Gragas item builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

l Cyclone l

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2010

Today I've tried CD/ap build with him. 3.8 sec on barrel, that is dealing 4xx-5xx damage. 6 sec cd on charge. 36 sec on ult, that is dealing 325 + 2xx damage. Spam, spam, spam...

Miirik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2010

AP Gragas is decent early game, I remember going 4/0 in one game. But AP falls apart in his late game because the things like barrel roll don't do that great of damage. He's not a spell damage tank. AP gragas is much more a support fire kind of guy I find.

But i'm having loads of fun with tank gragas ^_^ 21 points of defense and max drunken rage = 30% damage reduction! In a game where teamfights usually last less then 10 seconds, it was fun watching 3 guys have to beat on me for a whole 10 seconds before i finally died while i carelessly hammered at their inhib XD.

But for someone classified as a tank, he has very low hp, seriously, 40-60hp extra in the beginning would make a world of difference for the guy.

I mainly try and go full tank on him with little regards to dps. You would think people ignore me but they don't, and if they do and go after someone else (has happened) they find me chasing and charging at them

They key is to spam drunken rage constantly!

DrYou

02-27-2010

He has plenty of health and a pretty decent escape with Body Slam IMO...

Here's my full build:

https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=67213

And here's a game I played just a couple hours ago and did pretty decent considering how useless Grag used to be.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2795/...f49c0ba4_o.jpg

Hashishim

03-05-2010

Been playing Grag a little, and he seems worthless end game no matter what build you go (assuming you're not horribly overfed, and even then...). I've decided to pretty much give up and now I just stack auras on him. Armor of the Legion, merc treads, Soul Shroud, Frozen Heart/Stark's Fervor and GA at the end.

He'll have low dmg, decent hp, good physical protection, and provides more in team battles because if they ff you, you're surprisingly tough to kill, and if they don't, your auras do your work for you. Slam when cd, always make sure rage is on (with cd runes you'll be covered), and ult stragglers towards your team whenever possible.

Skills:

Slam
Rage
Slam
Rage
Slam
Ult
Slam
Slam
Rage
Rage
Ult
Rage
Barrels and ult

I'd stick a point in barrel depending on matchup and situation, but so far I've found the extra investment in rage better for both laning and pushing back their heroes. Rage, slam, slap them with your fat hand and that's a decent chunk of change you're forking over. No need to committ, but you'll force them to play carefully. Also, this way you'll have all the mana you need to keep slammin' creeps for both last hits and keeping your passive regen going. Your early game laning, if playing defensively and letting the creeps push near your tower (ie last hit versus hitting everything all the bloody time), is actually quite good.

Anyway like I said only played a few games, and have lost more than I've won with Grag, but after thinking about it auras (at least up to the soul shroud) seems a good idea. He really isn't designed to outshine any hero solo, so might as well just do team stuff.

Hope this at least generates some ideas.

Haz

P.S. First post on this forum, so if this reply is in the wrong place sorry.

nicosharp

03-05-2010

the post of above me is the way to play gragas.

Serker

03-05-2010

Haters be ****ed, AP Gragas is the best. Ya'll just ain't good with barrels.

1) Haunting Guise
2) Boots
3) Rod of Ages
4) Sorc Boots
5) Void Staff
6) Soul Shroud
7) Lich Bane
8) Sell Haunting Guise for Nashor's Tooth

nicosharp

03-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serker View Post
Haters be ****ed, AP Gragas is the best. Ya'll just ain't good with barrels.

1) Haunting Guise
2) Boots
3) Rod of Ages
4) Sorc Boots
5) Void Staff
6) Soul Shroud
7) Lich Bane
8) Sell Haunting Guise for Nashor's Tooth
AP Gragas is good for when you want to play a caster, but aren't. Much better to play another champ instead that benefits more from AP, hell, even janna. I've ran plenty similar gragas builds, and although it is fun, unfortunately, you are only benefiting two of his moves, that are highly dependent on opponents moving and playing superbly bad. Yet, it is a awesome way to creep farm!

Adorno

03-07-2010

5 zeal.

Hashishim

03-10-2010

Just an update on Gragas build ideas.

Played him a bit more, finally pulled into the positive win range, and still kinda stumped on builds.

What doesn't work:

Tank gragas. Unless your team has 0 tanks, don't go this path. You can be completely ignored. No stuns, one ult that doesn't move them quite far enough, and a slow that won't save team much.

AP Gragas. Good early game. You'll feel like you're throwing your weight around. If the game lasts for more than 40 min and they are halfway decent, expect for their casters to completely outshine you and for anyone who gets to you chew you up like food

Damage Gragas. Ha. AP Gragas survives longer and does more dmg.

Overall I love this hero and will play him, but he adds absolutely nothing to the team. Not even a "win harder" hero.

I'll stick to shield of legion and soul shroud until something better comes along. However, for the beginning of the game, tried 5 pots + fortitude potion and that seemed to work pretty well. I can be a lot more aggressive on charge ppl and shut down squishy side lanes well.

