Bugged Since Beta: Alistar's Headbutt

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Bad Sauce

02-28-2011

Probably been said, but I'm too lazy to sift through 5 pages so..
It's a bug with all champs where when using a skill at max range the skill doesn't go off
Your client says you used the skill and uses the mana and cooldown
Due to latency, theirs says "lol no u didnt"; so it has no effect
This is especially true when brush is involved, and skills that travel though the air slowly (Kass Null Sphere/ Shaco Two-Shiv)

Vaan

02-28-2011

I get the same problem as well. I usually do the headbutt-pulverize combo, but i headbutt them and did no damage whatsoever. I did manage to pulverize with no problems (except when they fly 500 feet in the air).

xNECROx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapacman View Post
I'm bumping this thread repeatedly until they fix it.

Hahaha..good luck!

skstylez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapacman View Post
How is it that there's a known bug that makes a spell do zero damage, and it's been there since beta, and nobody's fixed it yet?

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, Alistar's Headbutt occassionally (I'd say about 1 in 10 tries) does zero damage to a target that it hits and does not move them backwards, even though Alistar will use the mana, put the spell on CD, and charge at the enemy.

Plenty of bugs in this game get fixed constantly, but when there's one that's old enough, I guess it just gets swept under the rug.

I'm bumping this thread repeatedly until they fix it. I'm really sick of losing games to the snowball effect of games. Dying twice when you should have had 2 kills, especially for a champion that's starved for items early game, can completely ruin your game in a lot of cases.
the bug is anything that blocks him from his destination (target). This will be towers, trees, walls, etc. in open space there isnt a bug... if you say there's a bug and you don't even know what it is that doesn't help in the slightest

Dapacman

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNECROx View Post
Hahaha..good luck!
I upvoted you for truth.

Dapacman

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaan View Post
I get the same problem as well. I usually do the headbutt-pulverize combo, but i headbutt them and did no damage whatsoever. I did manage to pulverize with no problems (except when they fly 500 feet in the air).
The 500-feet-in-the-air bug used to trap enemies in midair for up to 10 seconds, while you just auto-attacked them to death. At least it's only a maximum of an extra second now....although it shouldn't be there either.

Tyhan

02-28-2011

The bug exists and comes up far more often on Pantheon's Aegis of Zeonia as well. I believe they're related to latency and positioning.

Dapacman

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhan View Post
The bug exists and comes up far more often on Pantheon's Aegis of Zeonia as well. I believe they're related to latency and positioning.
That's kind of enraging if you think about it. This is a global problem for at least a dozen champions with no updates on a possible fix. It's time to get an update on this.

grim1

02-28-2011

I've run into this bug before but I'm not sure how to replicate it. I can't even give a percentage because I stopped playing Alistar as much as I used to but I still see it once every few times I've played him.

MrAnomaly

02-28-2011

It's not just Alistar.

Gragas' Body Slam also bugs fairly consistantly (between 1-5 times a game) in that it gets stuck on a pixel or some **** (not a ward or teemo-shroom, I've check and/or it's happened in matches against a stealth hero and I had Oracles) and he just Body Slams without actually moving or hitting anything (if someone touches you when this happens they dont get damaged or slowed, similar to the Bug where his Body Slam does nothing to the Blue Golem sometimes), and yet he still loses mana and gets the CD.