READ ME - Patching Problems

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

leonhart83

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Perring View Post
Leon, it appears that you've changed some of the internal League of Legends files (skins perhaps?). You can either reinstall the game using the setup file found in the LoL Installer folder, or replace the edited files with the older versions.
Hey Jesse,

Nah I haven't altered any files manually only what the game has done during patching installation etc. I wonder whether there was some corruption during the update this morning.

I was really looking forward to this update.

Q1. Will reinstalling the game using the setup file in the installer folder mean I have to download the entire game again? I am also assuming I will need to uninstall?

Q2. Like I said I can't replace the edit files with the older ones because I haven't edited them. Can you please let me know if you can which ones have been edited and maybe upload the older ones here that I can try?

Thanks

Micky.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

02-02-2010
13 of 30 Riot Posts

When you reinstall using setup.exe you will only have to download any updates made between when you downloaded the setup file and today. Probably 3 updates at most. You should use CCleaner after uninstalling, if possible:
http://www.ccleaner.com/

I can't upload any files atm because I'm reinstalling the game to see if I can reproduce the issues people are experiencing (not yours specifically) without editing any files.

leonhart83

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Perring View Post
When you reinstall using setup.exe you will only have to download any updates made between when you downloaded the setup file and today. Probably 3 updates at most. You should use CCleaner after uninstalling, if possible:
http://www.ccleaner.com/

I can't upload any files atm because I'm reinstalling the game to see if I can reproduce the issues people are experiencing (not yours specifically) without editing any files.
Hey man,

Looks like you were right. My friend actually borrowed my laptop and was playing lol. I remembered that he was colourblind so I have reverted the changes that he has made and it has fixed the issue.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

02-02-2010
14 of 30 Riot Posts

Glad it's working.

Pavlo

02-02-2010

Just reinstalled LoL again, it worked, i tried sevaral other suggestions but they all failed
Note : i had the rejected by server issue.

imJuzMadao

02-02-2010

Juz reinstall, it fixs the problem, althought it takes time to download & update, but at last stil can play it...

Tfub

02-02-2010

Reinstall did the trick here too. I first tried to repair old installation but it didn't work. Then I uninstalled, rebooted and istalled to new drive.

Pyrophiliac

02-03-2010

hi, i am stuck at the launcher and it is saying i am unable to connect, please try at another time. its been like this all day. the log says
"download failed[torrenthelper_error_invalidmetafile]"
"attempt to retrieve metafile[LOL.Air/23/LOL.Air_23_22to23.solid]"

Pyrophiliac

02-03-2010

i completely reinstalled the game, that didnt work

ChewbaccaMan

02-03-2010

ok my problem is more that when ever i try logging into pvp.net it says i can not connect my first thought was too check my firewall and see if its blocking any thing but its not blokcing anything due too lol so what should i do i tried reinstalling and i dunno how too attach my log too this