Bugged Since Beta: Alistar's Headbutt

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

neurolite

02-28-2011

This happens on a lot of characters actually. I play Ryze a lot and about 1 in 50 spells (sounds like it might not matter but realize with my CDR at 40 I'm throwing 9 spells in 9 seconds with a ~1.8 second break between cycles of 7 and 9 spells) so I see this bug a lot. It happens mostly with rune prison, and it happens at all points in the game, so it's not a banshee's veil. It also can happen in any game so I know it's not a sivir spell shield or anything. To be honest it seems like there's just a dropped packet between your client and the server which blows the cooldown on your screen, but never sends the spell, and when the client and server resync, they just ignore the spell cast and leave the CD.

02-28-2011

give this man his bug fix

Forestry

02-28-2011

this never happened to me or atleast i didnt notice and i have played maybe 200+ games with ali...

what annoys me about headbutt is that if there is an object like turret or wall between ali and target, spell gets used but nothing happens

Andromansis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2011

Quote:
It's easy, you just throw the red card or have ali headbutt from full range on a guy who's walking/ghosting away from you.
Its possible that you could be outranging the radius of the damage.

I just played a practice game to test out the earlier claim about right clicking while you're headbutting nullifying the damage. I could not replicate this.

The only time I had headbutt not do damage is when I attempted to headbutt through a tower structure. The tower structure stopped Alistar and all the damage. Why can headbutt not do siege damage?

FredQuicksilver

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence View Post
how about we also fix the bug that allows alistar to cast headbutt and pulverize at the same exact time
oh you mean take away one of the best things about the champion when its already one of the most diffcult combos to time in the game? Um... no thanks.

Dapacman

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestry View Post
this never happened to me or atleast i didnt notice and i have played maybe 200+ games with ali...

what annoys me about headbutt is that if there is an object like turret or wall between ali and target, spell gets used but nothing happens
I agree that's annoying, but it's not a bug and has to do with positioning. Jax's Leap Strike has a similar bizarre mechanic, where he can't jump over walls but if the radius is close enough, he'll still do the damage from over the wall.

If this bug hasn't happened to do in 200+ games, then you're very lucky.

Dapacman

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromansis View Post
Its possible that you could be outranging the radius of the damage.

I just played a practice game to test out the earlier claim about right clicking while you're headbutting nullifying the damage. I could not replicate this.

The only time I had headbutt not do damage is when I attempted to headbutt through a tower structure. The tower structure stopped Alistar and all the damage. Why can headbutt not do siege damage?
I don't know, although headbutting a tower would be a useful mechanic.

I'm honestly surprised you can't replicate this. If it is outranging the radius of the damage, then the radius of damage needs to be higher than the radius of Alistar's movement upon spell cast.

Dapacman

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurolite View Post
This happens on a lot of characters actually. I play Ryze a lot and about 1 in 50 spells (sounds like it might not matter but realize with my CDR at 40 I'm throwing 9 spells in 9 seconds with a ~1.8 second break between cycles of 7 and 9 spells) so I see this bug a lot. It happens mostly with rune prison, and it happens at all points in the game, so it's not a banshee's veil. It also can happen in any game so I know it's not a sivir spell shield or anything. To be honest it seems like there's just a dropped packet between your client and the server which blows the cooldown on your screen, but never sends the spell, and when the client and server resync, they just ignore the spell cast and leave the CD.
Yeah, I've heard of this with lots of spells, but they're rare and have no pattern. I've even seen an Anivia with her egg ready simply never proc the egg.

Another bug that I HATE is Blitz's Mana Shield simply not going off in many cases. 1k games with Alistar and 600 games with Blitz, and honestly they have the most bug problems out of any other champions overall.

I'm starting with the Headbutt bug. When that gets fixed, I'll move on to the next bug. I felt that this was the most important bug to fix, especially the way I play Alistar.

Grackis

02-28-2011

this is deff in the game. it also bugs ur Q as well if u do the combo.

usually happens at max range if target is moving away from u.

Dapacman

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grackis View Post
this is deff in the game. it also bugs ur Q as well if u do the combo.

usually happens at max range if target is moving away from u.
You are right about the Q bug, but honestly I think that's a different bug than this particular one, which is completely ridiculous. He has so many absurd bugs.