Gragas item builds?

12345678 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Davros6000

02-25-2010

I've had alot of sucsess with a hybrid ap tank, i call it a mage with 3-4k hp.
Starting item is Catalyst the Protector for same reason as stated before.
For boots i go for swiftness, becuase i value the move speed more than magic pen
Next is sheen, because his spell are realy spammable, plus while drunk ur ad is increased, so sheen hits harder.
The next item is dependant on how much money u have, i like to get leviathon, Hp per stack, plus if ur lucky to get 20 stacks the 15% dmg resists works so well with drunk with 20% at 5th lvl.
then i build a locket, for the extra staying power plus team support, miss leviathon if u don't like it or won't get the benifit of it and go strait for this.
next i build my sheen into a litchbane, move speed is awsome, plus u end up having the same ap as dmg at this stage while drunk.
last i build a Rylais, because it is awsome more hp and slow.

For abilities i build like this
q
e
w
q
e
r
q
e
e
q
r
q
w
w
r
w
w

The reason i only get one lvl in w early is because it doesn't scale that well, at lvl 5 it is double the efectiveness of lvl 1

Volf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2010

I found gragas so fun, and now that he got a buff i'm saving 3150 =P

T0ggle

02-26-2010

http://www.xfire.com/communities/twi...forums/196091/
there are guides there with one being ap gragas.
I haven't gotten around to making a tank gragas, I may later after I get over 100wins with mordekaiser.

sgtbeatdown

02-26-2010

Here's why I will disagree with an AP Gragas build:

1. You end up sitting there and rolling in barrells. This is not effective, and does your team really no good.

2. AP Gragas gets owned late game. Because your cool down are to long and you have no means of real damage.

3. AP negates the whole benifit of your passive, and makes getting drunk and charging pretty useless. You wont have the HP to help out in team fights or any damage out put past your spells.

IMO Tank Gragas works incredible.

I useually dont have to get more then 2 or 3 items in order to be almost unkillable.

Inerv locket, and warmogs is incredible. The amount of hp you can regen is sick.
ill post my guide alittle later in a seperate post where ill go into detail.

Hubbz

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtbeatdown View Post
1. You end up sitting there and rolling in barrells. This is not effective, and does your team really no good.
Oh ****. Someone skin him as Donkey Kong - stat!

aRcKuS

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubbz View Post
Oh ****. Someone skin him as Donkey Kong - stat!
Oh man.....someone so should

sezg

02-27-2010

Quote:
Here's why I will disagree with an AP Gragas build:

2. AP Gragas gets owned late game. Because your cool down are to long and you have no means of real damage.

3. AP negates the whole benifit of your passive, and makes getting drunk and charging pretty useless. You wont have the HP to help out in team fights or any damage out put past your spells.
I completely, 100% agree with this.

Quote:
IMO Tank Gragas works incredible.

I useually dont have to get more then 2 or 3 items in order to be almost unkillable.

Inerv locket, and warmogs is incredible. The amount of hp you can regen is sick.
ill post my guide alittle later in a seperate post where ill go into detail.
...But when it comes to a tank build, I haven't played around with it yet. The way I've had the most success with Gragas has been giving VERY small preference to ap, but ultimately going dps. If that makes sense. I'll pick up charge at level 1, drunken level 2, barrel level 3, then max out charge and drunken.

My boots of choice so far have been boots of mobility. I'm going to need to do a little more experimentation in that aspect but I like the speed so far.

As for the rest of his items, I'll usually make a sheen pretty quick because it seems to work well with his charge and drunken. They're cast quite often which gives him that sheen proc just as often. After sheen I go with a rod of ages then improve sheen to lich's bane. If there's still time left in the game, I spam RoAs.

Not sure what you guys would think of this but just thought I'd put in my 2 cents.

sgtbeatdown

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sezg View Post

As for the rest of his items, I'll usually make a sheen pretty quick because it seems to work well with his charge and drunken. They're cast quite often which gives him that sheen proc just as often.

I honestly play gragas very often and never thought about sheen. But I would love to try to incorperate it into my build.

I max out charge and drunken first. I usually dont even bother with barrell until i have to.

DrYou

02-27-2010

I get sheen first every game.

I do an attack damage build and feel it's the best way to play him. He already got a good chunk of health so hes passively like a tank.

The reason Sheen is good is because the buff increases damage of your charge but isn't taken away by charge. So you get a damage bonus to your Charge, then a damage bonus to the following hit. Trinity Force makes this even better obviously.

-Sheen
-Boots of Mob
-Brutalizer
-TriForce
-Stinger -Into Nash Tooth

You want CD items still since the Sheen buff on TriForce has no cool down.

And honestly past the first 2 items Im still experimenting.

-Dru

RickyRickz

02-27-2010

he doesnt have alot of health sry

with your build you can deal some decent damage but you will die pretty easily

12345678 ... 10