LeBlanc Build

Stick with what you are using. 4 12.50%
Get a new build. 18 56.25%
Dont use LeBlanc. 5 15.63%
I have a build idea for you. 5 15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Make Me a Better LeBlanc... please.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wtfrog

03-22-2011

She seems like she doesn't scale as well with AP, but two of her abilities with a 0.4-0.5 modifier hit twice, so it is very good scaling. AP>penetration>cooldown. You need to be able to actually deal most of your spell's damage per cast, or else you will piss away all your mana trying to dent anyone with magic resist over 30, and the longer you have to stick around to fight the more tempting of a target you will make.

I would almost always recommend buying a soulstealer. Mejai's is very cost effective even if you only have 5-6 stacks, because it costs 1235 and gives 20 ap + 40-48. Compare this to the 1600 gold deathcap piece which gives 80 ap, or the 860 wand and a 435 tome, which gives 60, and you'll realize that even if you don't do that great, it's still a good investment in most games. The most important part of this is that when you buy it early, around level 7-10, you are close to your peak strength and not many heroes can stand up to your combo. If you get a bunch of stacks early these can last you the rest of the game despite any deaths you may accrue. At some point you may want to sell it, but just because you can't always build up 20 stacks doesn't mean it's not a good item to buy.

Cooldown is only really important later on when you will be unable to burst people down in a few seconds and you need to be able to nuke more often to contribute to teamfights.

She doesn't really need mana, early on she has a lot of mana issues but these go away very quickly once mimic costs 0 mana.

Wtfrog

03-22-2011

Also, I definitely wouldn't go for ionian boots on leblanc, moreso now that they cost 100 more gold. The 20 spell pen you get from sorc shoes far outstrips ANYTHING else you could do to boost your damage early on when people rarely have more than their base 30 magic resist. Leblanc has a lot of mana problems early on that go away as you level up, but getting early cooldown to nuke more without penetration for effecient nuking tends to make her mana problems worse.

I used to be a big fan of the mejai + money items early on, since with a p-stone and a pick you can build into a reverie and deathfire for the cooldown you will want lategame. Reverie is nice for giving her another way to escape and save mejai stacks later one when you have 14 or more, and deathfire grasp is a good solution for people who are too tough to burst down.

That said, my preference now is to just get CDR blue runes and a morello's tome, which with the 6% in utility and 3% in offense, should get you around 35%.

I like doran's ring, but I would never get it as a starting item on her. She's just too squishy early even with the extra hp and her survival toolset is not nearly as effective until you get some levels on her. You want to be able to keep your HP up while you lane so that when you hit 4-5 and you actually have some power behind your nukes, you won't be too low hp to go for the gank. Additionally, the mana regen in the lane isn't that important since she is not very good at harassing, her spells are WAY more effective when you go all out and blow your load; compared to someone like kassadin who wants to blast a void sphere every time it's off cooldown, shooting sigils to whittle down their hp isn't really her style.

If you're going to buy any rings, do it after level 6 when she can play more aggressive and will benefit from the hp boost.

afternoondelite

03-22-2011

I'd like to think I am pretty good at leblanc. but i usually go hourglass and banshee's veil for survivability because her flash backwards on distortion usually provide me with enough survivability so that I don't need more HP. the invulnerability of hourglass and the spell block usually allow me to get 1-2 quick kills then run away and let me team go 4v3 against the others.

idk does anyone have an opinion?