Bugged Since Beta: Alistar's Headbutt

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oscard

04-06-2011

Also ive seen alistars get stuck on turret rubble in mid heabutt. Soooo lame.

Daryl3000

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
Do you think that you just missed the headbutt? It is possible to miss someone if they run out of headbutt range in time.
This is the case at times. Yesterday, I tried to headbutt a Trynd that was attacking my turret. As I was headbutting, he used his spinning splash and I ending up hitting nothing. Other times, the corner of a wall be the cause of this bug.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2011

If you only knew how many times I posted this on the Council forums..

As old programmers would tell you, this is not a bug, it is a feature.. because it aint getting fixed anytime soon. It probably has something to do with latency issues in a game too, even if you have superb ping, and for that reason it may also be more difficult to duplicate on a internal test realm for Riot.

I would say they should make it a skill-shot but then minion pathing headache's become a problem unless he pushes everything out of his way which ='s OP.

Stalos

04-06-2011

If there is an obstacle at the end of the headbutt path. Be it minion, Wall or Turret. Alistar will be blocked by the obstacle. The skill will move Alistar (until he hits the obstacle) cost mana and place headbutt on CD, but will not damage or displace the target.

Dapacman

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
If you only knew how many times I posted this on the Council forums..

As old programmers would tell you, this is not a bug, it is a feature.. because it aint getting fixed anytime soon. It probably has something to do with latency issues in a game too, even if you have superb ping, and for that reason it may also be more difficult to duplicate on a internal test realm for Riot.

I would say they should make it a skill-shot but then minion pathing headache's become a problem unless he pushes everything out of his way which ='s OP.
I don't understand at all why they don't change the mechanic of the ability itself then. Lee Sin's ult does basically the same thing. Force the ability to at least do the damage. Force yourself to make contact and actually damage the opponent. Honestly, at this point I could care less if they fly back or not, as long as the damage is done.

It's honestly disgraceful that they can fix the TF Red Card bug and they can't fix Alistar's Headbutt. They won't even talk about it. They ignore it. They were going to remake the champion completely, but now he's "balanced," so their just leaving him alone, bugs and all. It's really aggravating.

Dapacman

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
Do you think that you just missed the headbutt? It is possible to miss someone if they run out of headbutt range in time.
Hohums, I love you for at least responding.

A few things about this statement. I did not miss the headbutt. Over 1,000 games with Alistar, I know when Headbutt is supposed to hit the other champion and do damage. Also, there is no reason, NO REASON AT ALL, why I should be missing a TARGETED ABILITY. EVER. There was no terrain in the way. There were no minions in the way. He probably did walk out of range, but why can he walk out of range of A TARGETED ABILITY?

Honestly, either make it a skillshot or fix the **** thing already.

JudoPunch

04-06-2011

is your guys ping > 150?

Dapacman

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoPunch View Post
is your guys ping > 150?
My ping is between 60 and 80. Also, by this point, I have seen the bug LITERALLY about a hundred times.

Vsin

04-06-2011

It's probably residual programming from the code needed so that if he runs into a wall mid-animation the Headbutt stops, goes on cooldown, costs mana but does no damage. Essentially, when the hitbox triggered the target wasn't in range.

I've actually managed to replicate this bug with an annoying level of frequency by quickly trying to move away right as the headbutt is supposed to hit. Just crank the hitbox size a bit and it'll be fine.

Dapacman

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
It's probably residual programming from the code needed so that if he runs into a wall mid-animation the Headbutt stops, goes on cooldown, costs mana but does no damage. Essentially, when the hitbox triggered the target wasn't in range.

I've actually managed to replicate this bug with an annoying level of frequency by quickly trying to move away right as the headbutt is supposed to hit. Just crank the hitbox size a bit and it'll be fine.
I don't care how they fix it, as long as they fix it.