Gragas item builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hannor

11-20-2010

I go Roa>Lichbane. Get some cdr in runes and masteries and blue elixir. His attack skills are on a low enough cd to reallty make use of the lichbane.

Bodyslam, phys attack, barrel roll, phys attack, bodyslam, phys attack is pretty straight forward and does tons of damage.

The biggest thing to learn is how to keep your bodyslam from hitting too many targets. ideally you will just hit one target with it at a time. Save exploding cask for chasing or initiatig, remembering to hit with your lichbane proc after using exploding cask and your next ability (usually bodyslam.)

After these two itesm, build situationally. You need to be beefy enough to be in the middle of the team fight without sacrificing too much damage. Cdr is also a good thing to have in your third or fourth item. An atma's impaler coupled with a ryla's as later game items actually increases his damage effectiveness greatly, even if it is more hybrid, but only if you really need the beef.

For boots, i prefer the movespeed three boots to sorcerer shoes, since his slow movespeed is more crippling than the lack of magic pen. if you need magic pen, then get an abyssal scepter, as the aura will be incredibly effective as you jump into the middle of the enemy,

TTS Zubat

12-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannor View Post
I go Roa>Lichbane. Get some cdr in runes and masteries and blue elixir. His attack skills are on a low enough cd to reallty make use of the lichbane.

Bodyslam, phys attack, barrel roll, phys attack, bodyslam, phys attack is pretty straight forward and does tons of damage.

The biggest thing to learn is how to keep your bodyslam from hitting too many targets. ideally you will just hit one target with it at a time. Save exploding cask for chasing or initiatig, remembering to hit with your lichbane proc after using exploding cask and your next ability (usually bodyslam.)

After these two itesm, build situationally. You need to be beefy enough to be in the middle of the team fight without sacrificing too much damage. Cdr is also a good thing to have in your third or fourth item. An atma's impaler coupled with a ryla's as later game items actually increases his damage effectiveness greatly, even if it is more hybrid, but only if you really need the beef.

For boots, i prefer the movespeed three boots to sorcerer shoes, since his slow movespeed is more crippling than the lack of magic pen. if you need magic pen, then get an abyssal scepter, as the aura will be incredibly effective as you jump into the middle of the enemy,
lol, no

gragas is a strong farmer

rush innervating locket and spirit visage, get your boots of choice, then fill in as needed

locket + visage + drunken rage + passive = infinite mana/health = broken laning...morde-esque laning

you cant push him, he hits hard enough you cant ignore him, and he is too bulky to gank consistently

Wisgary

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2010

I go 0/9/21 ghost and flash.

I start off with a Doran's Ring, then get sorcerer's boots, then get locket. After that I get randuin's omen and abyssal scepter, with their order depending on who is doing the big deeps (physical vs magical). After that I get void staff. I'm tanky enough to survive everything except a very deep 5v1 gank or a bad bad teamfight, but I can destroy squishies super hard.

Game should be over by now - if not, I get zhonya's to troll - dash barrel ult go nuts against all 5, trigger zhonya... flash then dash and hey I'm safe.

HAHAcopytag

12-11-2010

CORE ITEMS:
Merc Boots
Sheen -> Lichbane
Aegis or Spirit Visage if someone has Aegis
Frozen Mallet

Then just go to defense or damage tab and buy what your lacking.

Max W and E before getting a single point into barrel.
Priority: R, W, E, Q

You should try to keep W, and E about the same level. You can farm pretty well by using E on the caster minions or just into a bunch of minions.

Harass by charging at the enemy, get a auto attack in and run back unless your teammate attacks also.

Use your ult to try and push the enemy into your tower or push him back when he's escaping, or even to push the enemy back to escape.

I use AD red runes, yellow flat mana regen, and blue cool down.

Seriously I've played over 50 games with AP/CDR gragas, it just isn't as good as AD off-tank. i LOL when I'm against one in games. Have half of you people even tried AD gragas....

sirswearalot

12-11-2010

tank gragas is so ridiculously strong i dominate 1 v 2's as tank gragas.

Ordain

12-11-2010

I play AP Gragas and usually carry the game im in.

My build is R>Q>W>E keeping q and w around the same level, maybe even levelling w more then q if youre using alot of mana.

I take the solo lane if we have a jungler and mid if we dont have one.

Items are as follows:

Meki + 1hp and 1 mp pot

Catalyst.

Tear of the goddess.

Upgrade your catalyst into RoA and then your Tear into an AA when you can.

And then a Rylais and a Zhonyas.

After that build according to their team, i usually get some tank items so i can be tanky and still hit like a truck.

Most games i buy Sorc boots unless they have excessive CC, because Gragas is afraid of no CC.

Gragas is one of the best farmers in the game IMO so you shouldnt have much trouble finishing your build most games and thats also why i take a solo lane with him, most people will get mad at you or be a ******bag for taking mid thinking Gragas is ****ty but just ignore them.

You're also probably the best tower defender in the game, just sit at the tower and throw barrels, ulting them into the turret if they come to close or if their whole team tries to dive you just ult them away.

Mystěk

02-24-2011

Tank gragas is the best choice I reckon. Ap gragas is crutched by cool downs and bodyslam is situational considering you'll die most times if you charge in and w well isn't for dmg so you're left waiting on q cool down.

I still max q first for the creeps, harassing and killed plenty of running heroes with it.

Good thing reading this thread though since I never got sheen before but now getting it nearly every game, great for early mana problems and nice damage boost for charge + hits. I find visage very useful on him as all stats and great benefit.

I just don't see why go ap gragas when most other casters bring more to table with an easier time doing so. I suppose the same can be said for tank gragas so each to his own.