LeBlanc Build

Stick with what you are using. 4 12.50%
Get a new build. 18 56.25%
Dont use LeBlanc. 5 15.63%
I have a build idea for you. 5 15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Make Me a Better LeBlanc... please.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Horrible

02-28-2011

Hi there, so I have been playing LeBlanc for the past few weeks in normal games to fairly large success. However I am not entirely sure if my build is good enough. I seem to normally have a much higher kill to death ratio (even though my most recent game is otherwise) whenever I play her, but I was wondering if there is a better root I could take.
--------------------------------
I normally take Flash and Ignite (big fan of triple flash over double flash and ghost).
with 9/0/21 or 10/0/20 as my masteries.

Build:

Meki and x2 Health pots
Tear- Now I know many people say LeBlanc doesnt need mana items but I find that later on with mana built up she is able to constantly spam her abilities. This allows me to distort to get across the map faster, or to run away.
Kage- I get this next to help with her farming difficulties. I also eventually build this into a DFG.
Boots of Lucidity- This goes towards my spamming of abilities.
Catalyst/Blasting Wand (Rod of Ages)- I get either one first depending on if I am having health issues or not. I find that Rod of Ages is an important item for me because it gives a little bit of survivability and extra mana. Also if I am having survival issues I might make a Banshee Veil instead.
Fiendish Codex- With this my CDR is capped.
Finish my AA staff.

Then I have 3 options:
Deathcap- This is if I want to really boost my AP.
Finish DFG- Normally if the enemy team is really tanky.
Hourglass- Survival purposes.

Other items I might get is a Void Staff or an Abyssal scepter.

My optimal build would be something like: AA Staff, Boots of Lucidity, Rod of Ages, DFG, Deathcap, Abyssal Scepter.
---------------------------
This is what I commonly hear to build:

Doran's Ring- Personally I dont really like it. The added health, AP and Mana regen is nice but it no longer allows the buyer to get a potion. Also it doesnt build into anything.

Mejais-If I buy it, it doesnt get stacked. If I dont buy it I wish I did. Too risky.

Sorc Shoes- I like these, I just find Lucidity better for my CDR needs.

(Dorans) Sorc Shoes, Mejais, Rylais, Deathcap, Void Staff, DFG

This build sounds nice, but I feel like you would run out of mana really fast.
--------------------------------
Sorry for all that writing I am just determined to find the most effective LeBlanc build. Thanks for the help if you decide to respond.

LeJamon

02-28-2011

Leblanc needs to snowball. In my games even if I go 20-0 a leblanc player can still lose because of how bad she is late game against a decent team.

To that end fast Sorc shoes are a must in order to snowball. However, you may sell these late game for more suitable boots.

Your preoccupation with mana and cdr is odd. Both are solved by blue buff and as the solo AP hero you should be getting every single one.

TehKaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2011

I will probably chime back in later because I'm in a hurry, but in short: Sorc Boots > CDR boots. She's an anti-carry, and her moves have great CD as it is, so adding in the extra mpen is priceless.

Second: AP > mana, in her case. Mana should not be a problem with her. You shouldn't be spamming her moves so much that you deplete her mana before you can kill whoever you're aiming for. Time your harassment, and do it in bursts. Don't just Q-poke here and there. If you're gonna do something, do it in full, so with that, AP gets you more bang for your buck.

And @LeJamon, I don't think she's bad late game. She scales pretty well, imo. Honestly, anyone can be bad against a decent team. :P

Two cents. Hope this has helped.

PsychoSim

02-28-2011

Don't worry about Mana... seriously.
Blue Buff will do you wonders. GET IT.
I also recommend Sorc Boots ASAP.
Look into Deathfire Grasp for those Magic Resisted Tanks.

From what I can tell, you're almost building a more utilitarian LeBlanc. With high CDR and Mana, the one thing that becomes more useful is her Chains. Because you're missing out on the Nukes she does. So you're highly mobile, and can stun often enough, but are you getting early/mid game kills? What happens late game?

If you want to stick to this build... maybe you need to explore something crazy... like one AD item on her so when you spam your chains and zip around with your flashes, you're able to attack with Q and Auto to wittle them down. But that just seems like a whole lot of work for something that an AP LeBlanc can do in about 2 seconds.

ImMagick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2011

When I use leblanc I ignore most survival items. Leblanc imo is designed as a high burst anti squishy nuker so I max her ap and magic pen to do as much dmg as possibl. I rush sorc boots as a first buy and either an amp tome or blasting wand depending on how much I have on my first trip back. If I get a tome I build it into a Kage pick, but either way the next item I grab is a deathcap followed by a dfg. That's my core build for Leblanc, after that its dependent on the enemy team usually I grab a void staff. The strategy for building Leblanc is just "I need more ap" I blame my deaths on not having enough, I she gets her combo off u want a kill from it, if you don't get it , ur either targeting the wrong person or ur not doin enough dmg. This has worked well for me

LeJamon

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehKaster View Post

And @LeJamon, I don't think she's bad late game. She scales pretty well, imo. Honestly, anyone can be bad against a decent team. :P
The scaling on her damage isn't the problem. The problem is her range and that her blink is a huge part of her damage output.

But that statement. "Anyone can be bad against a decent team" is dumb. Ashe will be good against bad teams, decent teams, and fantastic teams. Most heroes can do well regardless of the skill of their enemy team. But certain heroes are only viable because the enemy team makes mistakes and don't react to the enemy heroes. Leblanc is one of them.

Harbin

02-28-2011

I suggest for you to rush a deathcap with all your might.

Dr Horrible

02-28-2011

Okay so what is the best item to start with for her? Dorans, Boots, or Amp tome?

Fredgerd

02-28-2011

**** I accidently downvoted thinking this was a

"OMG please buff LeBlanc she is UP" thread and she definently needs no buff.

Sorry.

BTW I love Doctor Horrible. Great Movie!!!