Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gragas item builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HOLYCOWBATMAN

03-15-2010

My most sucessfull build is as follow:

talent: 9/0/21 -> CDR!!!!
runes: blue cdr / quint cdr / yellow dodge / red armor or magic pen

skillz order:
start with E then follow this -> R > W > E

item order:
start with ruby crystal, with your passive you have enough regen to stay laning until you have enough cash for boots of speed and phage / spirit visage depending how it goes, after that finish phage / spirit visage wichever you didnt take. Finish frozen mallet... and from now on its pretty situational.. but good items are : FoN, Thornmail, Warmog, Guardian Angel

with spirit visage you get 32% cdr or 37% cdr depending on your runes... so keep belly charging them to death.

belly charge them and win. in teamfight just charge/ult the so that a single target get in your group.. and everyone else goes away.... let your team finish that poor soul and chase the other 4

the ONLY reason you should waste your mana on the stupid barrel is to trigger your passive in extreme conditions....... or to finish someone with 0.0001hp... and sometime just land a barrel somewhere just to keep enemies from that position, but if they see your item build and are intelligent they wont be scared by it lol.

summoner spell: cleanse flash.

cleanse + flash + belly charge = you shouldnt die ever.

Roffles

03-15-2010

Mana Crystal + 2 pots
Catalyst
Merc Treads
Rod of Ages
Soulstealer
Aegis
Ryali's?

JimmyD33

03-31-2010

For items with gragas i usually go
1.Rod Of Ages
2.Deathfire Grasp
3. Boots of Swiftness or Mobility
4.Nashors Tooth
5.Rylai's Crystal Scepter
and if the game actually lasted this long
6.Lich Bane

with this your Barrel roll does roughly 575 dmg a hit,
and your ultimate does about 805 dmg

dinahmoehumm

03-31-2010

ive been extremely sucsessful with tank gragas.
start wtih health crystal, then levitan, merc treads, spirit visage then anything with hp works very well if you play smart

Loki312

04-26-2010

with gragas i started playing him as a caster and did quite well with him and thought how dumb it would be to use tank gragas like I read in the weeba wousa guide.

https://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=73252

But man he is fun to play and also useful but Im not very high ELowise rather low id think.

But I take a Long Sword and a health pot from the start then
Brutalizer
normal Boots
leviatan
then either soul shroud/BFsword (when I have probs stayin alive i take the first which also sets ur ultimate at 40ish sec cd)
and with BF sword do what u like to get dmg up in 1 slot

i tried it with an atmas impaler and it worked quite well too instead of sth with a BF sword in it.
He is really fun to play this way I think. Gogo Gragas

PS so not that anyone gets it wrong I love the guide I posted above. *thumbs up*

fanatic2443

05-16-2010

I've had alot of success with this item build.

I run cd reduc as my primary runes and getting cd reduc for masteries.

For sum skills i use exhaust and ignite.

1. Chalice
2. Sorcers boots or Swiftness
3. Ryls
4. Void/ Zhon/ Abyssal take your pick depending on who your playing against. The game has ussually ended with the other team surrendering before you finish this item.

I hadn't run chalice on gragas ever before this and i have to tell you it's amazing the amount of harassment you can dish out once you have it. Your staying power in a lane sky rockets. The mana regen = life regen with gargas's passive and you can spam charge all day to get back into your lane quickly. Chalice by far has been the most helpful item ive used on gargas.

I get ryls first becuz it allows u start hunting quicker. The slow is invaluable for early game team battles and it becomes your bread and butter for setting urself up for kills. The slow makes getting a better ult off easier and ur casks will hit alot more often. If your team seems to b losing early game, this becomes a great item to slow down enemy chases and ganks while allowing your team to have more successful ganks.

All the other items are replaceable, but i ussually go straight for direct ap so you can 1 shot minion waves sooner.

My item build is all about gaining a small advantage then taking off with it. Early game ur staying in the lane longer than the enemy and gain a lvl or 2 on them, ryls comes in to try and tak advantage of it by getting a kill or 2 on them. If thats not successful your ap allows you to start 1 shotting creep waves letting you push harder and out farming your oponent.

The biggest downside to my build that ive found is that you have to play really aggressive as early as possible to capitalize on any advantage. This build is not for the faint of heart. Early game is a breeze with harassing here and there, but come mid game u have to play extremly aggressive and throw yourself into situations where not casting fast enough means dieing. Ryls has a tendancy to b my do or die item where it becomes obvious if were gunna lose the game or win it. You basically findout if u were TOO agressive.

I ENCOURAGE ANY1 TRYING GRAGAS TO TRYOUT CHALICE AS A STARTING ITEM!!!!!!

Loas

05-26-2010

he is both a tank/attack damage/caster, if you go TT you mind wanna go AD as being a Ap gragas with a little health dont help you alot, but if you go SR you should go AP, its great in SR
but AD is totally insane in TT, because you got your drunken rage and your body slam, you will fast get 200 attack damage, with all that said, i go tank/AD in TT and AP/alittle healt in SR.

Rumpshaker

05-26-2010

My bro has over 200+ games as Gragas and he plays him exclusively as AP now. And it's a sight to behold. The thing that some people have touched on is a combo of AP but more importantly, spell pen and reduction.

Around mid game those barrels hurt bad. Especially casters. The thing that's being overlooked a bit is that Gragas can push like a monster, and his ult is a real threat. I've ended up killing way more people in team fights once I started aiming for the middle of the scrum. Baring that I just hit the incoming creep wave.

The barrel roll is usually a finisher. You can cause havoc in team fights with an ult that is always up and does good dmg. Blow people into towers and separate individuals for ganking.

The other great think about Gragas is that he takes dmg well and operates at range most of the time. When he moves in it's for the kill or because a large advantage has been gained.

First item - Deathfire grasp.
Second - Sorc Boots.
Third - Void Staff.
Fourth - Zhonyas.

Pickles

Recruiter

05-26-2010

AD/tank gragas is better now, but I think AP gragas will be really good in the next patch due to the addition of a .5 AP ratio to his bodyslam.

Dombi

05-26-2010

AP on Gragas make me sad... at least until next patch.