Bugged Since Beta: Alistar's Headbutt

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dapacman

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnomaly View Post
It's not just Alistar.

Gragas' Body Slam also bugs fairly consistantly (between 1-5 times a game) in that it gets stuck on a pixel or some **** (not a ward or teemo-shroom, I've check and/or it's happened in matches against a stealth hero and I had Oracles) and he just Body Slams without actually moving or hitting anything (if someone touches you when this happens they dont get damaged or slowed, similar to the Bug where his Body Slam does nothing to the Blue Golem sometimes), and yet he still loses mana and gets the CD.
I know it's not just Alistar, as many champions have similar bugs that they are fixing slowly. The reason I have such an issue with this particular bug is because it's the only bug that's been in the game since BETA, that has consistently ruined games for me. I'm simply sick of this one and I want it fixed. I don't care how.

Dapacman

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim1 View Post
I've run into this bug before but I'm not sure how to replicate it. I can't even give a percentage because I stopped playing Alistar as much as I used to but I still see it once every few times I've played him.
A lot of people don't notice the amount of damage that it does because a lot of people don't max Headbutt and don't see more than 90 damage all the way up until level 14. It's negligible and people don't notice. However, I've been testing a build that maxes Headbutt and I used to play him that way anyway, and I'm sick and tired of this bug because it's preventing my build from being a legitimate possibility in a lot of cases.

FDru

02-28-2011

This bug is so annoying. Happens a lot when trying to headbutt through terrain; like a 50/50 chance it seems.

Thor Of Asgard

02-28-2011

Playing Alistar since the end of 2009.

It's caused by right clicking a lot.

If you right click after you've casted it and are in transit to the enemy, it cancels.

At least in my experience.

Easy to replicate, try it in a custom game.

MrAnomaly

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapacman View Post
I know it's not just Alistar, as many champions have similar bugs that they are fixing slowly. The reason I have such an issue with this particular bug is because it's the only bug that's been in the game since BETA, that has consistently ruined games for me. I'm simply sick of this one and I want it fixed. I don't care how.
Oh I was agreeing with you, it baffles me how long it takes for Riot to address bugs. It baffles me that every patch for the last almost Two Years now, there are MAJOR bug fixes and gameplay changes without improvement or addition to the current mechanics (save for the unneccessary monthly hero release), including the basics such as Replays, Pause, Getting Gold from your leavers and being able to loot their items, etc. etc.

I don't have a problem with Alistar's personally because I don't use him, so I was using Gragas as an example because he is one of my favorite heroes, and little issues like this are actually game-breaking situationally.

Noperative

02-28-2011

The problem is caused when they are out of range of the spell when Alistar connects. I assume the spell is supposed to send Alistar forward and sends the target back when he connects. Assuming that the range is capped, Alistar gets leashed at a certain point and the headbutt never connects.

Dapacman

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noperative View Post
The problem is caused when they are out of range of the spell when Alistar connects. I assume the spell is supposed to send Alistar forward and sends the target back when he connects. Assuming that the range is capped, Alistar gets leashed at a certain point and the headbutt never connects.
If it was a skillshot, I would be OK with this. Since it's not, it's FVCKING STUPID.

Dapacman

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Of Asgard View Post
Playing Alistar since the end of 2009.

It's caused by right clicking a lot.

If you right click after you've casted it and are in transit to the enemy, it cancels.

At least in my experience.

Easy to replicate, try it in a custom game.
I'm pretty positive that this is caused by more than one thing. Sometimes it will simply do nothing. Sometimes you WILL Headbutt them away, but the damage won't occur. Sometimes it will just go on CD. I've heard multiple theories but still nothing from Riot about if they're even working on fixing it.

Dapacman

02-28-2011

Yeah, this thread isn't going away anytime soon.

Dapacman

02-28-2011

FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT

Please?