Well, lemme get my 100th win with rammus (1 off!) before I go back to playing an even worse hero :P

BatesThaBeast

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashishim View Post
Just an update on Gragas build ideas.

Played him a bit more, finally pulled into the positive win range, and still kinda stumped on builds.

What doesn't work:

Tank gragas. Unless your team has 0 tanks, don't go this path. You can be completely ignored. No stuns, one ult that doesn't move them quite far enough, and a slow that won't save team much.

AP Gragas. Good early game. You'll feel like you're throwing your weight around. If the game lasts for more than 40 min and they are halfway decent, expect for their casters to completely outshine you and for anyone who gets to you chew you up like food

Damage Gragas. Ha. AP Gragas survives longer and does more dmg.

Overall I love this hero and will play him, but he adds absolutely nothing to the team. Not even a "win harder" hero.

I'll stick to shield of legion and soul shroud until something better comes along. However, for the beginning of the game, tried 5 pots + fortitude potion and that seemed to work pretty well. I can be a lot more aggressive on charge ppl and shut down squishy side lanes well.

Well, lemme get my 100th win with rammus (1 off!) before I go back to playing an even worse hero :P

Who do you usually play with? Dont get me wrong when i first started i used AP grag with some success but lately been going the tank route, having much more games where i dominate and FAR more team involvement. we also usually have 3 tanks, and i do just fine tanking right beside them.I dunno maybe its just your style of play but tank grag is ONLY viable in a heavily team-oriented game for me.......... I missed my share but ive also been told ALOT that "that was a nice cask throw" cause we got the kill..........alot of people hate cause they say hes only good for "assists".....and yeah when you just see the numbers it looks weak but when youve fallen victim to a blinking cask throwing body slam through walls grag assists, you dont talk as much **** lol.....anyways Right now I might have like 50 games or so with him, not TOO many but its really all ive been playing recently...... But again i usually queue with the same people so perhaps its your team makeup. Also most tank build guides ive seen arent the way i go, they usually mix something in there with it atk or Ap or something else besides devoting everything to hp, hp regen, armor or mag res.This is how i am playing him as of late:

Start:

Runes: Armor Pen 15, Mana Reg @ 18=34(Had this for use on Pant, kept em and seems to work just fine on grag)

Summ Abl: Cleanse, Flash
ITEMS

1. Regrowth
2.or3. Either Ninja tobai's or mercury treads, depends on opponents team(casters,atk'ers)
2.or3. build regrowth into Warmogs
4. Either Wardens Mail or Force of Nature, again depends on opponents team

If the game is still going.......should be over but IF then
5. Stack Armor or Mag Res, whatever i can afford thats good at the time, use your judgement.

As for the 2. or 3. Just depends on what my money is. whatever i have enough for to make the biggest adjustment in the game.......if im already doing great, and have enough right out for tobais or treads then i get em. If i can last till i get 3000 Gp, which happens alot actually i go straight for warmogs and get it out of the way, reasoning being body slam can be used for travel or movement boost.

ABILITY

1. Q---Barrel toss---I only put my first point in this now. obviously spam this early for the first couple lvls, specially if laning against squishys.
2. W---Drunken Rage
3. E---Body Slam
4. Priority then goes W,R,E,Q

Coordinate with your team using flash, body slam, Exp cask, the whole works, practice whatever combo works best or whatever the situation calls for, but i cant tell you how many times ive exp casked people either from their towers into a ryze, blitz, or any stun combo and got the kill, or into my turrent.........Be creative and use your enviroment, his body slam can go through anything so long as the tip of the range shows he could walk on the other side.ALWAYS have W on, sure thats a no brainer but consider once your lvl 5 with this build, you now have a practical BF sword, with dmg red of 18%......AND the dmg stacks on your body slam...... use your cask to escape, along with cleanse and run through walls to get away, dont use the paths as this is a semi slow build,pay attention and maybe wait 1 or 2 seconds for you mana to regen but pretty much you should always be using body slam if you based to get back in the action, and id say 1 or 2 body slams before get to your team or where the enemy is, use drunken rage............Again blinking with grag is very unexpected, and when coordinated with the right team mates you can REALLY F up the opposing player.......... and if it backfires cleanse and body slam your way out.

And people either dont realize or just dont utilize to its full effectiveness grag's body slam........he can go through a straight line through the forest, while most other champs must navigate. If they have blink they can do what he does once, but him and kass really can run through the forest, grag more so cause he has a move to restore mana, and his move cost less. USE this Ability all the time.

if things go well usually i dont even get a chance to stack arm or mag res, but when you do get to Item 4. you practically never have to base again if you can survive the enemies initial rush and its all focused on you,cause your hp regen is so ridiculous. End game i play a tricky grag cause i will initiate, bait, get stunned, then cleanse and flash out immediately, hopefully leading the enemy out just enough to trap him. Dude i run with plays a good morgana and snares well, sheilds me well also..........I dont know try it out and see what happens, tweak it, but a tank grag is much fun, trust me