you just stay back and let him exp block you. taric heal at level one will heal for 45. untill level 3 which, if memory serves, is 120 heal. so at level 3 he heals 60. and so on.


123