Gragas item builds?

123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grovel

02-02-2010

The thing that's unique/weird/different about Gargas is his skills seem to emphasize scattering your opponents. It feels counter intuitive to the current meta game (at least at my lower ELO); you want all your opponents to group up so multiple champs just AoE everyone down. Do you really want a Gragas on your team when you have a Fiddlesticks, Gangplank, Malphite, Karthus, etc....?

Initially it feels like Garags's role is to separate opponents so your carries can chase them down one by one. He doesn't seem like the kind of champ who rushes headfirst into a group and piles on the kills- if anything he might be more annoying than helpful for dense group battles to the less experienced/less teamwork oriented pubs. I mean, I hate when an Alister thinks headbutting the focus fire carry at half life is a good idea, now we have a champ who can do that to the entire team.

workonyou

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovel View Post
The thing that's unique/weird/different about Gargas is his skills seem to emphasize scattering your opponents. It feels counter intuitive to the current meta game (at least at my lower ELO); you want all your opponents to group up so multiple champs just AoE everyone down. Do you really want a Gragas on your team when you have a Fiddlesticks, Gangplank, Malphite, Karthus, etc....?

Initially it feels like Garags's role is to separate opponents so your carries can chase them down one by one. He doesn't seem like the kind of champ who rushes headfirst into a group and piles on the kills- if anything he might be more annoying than helpful for dense group battles to the less experienced/less teamwork oriented pubs. I mean, I hate when an Alister thinks headbutting the focus fire carry at half life is a good idea, now we have a champ who can do that to the entire team.
I agree. It would be cool if his ult attracted enemies then exploded. Something like "Gargas creates a special brew that no enemy can deny and is attracted to it to quench their thirst."

Not sure how'd you would balance it, but just an idea!

Skyllus

02-02-2010

Played a couple games with him, first getting Health, then Mana...Havent tried a DPS build.

Early impressions are that his barrell roll is really strong early game for harassing+farming (Much like Janna), but once you reach mid-game the damage doesn't scale well at all. You end up barely doing anything to them. You also have no chasing mechanism to be able to get hits in on someone running (they usually outrun the barrell unless they are slowed).

Ult is really good at saving/initiating by knocking people back, but you need the right team to be able to capitalize on the knockback (Morgana+a DPS carry would be a great combo). But I noticed that if the barrel hits at a certain angle, they don't scatter as much as other angles.

Also lolz@being able to roll barrells through walls

Adalonus

02-02-2010

Tossing a barrel in and killing someone next to their tower is hysterical btw.

StretchyStretch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2010

Definitely AP. I start with RoA then go with either Abyssal Scepter or Haunting Guise or some -CD. Rylais would be good too i just havent been in a long enough game to get one. He is a great caster tank so health is better than mana imo.

Novakane

02-02-2010

Just because a character doesnt lead the kills on the scoreboard doesnt mean he isn't effective. This fatty can cause a hellova ruckus in a team battle. Knocking opponents back into turret range, or aoe ulti's out of your team's range, etc.

Curio

02-02-2010

gragas can be effective was both ap/cooldown caster, disruption tank, or dps. his entire dps build revolved around triforce, which is really really effective on him.

also ive found building hybrid ap tank very effective. rylai on him works wonders. his ult is 1:1 and a very low cooldown. all around his abit trickier and item dependent. but can be played well with mutiple playstyles. which is something i really like.
ala malphite or nunu. (tank or dps / tank or AP)

All GUCCI Bro

02-02-2010

hmm I like him alot tho...but some1 give me a Mini guide..like Item Build(step by step), Runes, and Mastery, and Summoner Skills..and explaining why you think he needs those items runes etc...im currently putting Ignite and Exhaust..Ignite for da 10 ap and Exhaust for a Barrel Roll setup along with a Charge (ALOT OF DMG in a matter of secs)..but Gragas is a beast..just gotta time your moves correctly and work da **** out of his fat belly..BTW: I DRINK A LIL..THEN GO IN..BURRRRR

KirbyHero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2010

what's up with the ...'s?

Kyousuke LB

02-03-2010

i tried ap/cd and he didnt seem to have enough lasting power..ive been useing this lately and it has actually done well.

1. regrowth pendent
2. chalice of harmony
3 ninja tabi
4 warmogs armour
5 rod of ages

his cooldowns are low anyway and this way you dont die very easily.

123456 ... 10