Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Stuns don't give you assists?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phoxly

02-02-2010

Okay so I have noticed this on alot of champs, whenever you stun an enemy, and they die, but your stun doesn't do any damage, you don't get an assist? Slowing them doesn't give you an assist either. If you blow your exhaust, that should be an assist. If you cast time warp, that won't give you an assist either. =/

Noticed this first with veigar when I used event horizon and the guy died before I could auto attack, no assist.

02-02-2010

Yeah, right now assists are based solely off damage. They're looking to change it so that debuffs give assists (and possibly even heals/teammate buffs), but no ETA as of yet. The only thing to do in the meantime is to try to get one small attack in before they die.

Lightstriker

Recruiter

02-02-2010

Riot has said they're considering making stuns/ snares with no damage do 1 damage, just for assists.

so yah. Honestly, I don't think this is much of a problem, as it happens rarely, but... yeah.

AzuuCookie

02-02-2010

Quote:
Lightstriker:
Riot has said they're considering making stuns/ snares with no damage do 1 damage, just for assists.

so yah. Honestly, I don't think this is much of a problem, as it happens rarely, but... yeah.

Humiliation Kill = kill someone with a stun = counts as 10 kills, plus the victim must endure a 2x death time.

Oh, and they also have to wear a dunce cap for the rest of the match.

Zhephiston

02-02-2010

This is something they keep talking about fixing but haven't yet. Currently, if you don't actually do damage, you don't get credit for helping with a kill. Slows and stuns that don't do damage don't count towards assists. It's a stupid system that should have been fixed long ago, but oh well.

It's still annoying that the volley-spamming ashe who didn't bother with frost arrows and doesn't do **** in a teamfight still gets a ton more assists than the stun-, slow-, and heal-spammers that win the fights. Oh well.

Riot says they'll fix it. At some point.

Phoxly

02-02-2010

I've stunned someone at a turret before, and had the turret kill, but I didnt get the assist/kill. =(

Kadzin

02-02-2010

Hopefully we will get a fix in the future for this
so event horizons, withers, time warps and other spells would grant assists
but for now try to squeeze an autoatack when you have a chance :-/