Top Tier Mundo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chingmeister

02-01-2010

So this is sorta a guide/theory on Mundo as a top tier character. Basically, Mundo goes where he pleases and this is the guide to get there.

Skills:
Q: Cleaver...so the purpose of this is to weaken opponents to 40% health so they don't get any crazy ideas of trying to rush you. If you weaken someoen below 40% they typically port out and heal to full so you just endangered yourself. This is doubly dangerous since you probably spent a bunch of your life to do so... Level this up behind...

W: Burning agony... So this is a health based spell so 20 health does 40 aoe damage...If you are in the middle of 6-7 minions this does 240-280 dps...at level 1. This is technically the best skill in the game for dps. Technically this adds more dps when used properly then any other maxed out skill in the entire game.

E: single target dps...yea..we'll uh...ignore this skill. You can't snowball out of control with single target dps.

R: More fuel for W combined with an escape skill.

So basically you want to level W > R > Q. E is optional to level beyond level 1 or at all.

Theory: You basically automatically win if you have better gear then your opponents if they can't get any gold. This means you have to AOE minions to death so your minions get killed by their tower.

Mundo has the highest sustainable AOE damage in the game....at the cost of health. So what would really be nice to start with would be say...2600 extra hitpoints to enable you to do 5200 AoE dps.

So how do you start with 5200 extra aoe dps stored up? Duh...start with 13 healing potions... This is enough to shut opponents down every single wave until you get your ult at level 6...see below:

Play: Wait tillt he tougher melee minions in front are at 2/3 life. Run in with burning agony exactly between the caster and melee minions and activate Burning agony. Attack each caster once for 50 and do the remaining 200-300 damage with BA. Collect your 150 gold. It helps to have a ranged lane partner so they don't try to jump you. (Nobody's really dumb enough to jump Mundo anyways.

Watch your minoins get slaughtered by opponents tower. Opponents get 75 gold. Use a health potion every other wave as appropriate.

Net result: you get 150 - 17 (half a health pot) = 133. They get 75.

When you have to go back buy basic boots, a sunfire cape, then ninja tabi, then another sunfire, a gaurdian angel, then 2 more sunfires.

Once you have your first sunfire cape you will no longer need health potions and this strategy will snowball. Especially since you can move through jungle form area to area.

Runes: hp@18, hp quints.

Masteries Defensive masteries 21 points, improved exhaust, 8 in utility (improved xp so you hit 6 first and can heal to full with ult before they get theirs and try gank you).

Summoner spells: ignite/exhaust (in case they get frisky with you). Also prevents healing/lifestealing end game. Of course, having a ton of armor also stops lifestealing but thats another story.

You will probably die a few times...my second game with this strategy (I'm improving atm):
Notice Teemo and I got 190 minion kills in a lane and our opponents Kass and Sion got 70...difference of 120 kills @ 26 gold = 3k gold. (Our Sivir owned their spearchucker too in mid but thats another story).

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3500/mundod.jpg

Chingmeister

02-01-2010

So uh...opponents get Exec Calling at 1350 gold. But I was making twice as much as they were so I was at 2700 and had a sunfire. So I could just backoff and ult to heal and didnt need as much W to wipe out all the minions anymore.

I did think it was hilarious for them to waste 1350 (basically a ton of gold when your getting nearly 0) countering Mundo...especially since I didnt have a single hp regen item and could just back up to ult...lawlz.

Try guess how well a carry with exec calling, berserker boots, and some zeals do against a tank spec mundo with exhaust, ninja tabi, and two sunfires...hahahah.

Alarik33

02-01-2010

congratulations

you managed to go 4/4/8 with a character that has no support skills

Chingmeister

02-01-2010

sigh...some people just don't understand the snowballing effect of denying 3k gold early on to the opposing team...

Ponies Gonna Pwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

02-01-2010

Sigh... some people just don't understand what it means to be pretentious and suggest the worst build possible for a PDPS hero so... sigh.

zhenn

02-01-2010

^burning agony > sadist at early level. It is great for harassment, great for farming, and great for chasing. Not to mention the improvement on survivability.

As a physical dps, mundo has no real advantage other than sadist....which become effective as mundo start dying. I'm not saying sadist is not a great skill, but it's more of a bonus dps for when you are finishing your tanking gear and you shouldn't prioritize it asap.

Even if you are building mundo as carry and prioritize on damage, burning agony still should be your top pick as it provide a much more reliable form of dps and you will have easier time picking off fleeing opponent (more money = better carry amirite?).

finally

Quote:
igh... some people just don't understand what it means to be pretentious and suggest the worst build possible for a PDPS hero so... sigh.
you should realize the irony behind that statement

HickstyleZ

02-01-2010

Top Teir mundo would be ultra sick had they made the cool change of 30% more healing/regen to the spirit visage meaning enemies would cap out at 20% healing/healthregen reduction making mundo once again more powerful.

if u curious

end build

runes
29 armor pen 6.7 dodge 8,9% cd reduction lvl 18

masteries
9 0 21

summoner spells
ghost/exhaust

final items
warmog ninja tabi force of nature guardian infinity triforce (infinity/triforce are last items after I sell my 2x heart of gold.)

the basic stats of this build at say lvl 18 would be
250ish attack damage (with E. spell used)
150ish magic resist
250ish armor
just over 4k hp no runes or defense mastery.
450+MS base 550 with ult or ghost. (im between ultimate and ghost im always 500+ ms)

Another tip/Item for mundo is Quicksilver sash maybe coupled with cleanse
i go into a battle at full life run out into a bush or something in a fient retreat us quicksilver sash/cleanse pop ult get hp back this is of course for teams that spam HP REGEN REduction on you.

EVERY SINGLE GAME I USE THE EXACT SAME BUILD. i may choose to build certain items at certain times but i always use the core 2x hearts of gold first every game. if u think mundo is op early game get two hearts of gold on him by 8 minutes hes damage reduction/HP dwarfs all other heros at that point.

conclusion you gotta get in on the heros when they are fresh and OP before everyone exploits them and they get toned down. mundo good example and IM sure one day he will be op again but as of this point he isnt as game shattering as he was a few months ago.

now AP sion theres an op hero at the moment. and will be until all yall exploit him like mundo was.

ps when server comes up ill post a screen shot of my most played champions mundo is one of them

Solution Nine

02-02-2010

MUNDO TOP TIER?

LOL

NO

that is all

Grake

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solution Nine View Post
MUNDO TOP TIER?

LOL

NO

that is all
Totally saw your thread earlier at mundo complaining about Executioners calling. Man, you totally hate mundo :P

Malak al Maut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2010

Most pDPS High Elo Mundo players go Warmogs/Frozen Mallet ~> Boots ~> Starks ~> Bloodthirster.