Top Tier Mundo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaiBot

02-02-2010

Good players don't play Mundo, he is not good for anything.

There are better DPS.
There are better Tanks
There are better pushers.
There are better characters.

Voidgolem

02-02-2010

"Top Tier"

"Don't max cleaver first"

*/boggle*

Chingmeister

02-02-2010

Cleaver usage is a double edged sword. I have noticed if you fail to kill someone with it they go heal and show back up at full health and try to gank you. I'm starting to expirement with not actually trying to kill people with it and just leaving them low so they don't try anything.

This strategy doesn't involve going for early kills. It involves denying the opponents thousands of gold and making them commit to a pDPS build because they bought an executioner. Followed of course by walking all over them with an hp/armor/magic damage build and ending the game in a very short period of time since your aoe farming skyrockets as you stack sunfires and your opponents have already committed to single target dps.

Your not exactly adding a starks or other amazing group buff aura. It is more like you are taking one away from the other team. At low gold levels, it creates huge power difference...

This is not a physical dps build. I am well aware that Mundo is not a top tier physical DPS and never will be.

That being said, I don't know of any other character with the capacity to start with 5k+ extra aoe damage stored up at level 1 in a way that can be used continuously as needed to completely anihilate wave after wave of mobs.

Shalos

02-02-2010

Mundo is a top tier DPS, but he's a tank first. As for top tier in the game, I can't say, but low/mid elo he can easily dominate.

DO NOT build mulitple Warmog's or lifesteal on him. You open yourself to a cheap & easy counter(Execs Calling). What good is a build that is completely countered by a 1000 gold item?

Get a Warmog early - it is an amazing item on him, then support it. If you get a touch of armor and a touch of MR, you easily double or even triple his effective health. And he can't be countered completely.

Here is the build: http://www.leaguecraft.com/builder/D...3fd910afd30ffc

Sell the Doran's and upgrade the upgradables as needed. Easy 500 DPS with his spammable abilities, not adding cleaver damage(25% of their health), 7,800 effective health for 8,400 gold - usually reachable in a game. AND, not completely counterable.

Prinnybomb

02-02-2010

I honestly cannot see this guide working at all.

The way to do it in my bracket is...

Masochism is maxed first, followed by cleaver, and usually 1 point of burning agony at 4 or 8.

Burning agony is not going to be killing anyone other than yourself against smart people early on. You mine as well go for some beastly headbutt crits to some mofos.

Korath Arcolite

02-02-2010

Mundo totally goes where he pleases, as long as you build him right :P

I don't know how viable this build is, it's got lots of stacked AoE but you're sorta squishy. I'd say you need either Sorc boots or treads depending on enemy team comp.

I'm at a fairly low ELO so he's still a viable pub character so I play him pretty regularly. I do one of two builds, depending on what I think my team needs.
Either Warmogs > boots > guardian angel > starks (if nobody has it) or thirster
OR
I run the build suggested in the thread http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=51570

I do find I get more assists than kills. I do find that I'll get called kill thief at least once a game (knowing how to LEAD with the cleaver results in kills when people run)

I also tend to play him differently than a lot of people. Between Exhaust and Cleaver he has decent single target CC. If you know that Eve or Kat is waiting to pounce on your mage as soon as the team brawl starts, hang back, toss cleaves and when they get impatient and jump in, butcher them like a hog. This is good for two reasons 1) they die, no more ganking. 2) your mage does not die = moar nukes!

just my 2 cents

Gillett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingmeister View Post
Cleaver usage is a double edged sword. I have noticed if you fail to kill someone with it they go heal and show back up at full health and try to gank you. I'm starting to expirement with not actually trying to kill people with it and just leaving them low so they don't try anything.
I have only used Mundo once, so I may be mistaken. But cleaver does damage as a percent of their remaining health, so it is impossible to kill someone with it. Which would explain why you fail to kill people with it. For some reason I find your mistake comical.

Jothki

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillett View Post
I have only used Mundo once, so I may be mistaken. But cleaver does damage as a percent of their remaining health, so it is impossible to kill someone with it. Which would explain why you fail to kill people with it. For some reason I find your mistake comical.
You are mistaken. Cleaver has a minimum damage, though that's reduced by MR.

Mpalm

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solution Nine View Post
MUNDO TOP TIER?

LOL

NO

that is all
My Mundo is top men.

Mpalm

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiBot View Post
Good players don't play Mundo, he is not good for anything.

There are better DPS.
There are better Tanks
There are better pushers.
There are better characters.
See above.