Bugged Since Beta: Alistar's Headbutt

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trenonian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
Do you think that you just missed the headbutt? It is possible to miss someone if they run out of headbutt range in time.
It shouldn't 'miss', or if it does, it shouldn't cost mana and put it on cd.

JohnnyW

04-06-2011

Quote:
Do you think that you just missed the headbutt? It is possible to miss someone if they run out of headbutt range in time.
So when will it be implemented to dodge Taric and Sion's targetted stuns if you run out of range to equlaize the playing field? Also, if you could make Xin, Akali, and Jax's jumps like this I'd appreciate it too, thanks.

Doriantv

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPlayForKeeps View Post
By....moving?

Tell me, if someone is charging at you with their head forward with the intention of inflicting pain, are you going to stand there or move? Probably move.
Yeah, I'm sure that in reality we have mercenaries who dress like glorifed strippers and throw around boomerangs(Sivir), undead zombies who bat their eyelashes at you (Cryptic Gaze on Sion), and an entire race of hobbits (Yordles).

Realism has nothing to do with LoL.

FFDeek

04-06-2011

Quote:
do you think that you just missed the headbutt? It is possible to miss someone if they run out of headbutt range in time.
then make it a skill shot!!!

Nosef

04-06-2011

Quote:
Even if this is the case, how come only Alistar has this problem? If I run out of the "casting range" of Taric/Sion's stun, it doesn't just make the stun dissappear. The stun just travels that little extra distance.

I guess that is a little different since it's only a particle moving and not a champ, but Jax's leap strike would be a comparable mechanic. I don't play enough Jax to know if people can run out of leap strike range in time and have it do nothing, so maybe a more knowledgable Jax player can enlighten us?

Edit: So apparently I wasn't the first to come up with those examples...

Trenonian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosef View Post
Even if this is the case, how come only Alistar has this problem? If I run out of the "casting range" of Taric/Sion's stun, it doesn't just make the stun dissappear. The stun just travels that little extra distance.

I guess that is a little different since it's only a particle moving and not a champ, but Jax's leap strike would be a comparable mechanic. I don't play enough Jax to know if people can run out of leap strike range in time and have it do nothing, so maybe a more knowledgable Jax player can enlighten us?

Edit: So apparently I wasn't the first to come up with those examples...
I'm a Jax player, and I can't remember Jax giving up half way, (but it is annoying when it fails to go over walls). If they flash away I think it misses (might still do damage though) but I don't think that happens from them just running away.

My brother mains Alistar, and he's noticed that the headbutt->pulverize combo doesn't work at max range, might be related somehow.

Captain Taco

04-06-2011

Alistar's headbutt is all sorts of boned. If they make headbutt usable on minions, that will be absolutely awesome.

Also, why doesn't the cooldown on Triumphant Roar go down when neutral minions die? If they are attacking your team, they are enemies, ****it.

olyoxen

04-06-2011

im really lamed out by riots response, if this is true fix it.

Aaruma

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenonian View Post
I'm a Jax player, and I can't remember Jax giving up half way, (but it is annoying when it fails to go over walls). If they flash away I think it misses (might still do damage though) but I don't think that happens from them just running away.

My brother mains Alistar, and he's noticed that the headbutt->pulverize combo doesn't work at max range, might be related somehow.
Yeah if they flash it misses. Also if you leap at them and they go right behind a thick wall then it seems like nothing happens (after a while leap goes on CD) until you move to the more open angle and then suddenly leap dmg hits them but you stay exactly where you are. Much like when Yi alpha strikes a minion that just died before he lands and it hits around that minion without Yi landing there.

Gmork

04-06-2011

Riot employee who doesn't even know a standard spell from the game...