Purpose of crit.chance runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imposer

02-02-2010

Sorry for such a mistake. Now I see that crit chance is good.

Plot looks a little weired now... and I can't figure out why... but now it looks more realistic

And critChance is realy needed

pirocheetah

02-02-2010

Both ftw

U get used to get all crit damage cuz crit chance was item cheap.

imposer

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypope View Post
**Crit bonus starts at 100%. If you add 10% via runes, that ups your crit bonus 110% bonus to damage on critical hits.

Yeap. But my critMulti is already 200%, so my crit damage is (critMulti+bonus)*damage

where my critMulti = yours (1 + starting_critical_damage_bonus)

Holypope

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by imposer View Post
Yeap. But my critMulti is already 200%, so my crit damage is (critMulti+bonus)*damage

where my critMulti = yours (1 + starting_critical_damage_bonus)
You make the formula more complicated by subtracting out all crits, then adding them back in later. Yes, crits hit for 2X, but if you've already counted the regular portion of the damage, then you only need to add 1x.

...or more specifically, your crit bonus IS NOT 200%. Your bonus is 100%, added on top of the normal damage.

Kersei

02-02-2010

Quote:
You make the formula more complicated by subtracting out all crits, then adding them back in later. Yes, crits hit for 2X, but if you've already counted the regular portion of the damage, then you only need to add 1x.

...or more specifically, your crit bonus IS NOT 200%. Your bonus is 100%, added on top of the normal damage.
It's not any more or less complicated, just factored differently. All the formulas here have been equivalent.

btw, notice he calls it crit multiplier instead of bonus

imposer

02-02-2010

Quote:
It looked a little bit more correct for me:

chance_of_NONcrit * Damage
+
chance_of_crit * Damage * (2+runes+items)

Quote:
I used it not as bonus, but as multiplier. So i'ts just (2 + (bonuses from runes)/100)

tnemlec

02-02-2010

simple

crit doubles your normal dmg, crit chance means mroe chance to double your dmg.

Its very noticable during early game how higher crit chance can help you. You have an edge above others.
Crit is one of the things that are good thru-out the whole game, and not to mention that its extremely scalable with items. You ALWAYS wanna crit.

during early where avg hp of champs ranges from 450-550, depending on your starting item or summoner spell. u can easily land a crit on the enemy's face and watch 1/3 of their hp gone. Toss in summoner spells like exhaust or have another teammate, higher chance for first blood.

A full page of crit chance rune + masteries will easily put u at 20% crit to start at level 1. 1 out of 5 strikes will crit at lv one, thats just too good, esp for ranged champions that can harass well.

To my understanding, and from the stats, crit dmg will start to scale better than crit chance when your crit chance is above 50-55%. As the above poster said, balacing your stats helps.

Also personally i just like the fact that when u crit someone for 1/4 or 1/3 of their hp early game, they would think twice getting near to you when laning. Crit is good for this psychological effect early game, people **** their pants and start running back home when they see much of their hp gone, and they wuold start to play more defensively, hence giving you an easier time to lane.

imposer

02-02-2010

And here are final plots.
I assume here, that cost of critChance is 1000IP/% and critDamage is 1300IP/%

Mikaksi

02-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by imposer View Post
And here are final plots.
I assume here, that cost of critChance is 1000IP/% and critDamage is 1300IP/%
Can we have bigger images, please?

Charmicarmicarmicat

02-03-2010

If you are calculating crit dmg vs crit chance, attackspeed is irrelevant. The only modifier that forces you to calculate attackspeed is attack damage(not counting procs such as madreds and wits end) the rest are a percentile function that scales equally with or without attackspeed.

It's pretty easy actually. 20% crit chance = 20% more dmg (on average throughout a game)
50% crit dmg = 0% more dmg with 0% crit chance - 25% more damage with 100% crit chance.

With Infinity Edge, crit chance stays at 20% increased damage (as long as you have 80 or less crit chance which is a pretty fair assumption)

Crit damage however, decrease from 0-25% to 0-20%.

In other words, crit chance is better in almost every aspect unless you have 100% crit chance and no infinity edge - which is very unlikely. And this is without counting the benefits you get early game from crit chance, or the fact that they're cheaper.

Or, unless ofcourse you are shaco - Ashe and Pantheon do not get enough bonus to consider crit dmg.